British mother says my son would have died in Thailand without his girlfriend

webfact

What kind of name is Janjira Swy…sounds more laotian/cambodian to me.

Anyway, she is HOT…..her profile pic on sound cloud has her standing in a bikini in a disco with a shower head above her….at least that's what it looked like.

Maybe she is a DJ.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be lying if I said I could remember the exact price, but it was under $100 Aud. I was stunned. She then took me out the front where I found that someone had collected the bike off the road and brought it to the hospital. I would have loved to have tipped whoever did it for me, but they were long gone.

Now the Thai bashers are going to hate this happy ending, but I was also amazed how cheap it was to fix the bike.

Nice people these Thais.

That was 15 years ago ..... it's different now, different prices for foreigners.

PS

I had 8 stitches in my knee 3 years back, government hospital 250bht (inc injections/bandages/antibiotics).

A pal had 8 stitches in his arm, the same month, but private hospital with foreigner pricing, 4,500bht

What kind of name is Janjira Swysounds more laotian/cambodian to me.

Anyway, she is HOT..her profile pic on sound cloud has her standing in a bikini in a disco with a shower head above her.at least that's what it looked like.

Maybe she is a DJ.

Is this her?

post-233622-0-90508700-1455704197_thumb.

Looks like a nice girl.

As they charge foreigners 10x-15x the Thai rate, I'm guessing 1 paying foreigner would cover the costs of at least 10 foreigners doing a runner.

Only in private hospitals.

Ambulance drivers always take foreigners to private hospitals, they get a 'finders fee'.

All these desperate appeals to pay big bills are always a scam on the foreigner.

Repair work in a government hospital could be paid easily by foreigners.

1.8Mbht in Phuket,

600GBP/night,

You gotta be joking,

I paid 400bht/night in a government hospital general ward inclusive of saline drip/antibiotics.

x-ray 100bht, ultrasound 250bht, blood tests 250bht.

Private room 1,000bht/night extra, if I wanted it.

Ambulance drivers don't "always take foreigners to a private hospital"; I am one who wasn't.

Motorbike accident; the crew treated me a little at the scene then said they would take me to our main government hospital, but I asked to go to another government hospital where I am registered, which they did - no suggestions of a private hospital. In fact we drove past a private hospital en route and there wasn't any sudden swerve in to their entrance!

Two years back a friend slipped and cracked his head badly on the pavement; again the ambulance took him to the main government hospital.

Two years back a friend slipped and cracked his head badly on the pavement; again the ambulance took him to the main government hospital.

In Phuket?

We're talking holiday destinations with 1,000s of tourists to rip off.

Not rural Issan ......... they ain't caught up .... yet!

Edited by MaeJoMTB

So she's single now?

Perhaps they are still an item. In the link it says she is trying to obtain a visa to visit him. I hope the UK is fair when considering her application.
well if it works then ill get the missus to give me a shoeing with her stilettoes cos its the only way id be able to get her a visa

What kind of name is Janjira Swysounds more laotian/cambodian to me.

Anyway, she is HOT..her profile pic on sound cloud has her standing in a bikini in a disco with a shower head above her.at least that's what it looked like.

Maybe she is a DJ.

Dj cleenex for you I reckon 555

I was riding in the back of a tuktuk late night in CM and we came around a bend and I saw an overturned tuktuk with some farangs I recognized standing around and the Thai driver sitting on a curb holding his head. I had never seen so much blood, huge pool on the street. I told my driver to stop and we took him to Chiangmai Ram hospital Casualty door about 1 minute away. I paid the driver and walked away. This all happened in a matter of seconds without me thinking about any reprecussions.

Later the guys told me I was stupid because I could have been unjustly blamed or fleeced somehow for the accident but they were glad I did the right thing.

Farang urban myth.

very true. friend was hit by thai car, drunk driver, no lights on, etc. thai had to pay everything, hospital bills and pal's bike. pal was lucky, had no major injuries, the thai never gave him hard time, just accepted the verdict. thumbsup.gif

Edited by stickylies

Heart warming story. Good job miss Janjira and everyone that donated. I wish Owen a speedy recovery.

It is amazing to see that when we get some positive news that some posters try their absolute best to be snide. You must be missing something in your lives to be so negative.

My friend with the RTP and the corruption plus the face attitude, difficult not to be negative about Thai people.

Even though I have some great Thai friends.

Its good to see a story like this coming out of Thailand.

There are so many negative reports these days that it turns people away
from holidaying here. The Tourism business is down & out and it will
take a long time to recover, if

.[/quote
Good first line...
The rest is hogwash.
Absolute hogwash, arrivals up,up,up on last year, 15%. 30 million coming this year. I think he means his friend who owns his beer bar is suffering a downturn. But never let the facts get in the way
Note also the Thais airlifted the bloke 380 Kim's to hospital and then the Thai doctors saved his life in a three hour surgery. He was lucky to be in Thailand when this occurred. Great people these Thais.

