“Zombie” Russians cause havoc at Jomtien Beach Restaurant

rooster59

Imagine if this was your business... Business owners are stressed enough in Pattaya. People seemingly being attacked isnt what you want nor need. Walking Dead would have came to mind and there would have been dead zombies if in my establishment.

Big C and the rest do not seem to mind.

Their stores are full of zombies and they are paid .

Always nice to read another big key board warrior and his capabilities.giggle.gif

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not wound up tight at all- I like a good joke- but these people are not funny nor was the video of someone dressed as an Arab pretending to throw a bomb. Would it have been funny if someone was injured or had a heart attack. I'll tell you what is funny- watching 3 idiots pretend to be Zombies and get the crap beaten out of them. I'm still laughing thinking about it......

I am not wound up tight at all- I like a good joke- but these people are not funny nor was the video of someone dressed as an Arab pretending to throw a bomb. Would it have been funny if someone was injured or had a heart attack. I'll tell you what is funny- watching 3 idiots pretend to be Zombies and get the crap beaten out of them. I'm still laughing thinking about it......

So you think someone dressed as an Arab throwing a bomb is the same as 20 year old CLEARLY acting out to be a zombie the same thing?

Now, that would be really sad indeed

No, I don't think it is the same thing. Anyone dressed as an Arab and pretending to throw a bomb should be arrested and prosecuted and most likely given a jail sentence. Where is the humor in scaring people to the point they could be inured or die from fright? The guys pretending to be Zombies should be arrested, fined and ordered to compensate the owner for lost business. However, if the owner or others decided to hand out some street justice to the Zombies I sure as hell would not protest. People these days do not want to take responsibility for their actions. When you mess with fire- don't be upset when you get burned If people can not discern what is right and wrong - and they try and bring chaos into someone else's life- they deserve the result. In all of the years I have been in Thailand- I have never seen a Thai person do what these people did. Thais dot not think well of foreigners and this is a perfect example of why that is.I am tired of having to make excuses to my Thai friends and family on why Western people do not respect Thailand's traditions and act out constantly in ways which are offensive.

These guys are obviously very new to Thailand.

Or just young. Our retirement home here in Pattaya full of grumpy guys in their seventies have forgotton what it was like to be 25. Whatever the topic, they call out for arrest, jail term, vengines of some kind.

What was the damage to this restaurant? 200 baht maybe? Laugh it off and, it's healthy to laugh.

My last comment on this- yes I remember what it was to be 25 years old. I did stupid things all the time but none of us caused someones business to lose money- Maybe 200, 400 or 1,000 Baht is chump change to you and if it was in the Us- I might let it pass- but this is Thailand. Most Thai people do not have the resources we have in the West. In Bangkok, the minimum daily wage is 300 baht so a loss of even 200 Baht is almost a day's wages. The problem between what some people think is funny and some do not has nothing to do with senior citizens criticizing people because they are young. There is such a thing as proper decorum and respect for a country one is visiting. It doesn't matter how old you are. If the posters cannot see the fact that what happened was wrong, not funny and disrespectful- then maybe they need to get their priorities in order. Thailand isn't all fun and games for the Thai population who live and work here and try and survive. Do I want them jailed- no. I would suggest compensation to the business owner and the staff.

Your are aware that there is a difference between a terrorist and a Zombie, aren't you?

Or just young. Our retirement home here in Pattaya full of grumpy guys in their seventies have forgotton what it was like to be 25. Whatever the topic, they call out for arrest, jail term, vengines of some kind.

What was the damage to this restaurant? 200 baht maybe? Laugh it off and, it's healthy to laugh.

How can you put a figure on revenue for lost customers. ?

Young people can do this stuff in bars all day long, no problem.

May get a big slap if its a go-go bar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doing it in a restaurant, No, Slap was well in order.

Funny geriatric comments. coffee1.gif

Edited by onemorechang

The Usual, low grade Russian Tourist behaviour,

we see now days on many soi's in Jomtien. coffee1.gif

I think low quality tourist come from the whole world not just Russia

Ha.

Was talking about Jomtien, you show your lack of knowledge

of Jomtien, we only had one other nationality, that did stupid things here on mass for years, i wont say who, clue is !!!!!

( soi white house ).

But we have low grade Russians now as well. bah.gif

Was the guy in the white shirt blue shorts the only real Thai in the restaurant ? Why did no one else punch the <deleted> out of those idiots.

" Why did no one else punch the <deleted> out of those idiots.". Glad I don't know you. Violence is always the answer in some quarters and those that advocate it, seem to receive sooner-than-later.

Bloody Ruskie nutters. Anywhere else in the sane world they would have been charged with affray, or being a public nuisance. Anywhere else in the sane world the proprietor of the restaurant would have demanded action against these idiots for loss of business, and had the right to do so.

The fall of the Ruble ? Please hurry.

Have you never seen a prank TV show? These things do go on in other parts of the world, and guess what, they do not get charged with affray and they do not get sued, do you know why? It's because most people can see the funny side of comedy. Never mind mate.

