Which has better tv, tmn or sophon cable?

crickets

From what I have read on this forum over the years I get the impression that TMN is seen as the best of the two. I have TMN which is OK from a limited point of view but you get what you pay for

I make up for any loss with a Minix TV streaming box which does ok working on my 3BB 10 meg internet ( except for around 5 0 p for an hour and a half when the kids come home from school and hammer the broadband)

I have 3 (home cable - garbage, True - (silver package which I got for the internet and it came with that) - great if you're Thai but garbage for a farang, TeeVee which is good (one off payment for the device and no ongoing payments - a Raspberry Pi so has other uses) although complicated and seriously flawed with download options when streaming). A friend came around the other day and put her Netflix account details into my spare laptop which is GBP 5.99 a month and I'm seriously impressed with it if you're looking to watch movies or TV shows. It may not be your cup of tea if you want live sports, but for anything else I'm so impressed with it I can't sell the idea enough to do it justice. I'm in and will be subscribing. Now I understand why Blockbuster failed in its business model. It really is that good.

Edited by Shiver

My Opionion is having had Sophon and upgrading to HD box I felt it lacked content. I went with the best option commercially available and that is. True Gold Package.

I also purchased the Hard drive so I can record and store over 200 hours of HDTV. Considering it less than 50 US Dollars a month no better HDTV package availabile in Thailand.

Netflix has limited content and no live TV.

I've had Sophon until two years ago when we moved and now have TMN.You get what you pay for and neither are expensive equally I have no choice because the condo buildings have a chosen provider. Films about the same but English Premier League better on TMN on Saturdays, Siphon WAS v poor when I last had it. I also supplement with MINIX box and torrent downloads to a memory stick.

What does TMN stand for? True move network?

Perhaps, although their office/depot is on the "Darkside" and there is no indication of it being anything to do with TRUE in the office, on the trucks or their website.

There is also an office at the top of Pattaya Klang/Sukhumuvit however whenever I go there it is closed.

Now do not ask how or why but I have 2 tmn in 2 different locations .

One location tmn has fox movies and sports.

No idea why, channels are not listed on their channel guide , yet I get it.

TMN still have analogue and digital feeds.

Schedule is here

http://tmncabletv.com/?page-sl=channel

I am aware however Fox movies is not on either of them, yet i get it at one location

Have to renew my cable. Any opinions?

Usually cable is locked into your location, ie: if you are in TMN serviced area you can get them, if in Sophon serviced area then them, never heard of a choice between the two in the same location

Satellite is available everywhere so long as you have line of sight to the satellite

Usually cable is locked into your location, ie: if you are in TMN serviced area you can get them, if in Sophon serviced area then them, never heard of a choice between the two in the same location

Satellite is available everywhere so long as you have line of sight to the satellite

Things changed . It is now a choice. If Sophon already there, can switch to TMN and vice versa. Same with Internet from either of the 2.

I have TMN cable but Sophon internet, running on the same cable

Things changed . It is now a choice. If Sophon already there, can switch to TMN and vice versa. Same with Internet from either of the 2.

Thanks for the update

Are the two companies related ? Remember the old days when TT&T was advertised as a "sister" company of TOT

Thanks for the update

Are the two companies related ? Remember the old days when TT&T was advertised as a "sister" company of TOT

You missed my earlier post :)

TMN is the daughter of Sophon

• 7 months later...

Unless money is a real issue Truevisions Gold is the best option IMO for quality/content. 50 baht a day is not that much. Also i really value the PVR which comes with it, makes viewing/recording TV so easy. No other option i am aware of to record programmes.

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know if the TMN offers more HD channels than their basic package?  Their PDF online seems to only list a small handful of HD channels.  I heard a rumour about a box that can be bought to give more channels, but could not confirm if those were HD or not.

5 hours ago, JayBird said:

Does anyone know if the TMN offers more HD channels than their basic package?  Their PDF online seems to only list a small handful of HD channels.  I heard a rumour about a box that can be bought to give more channels, but could not confirm if those were HD or not.

Yes and Yes.

2 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Yes and Yes.

If you have a newer, HD ready television, there's no need for a box.

Note that most of their HD channels are local ones. If the international channel isn't being distributed in HD, it can't be HD.

Edited by NanLaew