Same old shennanigans

Went for the second extension of stay a few days ago, after last years fiasco of mis information we went in on Monday, spoke to officer Wife wrote down all details and went back the next day to be told.... it was wrong..............this time the BS was the photo outside of our house with us standing outside it , had a nameplate which was just printed on paper and then wrapped in clear plastic...well this wasnt good enough the officer said ( even though the same photo was used last year with no comment) we could have made the sign oursellves. she said ........well WE DID... to show the postman the address and what difference does the freakin sign make anyway as to whether we are really married or not............we have the yellow and blue book with our names in!!

Also told Monday take the photos in a one colour T shirt then change to another colour for the two pics of each............... next day this was not necessary and we didnt have enough photos now as half of them were in another colour t shirt and they wanted two of each in the same colour not two colours

They seem to get more ridiculous each time we go despite checking thoroughly the day before

Just to squash any stories they also never came out to check for the first extension that we really live together as its " too far" ( their words) for them to come ie 25-30km from Hua Hin

Oh yes they DONT accept the photos printed "one per A4 page" either it "MUST" be 2 per A4 sheet.................... crazy as usual.

Last year was told the bed was not fully shown in one photo ie 6 inches missing off the corner of the bed.

I suppose at least this year it was only 2 visits not 5 due to their mis information.

They really need a printed sheet with checkbox showing EVERYTHING on it, oh yes they have one but its missing a lot of info.

Edited by kannot
  • Like 1

Wow..... what an ordeal... why are they breakin your balls here, do you think? Dislike, bias, because they can...show of importance, making you jump extra hoops, you forgot to bring in fruit?

When does this crew rotate out?

The behavior I roll my eye over, and try to keep it in check is this one..

Maybe you have seen it....

Thebah.gif super efficient male immigration officer..

While he is processing your paper work, he can answer the department phone, his cell phone, advise his colleagues on their duties, can say hi to the kanom seller, and anyone walking by... then forget what page he started your paper work and then proceeds to start from the beginning again to be sure.. then the same silly show of efficiency is demonstrated repeatedly. This is for paperwork that takes 20 minutes then stretches out for an hour and half. Certainly this is a worker of great importance and he is letting you know he is DA man.

What we do to stay here...

Cheers mate

• Like 1

One seeming misconception - the photos are not intended to prove you are "married or not" - the marriage certificate and legal paperwork proves that. It is intended to show you are indeed living together as man and wife at the time of application and eligible for extension of stay. Thus the reason for new photos and perhaps why the year old photo with paper sign was not accepted a second time.

I think you misunderstand the photo was not a year old it was a new photo taken the very day we went exactly like the one we did last year, I guess the point is why the hell dont they let us know "exactly" whats required so we can at least attempt to comply. Its just a lottery now as we went the day before and wrote it ALL down thoroughly and even pointed out the officer who told us this to the one who was now dealing with us.

This year was easier than last which was a PIA.

In fact we dont live together at all, my Wife comes down here (Pranburi) maybe 1-2 times a month as she has to work in BKK but Im retired....doesnt mean we arent a couple though

Wow..... what an ordeal... why are they breakin your balls here, do you think? Dislike, bias, because they can...show of importance, making you jump extra hoops, you forgot to bring in fruit?

While he is processing your paper work, he can answer the department phone, his cell phone, advise his colleagues on their duties, can say hi to the kanom seller, and anyone walking by... then forget what page he started your paper work and then proceeds to start from the beginning again to be sure.. then the same silly show of efficiency is demonstrated repeatedly. This is for paperwork that takes 20 minutes then stretches out for an hour and half. Certainly this is a worker of great importance and he is letting you know he is DA man.

Cheers mate

It was a woman, last year was much worse with the "type" you mentioned.

One seeming misconception - the photos are not intended to prove you are "married or not" - the marriage certificate and legal paperwork proves that. It is intended to show you are indeed living together as man and wife at the time of application and eligible for extension of stay. Thus the reason for new photos and perhaps why the year old photo with paper sign was not accepted a second time.

I think you misunderstand the photo was not a year old it was a new photo taken the very day we went exactly like the one we did last year, I guess the point is why the hell dont they let us know "exactly" whats required so we can at least attempt to comply. Its just a lottery now as we went the day before and wrote it ALL down thoroughly and even pointed out the officer who told us this to the one who was now dealing with us.

In fact we dont live together at all, my Wife comes down here (Pranburi) maybe 1-2 times a month as she has to work in BKK but Im retired....doesnt mean we arent a couple though

But the requirement for extension of stay is that you are living together in that home as man and wife. If over age 50 it might be worth considering extension for retirement if you can manage the financials - that would likely make it a lot easier; especially when not living the traditional together full time.

