After all, Windows 10 Pro ain't that bad and I really love it....

lostinisaan

Sabai Dee Boo?

I know, I've posted various times when i had my self made issues. I thought about the problems I had and have to admit that I tried to run too many programs on a machine that doesn't need them.

I've made around 25 "Upgrades" by now and I find new goodies almost every week.</;:'.

Everything is under control and my son was indirectly helping me to find out how easy it easy to switch the whole operating system from English into a language of your choice.

So, I can basically make a set up for somebody in English, if the person is German, I just download the language pack and switch over.

Two computers had issues were I stopped wasting anymore time and did a "system reset". You can choose and keep all your files, or you reset it and it reloads Windows completely, without being asked for a key.

Okay, I had to put on my MS office 2016, Nitro pro 9, etc... on again, but the validation was already made before and no need for a new key.

For those who would like to do such a "system reset", it's really a piece of cake and similar to a new installation ,and you can keep all your files where they are.

Go to settings-updates and security-then recovery and you'll then have the option to reset the PC/notebook.

It works like a charm and I was really impressed how fast and lovely it works. Thumbs up for Windows 10 pro.

It seems that I've really made a two months crash course and I'm able to do a upgrade while tutoring a student a home.

Got an external with the right programs set up for it and need only 2 hours to get a system back with ALL programs that were on before.

Thanks Bill. thumbsup.gif .

I'm impressed. That's the first post I've seen from you in ages that isn't talking about a f--- up.

biggrin.png

It seems that I switched roles. From an amateur to somebody who ( at least) knows what he's doing. And why. Thanks a for for your always helpful and enlightening posts.

It's actually people like you who "educate" others here on this forum. A big Khop Khun La Lai from deepest Isaan to you. thumbsup.gif

I'm impressed. That's the first post I've seen from you in ages that isn't talking about a f--- up.

biggrin.png

Likewise Chicog clap2.gif

Congrats lostinisaan............finally made it cheesy.gif

Well, but I won't milk Peter. Got it? MIlkman, I think I can dance around you while fixing a machine and teach some Thai kids, while you're still looking for the switch.... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

biggrin.png

biggrin.png Glad you got that in first.

I was going to say that finally one of the worst cases of PBCC i have seen recently seems to have finally successfully resolved itself.

Hats off to you lostinisaan......................wink.png

Oh, PBCC if you didn't know stands for Problem Between Chair & Computer.................tongue.png

at least microsoft will get really bored going through your language issues on their OS; they send data to many IPs from each user thousands of times per day.

Typical TVF knee-jerk, but yes some may unhappy w/ the spying. Can read up about turning SOME of it off. Here's a helpful utility as well from the creators of Spybot; works on Win 7 too.

https://forums.spybot.info/downloads.php?id=55

I put it on a laptop with core I5 570 cup, 4gb of ddr3 dram and loads of space and it was so incredibly slow I reformatted and reinstalled Win7. It was unusable with Win 10.

I've also heard that it spends a lot of time sending telemetry data to upwards of 150 websites during operation which slows it down even further.

I put it on a laptop with core I5 570 cup, 4gb of ddr3 dram and loads of space and it was so incredibly slow I reformatted and reinstalled Win7. It was unusable with Win 10.

I've also heard that it spends a lot of time sending telemetry data to upwards of 150 websites during operation which slows it down even further.

Win 10 is often very clunky after a fresh install, but give it a few days and it usually fine tunes itself. I have noticed it quite often lets an old style hard drive max itself out at 100% which slows things down if your PC only has the one HD. There are ways to prevent this if you want to Google. I think Win 10 is focused more for system drives being SSDs. Edited by JaseTheBass

I think this website gives a nice comparison of Win 10 vs Win 8.1 vs Win 7 Performance: Link. It seems to come out to a dead heat.

But everyone's experience will vary depending on their machine(s) and what apps they use. For me Win 10 seemed to be a "little" faster for the stuff I use a computers for which is pretty basic stuff.

Me Break....Me Fix...Me Learn.

Did a similar thing last week: installed Windows 10, and then found I had no sound.

The internet had dozens of complicated suggestions, but in the end someone suggested it wasn't a Windows problem, it was a HP computer problem.

"uninstalled" the sound cards, re-booted, and 'ooray. Everything worked. Same for Skype.