I have a used car, I would like to sell to you...

Yeah, what have you got. I prefer V8s.
I reckon with you working in the "down and out" tourist industry, and with all the road carnage, and the terrible state of the economy, tourist shootings, and all the rest of the doom and gloom" you must be a very desperate seller. I can smell a bargain.
Any chance of throwing in some beer bar stools also if I buy it?

Are you the new public relations- guy for TAT?
With all your "Thais are the best!", "Thailand is the best!" "Everything in Thailand is so great!"

Must be nice, constantly living on cloud 9...and a pink, fluffy one on top!

Cloud nine is a nice place to be. I don't believe you, I believe TAT, and let's look at some independent figures shall we, that support what I am saying, and show you are wrong. I do believe you though that what ever part of the tourist industry you are in is unsuccessful. And before you respond, please look at the source. And feel free to show many any credible source that agrees with you.

Singapore 27 January, 2016 Bangkok has increased its lead over the pack as the regions most popular destination, with international overnight visitors breaking the 20 million mark for the first time, according to the results of the inaugural MasterCard Asia Pacific Destinations Index released today. Second place was a close fight between Singapore and Tokyo[1].

The inaugural index provides a ranking of 167 destinations across Asia Pacific.

Thailand dominated the top ten destinations, taking three of the top ten rankings, with Phuket securing fifth place (9.3 million) and the coastal city of Pattaya coming in at eighth place (8.1 million).

Half of the top 10 destinations saw 10 percent growth or more in international overnight visitor numbers between 2014 and 2015 Osaka (54.0 percent), Tokyo (53.2 percent), Bangkok (28.6 percent), Phuket (15.5 percent) and Pattaya (10.0 percent).

Thailand DOMINATING!!!!!

Great story and outcome, but how can a bloke of 24 have any excuse for not being insured?

(& before the trolls jump on me I'm referring to the probs associated with age or pre existing conditions that apply to us oldies!)

I'm guessing you don't have any children who are in their 20's ?

....and a cute one she is! Food for thought for the poor souls here who, like a broken record - mantra-alike, recite that all Thai girls are so so unbelievably bad...

The only people who say they are bad are the disgusting old men, who pay for sexual services from

a peasant girl who is young enough to be their Granddaughter and then moan that all Thai girls are only after money.

....and a cute one she is! Food for thought for the poor souls here who, like a broken record - mantra-alike, recite that all Thai girls are so so unbelievably bad...

The only people who say they are bad are the disgusting old men, who pay for sexual services from

a peasant girl who is young enough to be their Granddaughter and then moan that all Thai girls are only after money.

I know a few men who have had money screwed off them by affluent Thai ladies, not connected to the bar scene or the likes. In each case, most other people saw it coming, in fact, everyone did except the victims.

I know a few men who have had money screwed off them by affluent Thai ladies, not connected to the bar scene or the likes. In each case, most other people saw it coming, in fact, everyone did except the victims.

says more about the GUYS than the GIRLS. I was born in the 70's and unlike most dinosaurs here I don't believe in fairy tales. If it's too good to be true it's fake. Oh and of course it helped that I started WORLD-traveling at the age of 24, getting a lot of experience. Most Thai people are nice decent folks. The women seem obsessed with money but that is cultural (and not my cup of tea hence I stay clear from them) since most Thai men don't have any idea about managing the family/income/budget.

Great story and outcome, but how can a bloke of 24 have any excuse for not being insured?

(& before the trolls jump on me I'm referring to the probs associated with age or pre existing conditions that apply to us oldies!)

I'm guessing you don't have any children who are in their 20's ?

I'm guessing one or two missed my point and wondered what that funny noise was smile.png

0nn7Q.png

Edited by evadgib

As a teacher, I'm somewhat surprised he wasn't insured through the school.

Perhaps you and "evadgib" should follow the link to the full story. The insurance company flew his mum out to ThAiland which would indicate he did have insurance.

It's funny how stories like this attract those who see themselves as the Knights Of Righteous Indignation, riding to the rescue and defence of all things Thai, and who immediately start ranting about "Thai bashing" even if none has taken place as much as those who refuse to see any good in a story like this.

Edited by Bluespunk

Heart warming story. Good job miss Janjira and everyone that donated. I wish Owen a speedy recovery.

It is amazing to see that when we get some positive news that some posters try their absolute best to be snide. You must be missing something in your lives to be so negative.

ok good he was helped by strangers but he should of had his own help as in a good insurance this boils my blood when I hear people don't give a hoot about being protected with sufficient insurance that will cover them so shame on u jock ??????

" how can a bloke of 24 have any excuse for not being insured?" The nurse that flew out was provided by an insurance company! Is that clear enough or didn't you bother to read the story?