Walking Street Sweep Nets 30 Foreigners Without Proper Papers in Pattaya

snoop1130

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 19 February 2016 at 9:06 PM, Briggsy said:

What a crock.

Welcome to Thailand. Please all tourists, come to our overpriced strip of bars and then get pulled down the police station on some pathetic archaic law which even the cops can't agree on.

Remind me why I haven't bothered with Walking Street for the last ten years. Is it the overpricing, the violence, the overcrowding, the lack of fire exits, the stiletto-wielding transvestites or the ridiculous hassle from the police. I can't decide which it is.

Well I assure you it was not the stilleto wielding transavestites, as aoon a the itching stops I am back down there. Lol

On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 2:25 PM, AZBill said:

Good! If they don't have a passport you got to wonder why!

No you don't have to wonder why! It's common sense not to carry a passport unless you are travelling across an international order. It's good practice to not to take your passport out at night if you are drinking. It's a good habit to leave your passport- your  unneeded bank cards and excessive amounts of cash at home when going out for a night on the town. It's unclear if you are just a very inexperiencrd traveller or a troll.

On 19/02/2016 at 1:25 PM, AZBill said:

Good! If they don't have a passport you got to wonder why!

My advice is always don't: carry your passport, wear an expensive watch or jewelry or designer sunglasses, carry a wallet; just money-clip with small denomination notes! etc

how about checking all those russian girls handing out fliers and being pests.  They got work permits or proper visas?  How about those foreign european dancers? What possible permit or visa could they have?  The usual condition of a permit is to do something special or unique or needed and helpful to Thailand.  Not seeing it in them

On 2/19/2016 at 5:49 AM, andre47 said:

"Deputy Commander Voravat also said that for expats living here, a Thai driving license or photocopy of your passport can be used as a form of identification."

I think that everybody must be able to proof his identity in some kind. I have a copy of my passport and visa all the time. Just a photo on my smartphone.

i keep a color photocopy on me also.  Even if one isn't concerned about police checks, that copy can save you a lot of trouble if your real passport gets lost or stolen. And as an added backup, you should photocopy and send/email yourself a copy, so that you can get to it even if all your stuff is lost or stolen.  Put a basic file level password on it to keep the honest honest.  Use Word, or Adobe PDF, to store it.  Put in a few other important documents also as needed or desired.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2016 at 9:06 PM, Briggsy said:

What a crock.

Welcome to Thailand. Please all tourists, come to our overpriced strip of bars and then get pulled down the police station on some pathetic archaic law which even the cops can't agree on.

Remind me why I haven't bothered with Walking Street for the last ten years. Is it the overpricing, the violence, the overcrowding, the lack of fire exits, the stiletto-wielding transvestites or the ridiculous hassle from the police. I can't decide which it is.

over  all of those my  personal favourite would be the "hordes" of Chinese with their   flag waving leaders which are now smothering the place.

56 minutes ago, kannot said:

over  all of those my  personal favourite would be the "hordes" of Chinese with their   flag waving leaders which are now smothering the place.

Is that right? As I said, I really haven't been down there in years.

What is the attraction for the Chinese? I am assuming it is the live seafood restaurants. They can't get enough of the crabs and crayfish. Other than that, it must be gawping.

Don't mention crabs and Walking Street in the same breath. :P