Why Does My Screen Shrink

billd766

Can anybody help me out. On some threads the post is about 80% of the screen width which is how I normally see it, and on others it starts out there and then shrinks to 40% and then down to 20%. I can still read the thread but it narrower and longer.

It is the same on Firefox and on Flock as well.

Another annoying problem I have is that I change pages or threads and I get the message "Firefox cannot find www.Thaivisa or Google or whatever.

:o Do you have any anti-virus software running? I'm using IE6 and have noticed just the same as what you are experiencing. I have Zone Labs Security. Whenever I shut down the ZL, things open fine for me, but when it's running, the pages open fine for a few pages then it starts acting up, just as you mentioned.

:D Do you have any anti-virus software running? I'm using IE6 and have noticed just the same as what you are experiencing. I have Zone Labs Security. Whenever I shut down the ZL, things open fine for me, but when it's running, the pages open fine for a few pages then it starts acting up, just as you mentioned.

Its funny that you should say that as I am running Zonelabs as well.

Perhaps we should drop them an email asking why.

Oddly enough this thread is staying open to its normal width but when I looked at it after I posted it, it shrank again.

Then when I looked for it to edit it was back to normal.

Yes I have had a drink but it was only a Sang Som and coke (twice).

:o

Edited by billd766

I had the same problem for about 6 months, also using ZA. Then suddenly I noticed that it was ok, it's been ok for 3-4 months now.

As far as I know I have not changed anything but there may have been a ZA update about the time it came good again.

Strange thing was that it only affected the Thaivisa forum, all other web pages were ok!!!

I suspect it has to do with the scripts that handle the google ads on the right side of the screen. Sometimes mine will briefly be wide then narrow as the ads populate. Not familiar enough with zone alarm to know how it deals with scripts (they point to locations outside of TV).