But the requirement for extension of stay is that you are living together in that home as man and wife. If over age 50 it might be worth considering extension for retirement if you can manage the financials - that would likely make it a lot easier; especially when not living the traditional together full time.

Crazy!! married 10 years, dont want to tie up 800k for retirement which I could easily do but always plan for the worst and to "get out" fast if necessary................I go up to BKK every 2 weeks and I stay with her for 2-3 days also her Tabien Baan is for BKK mine for down here.

Was curious if perhaps your wife's family is involved in local politics? Have you ever asked her if there is some problem?

TH

Her family is not involved she has little to do with them she regards them all as rural lazy scroungers from what i can tell, always asking to borrow money to which she replies she has to ask me and of course nasty blackheart Flang always says no.

They are from Issan, Im at Pranburi shes in BKK although i do think her Brother who is a lazy git was made head of village recently up there as no one else wanted the job...........some r'esum'e eh!!

Cheers mate

It was a woman, last year was much worse with the "type" you mentioned.

Did you wear a Chang T-shirt with matching flip flops.....whistling.gif .............laugh.png

of course as id just been out fixing the roads as usualthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Crazy!! married 10 years, dont want to tie up 800k

Was trying to provide an alternate legal extension option - most have a pension that can off-set some of the bank money and even if all required it is only for 3 months tied up. But might be regarded as emergency expense fund (for medical or such).

her Tabien Baan is for BKK mine for down here

Expect that is a red flag.

• Like 2

Was curious if perhaps your wife's family is involved in local politics? Have you ever asked her if there is some problem?

TH

Her family is not involved she has little to do with them she regards them all as rural lazy scroungers from what i can tell, always asking to borrow money to which she replies she has to ask me and of course nasty blackheart Flang always says no.

They are from Issan, Im at Pranburi shes in BKK although i do think her Brother who is a lazy git was made head of village recently up there as no one else wanted the job...........some r'esum'e eh!!

So you're not living together then?

TH

So what.......?

So what.......?

He is going for a marriage visa that requires them to live together when they are not and then is complaining about immigration giving him a hard time about his bogus proof.

TH

So what, she works out of town...He knows she must be together with the guy for an extension...For an O out of LOS just needs paperwork..

• Like 2

TH

Waiting for you to show up, she comes here twice a month 3-4 days I go there twice a month 3-4 days I have no desire to live in BKK she cannot make the money she makes in BKK here in Pranburi, so youre telling me we must be side by side 24/7 how about if I go to the Uk for 3 months to see my Mother? must she come with me?

So tell me is the rule we must be at each others side in the same house day and night 24/7? how about the 4 condos we have in BKK 2 in each name .....pretty easy to see we are man and wife imo. We have no kids although there is talk and any kids would stay with me on the land whilst she keeps working.

• Like 2

Op looks to be applying for an extension of stay he does not qualify for.

No wonder they are suspicious. Good for them.

(3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto:

ballcocks!!

• Like 2

She would not be registered as living apart - at present she is - she should change her home register to that of her husband if that is where extension is expected to be registered.

Did it the same way last year no problem apart form idiotic bed photos amongst other things. I used to have a tabien baan in Bangkok on one of the condos but sold that one a while back and I believe??? you cant have your name in 2 house books so she has one of our condos in BKK in her name I have the house here in mine.

She would not be registered as living apart - at present she is - she should change her home register to that of her husband if that is where extension is expected to be registered.

Did it the same way last year no problem apart form idiotic bed photos amongst other things. I used to have a tabien baan in Bangkok on one of the condos but sold that one a while back and I believe??? you cant have your name in 2 house books so she has one of our condos in BKK in her name I have the house here in mine.

You have your name in a Tabian Baan --------------Really ?

They have to be living together as Man and Wife.

Not see each other once or twice a month.

Exactly how many days per month do they need to stay together? Please sit the law pertaining this? I work abroad and and gone for months at a time. You have absolutely no clue

I have every clue.

I posted the official law in my earlier post.

I could not care less what he does but don't start moaning when the authorities start making things tough.

Crazy!! married 10 years, dont want to tie up 800k for retirement which I could easily do but always plan for the worst and to "get out" fast if necessary................

So what's the problem with getting an Embassy letter confirming monthly income equal to at least 65,000 THB instead for a retirement extension then? You can still do a bunk if things go pear-shaped without losing a fortune this way!

You have your name in a Tabian Baan --------------Really ?

Yellow book