Hua hin to pattaya flights

3NUMBAS

I think the last attempt did operate for a short time, maybe a week or so? Not sure what fare airlines need to break even, but the Bell Travel bus that started operating non-stop between Hua Hin and Pattaya last December once daily on a 25-seat bus has a very high load factor at B400 one-way. I've taken it eight times so far, and only two or three times was it not full.

Wpcoe.... I had no idea there was a bell bus to Hua Hin....can you remember the timings? The Kan air flight was cancelled and even when they get their additional aircraft (announced today) the only Hua Hi connection is from Chiang Mai!

Not sure how much of a golden opportunity it is, the direct ferries have failed each time.

The Pattaya Airport is a bit far out of town but there is a bus service now from the North Bus Station.

(The airport and Hua Hin)

Edited by jacko45k

Wpcoe.... I had no idea there was a bell bus to Hua Hin....can you remember the timings? The Kan air flight was cancelled and even when they get their additional aircraft (announced today) the only Hua Hi connection is from Chiang Mai!

It started 01-December-2015 quietly without much fanfare/advertising. The buses leave at 1100am from both Pattaya Nua bus station and the bus station in Hua Hin on Petchkasem Road near Soi 106. Fare is B400 each way. Though the trip length varies with traffic, my experience is that it's about five hours on average. It's not mini-van, but full size buses but with only 24 seats: single seats on one side, and double seats on the other side, with good leg room and recline. It also makes a stop in Cha Am on P'Road in front of Bangkok Bank, if passengers have booked for Cha Am.

Booking online: http://www.belltravelservice.com

They just changed their reservations system and currently you cannot make a seat assignment online, but supposedly they are adding that feature back in the future.

[edited to correct URL]

Edited by wpcoe

A post has been removed:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Not sure how much of a golden opportunity it is, the direct ferries have failed each time.

The Pattaya Airport is a bit far out of town but there is a bus service now from the North Bus Station.

(The airport and Hua Hin)

by the time one gets from pattaya to pattaya airport and waits on flights etc to hau hin it would be far easier to board the vip aircon bellbus at sukumvit pattaya for 400 baht and be in hau hinn in 4 hours time.

The Hua Hin-Pattaya (and v.v.) bus is nonstop except for a brief stop in ChaAm if there are passengers booked to/from there. No stop at the airport, no fuel/bathroom stops, etc. My experience has been between the Hua Hin bus station and the Pattaya Nua bus station, it's around five hours.

U tapeo is something of a mystery .we get these regular declarations of his rise to fame but its all wind !its up and down like the whores drawers as to its famed usage which evaporates

We just used U-Tapao for a flight to Chiang Mai. It was fairly well organized and far more convenient than using BKK. They also appear to be constructing a new terminal building.

With that, and the new 331 expansion, and all the congestion in BKK, I do think U-Tapao is an up and coming airport. I would certainly rather fly to Hua Hin if the service was available. I hate the thought of fighting Bangkok traffic to travel there by road, and I'm sure that the 4 hour bus ride can easily double in length under the right (wrong?) conditions.

U tapeo is something of a mystery .we get these regular declarations of his rise to fame but its all wind !its up and down like the whores drawers as to its famed usage which evaporates

We just used U-Tapao for a flight to Chiang Mai. It was fairly well organized and far more convenient than using BKK. They also appear to be constructing a new terminal building.

With that, and the new 331 expansion, and all the congestion in BKK, I do think U-Tapao is an up and coming airport. I would certainly rather fly to Hua Hin if the service was available. I hate the thought of fighting Bangkok traffic to travel there by road, and I'm sure that the 4 hour bus ride can easily double in length under the right (wrong?) conditions.

How did you get to U-Tapoa? What were the choices?

Thanks