Guess I just don't like these people. I recently had a family dinner at a seafood restaurant in Jomtien completely stuffed up by a group of drunken filthy Chinese men. Not only ruined our night but dozens of others, mostly Thai. We had planned that night for a while. Thais now have a very grubby view on falang now, and just remember MOST Thai don't work in bars so I not talking about that side of the populace. My parents in law came done from up country and were aghast at the behavior they saw regarding the Chinese. There was no comedy here.

This crap with these Ruskies doesn't help. But how can that concern you, you don't live in Thailand, nor would I think you have ever been here. Your attitude for an expat living in Thailand is all wrong. Expats living in Thailand (except Russians ie) try to blend in. How many people had their night ruined because of these Russian half-wits. I cant see the comedy here either. But I'm sure that you would never mind either.

Every now and then Russians can be pretty damn funny. That was hilarious. I loved where the Thais hold up chairs to protect themselves from the Zombies. I just loved it...maybe I can express it in a song...

Edited by mesquite

No, I don't think it is the same thing. Anyone dressed as an Arab and pretending to throw a bomb should be arrested and prosecuted and most likely given a jail sentence. Where is the humor in scaring people to the point they could be inured or die from fright? The guys pretending to be Zombies should be arrested, fined and ordered to compensate the owner for lost business. However, if the owner or others decided to hand out some street justice to the Zombies I sure as hell would not protest. People these days do not want to take responsibility for their actions. When you mess with fire- don't be upset when you get burned If people can not discern what is right and wrong - and they try and bring chaos into someone else's life- they deserve the result. In all of the years I have been in Thailand- I have never seen a Thai person do what these people did. Thais dot not think well of foreigners and this is a perfect example of why that is.I am tired of having to make excuses to my Thai friends and family on why Western people do not respect Thailand's traditions and act out constantly in ways which are offensive.

If someone thinks zombies are real and get scared or suffer a hear attack , they have some serious mental issues.

Thailand traditions ?ok plesse list some.....

Shooting someone over a 30 baht chicken sauce

Stabbing someone over 200 baht unpaid bill

Cheating on your spouse

Stabbing, shooting, poisoning bf/gf out of jealousy

Killing uncle /aunt over few thousand baht

Lying, scapegoating and cheating to make a few baht

Will let you continue with the list

Was the guy in the white shirt blue shorts the only real Thai in the restaurant ? Why did no one else punch the <deleted> out of those idiots.

" Why did no one else punch the <deleted> out of those idiots.". Glad I don't know you. Violence is always the answer in some quarters and those that advocate it, seem to receive sooner-than-later.

Seriously! this is not a prank, wake up people.

a prank is something you do to your good friends. And laugh about after....

If some stranger tried to do this to me, i surely would both punch and kick their lights out. Purely in self defense........

wai2.gif

Edited by torpedo1970

Bloody Ruskie nutters. Anywhere else in the sane world they would have been charged with affray, or being a public nuisance. Anywhere else in the sane world the proprietor of the restaurant would have demanded action against these idiots for loss of business, and had the right to do so.

The fall of the Ruble ? Please hurry.

Have you never seen a prank TV show? These things do go on in other parts of the world, and guess what, they do not get charged with affray and they do not get sued, do you know why? It's because most people can see the funny side of comedy. Never mind mate.

Guess I just don't like these people. I recently had a family dinner at a seafood restaurant in Jomtien completely stuffed up by a group of drunken filthy Chinese men. Not only ruined our night but dozens of others, mostly Thai. We had planned that night for a while. Thais now have a very grubby view on falang now, and just remember MOST Thai don't work in bars so I not talking about that side of the populace. My parents in law came done from up country and were aghast at the behavior they saw regarding the Chinese. There was no comedy here.

This crap with these Ruskies doesn't help. But how can that concern you, you don't live in Thailand, nor would I think you have ever been here. Your attitude for an expat living in Thailand is all wrong. Expats living in Thailand (except Russians ie) try to blend in. How many people had their night ruined because of these Russian half-wits. I cant see the comedy here either. But I'm sure that you would never mind either.

1. Since when Chinese became farangs?

2. Since when folks from " upcountry " developed any social skills

3. You have no idea what Thai think, you only state what your inlaws from "upcountry" may have shared with you and their opinion about foreigners may have been formed when they met you not when they came to restaurant which they would never visit otherwise .

If someone tried to do this to me, i surely would both punch and kick their lights out. Purely in self defense........

wai2.gif

And if in reality they turn out to be taller and bigger then you would write you are too smart to get into a fight and run away hiding?

If someone tried to do this to me, i surely would both punch and kick their lights out. Purely in self defense........

wai2.gif

And if in reality they turn out to be taller and bigger then you would write you are too smart to get into a fight and run away hiding?

Nah, out of experience, the bigger and taller they are, the higher and harder they fall......

Nothing to do about size, it is all about the tools you use and how you use them.

And those chairs looked like a pretty good tool... coffee1.gif