British backpacker Grace Taylor missing in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just another twit who thinks she can come over to southeast asia alone singing cum ba ya with a back pack and everything will be alright! no sympathy here! these idiots NEVER learn!this happens every year! you people are coming over to a land that will cut your throat on a whim! and take all your pitiful belongings as well!

The empathy you're displaying is a shining beacon to the rest of humanity!

From her Mothers FB Page (Or family member, at least):

STILL MISSING. Grace contacted us at 11am today from Ao Nang, she was very stressed and frightened saying that people were trying to hurt her and were following her and she wanted to come home. We calmed her down and booked her a flight from Krabi tonight but she never arrived at the airport by taxi and has gone missing again.

This sounds EXACTLY the same as that other young British twit who scared the hell out of his family... turns out he was just out of it on drugs and didn't want to come home.

Coincidence?

Let's hope so eh !!!!

I'm confused for months now immigration, police have been checking ID's, place of stay and she has been here 5 days. Did she stay at least 2-3 in a room someplace. Did not the landlord file, I've sat in my local bar in ISSAN and they came in 5 times in one month, checking 60's year old dudes. So, police can't build a trail, oh! it must be a jumper who doesn't move or bike accidents that happen in front of the police box before clues are found or made.

But, 100 police on a good tip can find and raid seniors playing bridge.

Excuse me, but why do single woman come to a third world country and think you can mingle, backpack and wonder the countryside safety by yourself without using common sense. Hopefully, she's fine and did partying away from mom and dad (21),

Monday 21:55 GMT

We are flying out tonight to come and bring her home.

Above qoute from face book > https://www.facebook.com/groups/YouKnowYouveLivedinThailandwhen/permalink/890088247778827/?comment_id=890328934421425&comment_tracking={%22tn%22%3A%22R2%22}

So the family are on the way to Thailand...

I wonder if any forum members in Krabi would be able to help the arriving family ?

Fears for 'disorientated' British backpacker missing in Thailand
By Chiara Palazzo

In most recent phone call to her family, Grace Taylor said "people were trying to hurt her and were following her"

LONDON: -- The mother of a British backpacker who has gone missing in Thailand has appealed to the backpacking community in the hope of locating her young daughter.

21-year-old Grace Taylor, from Swanage, was travelling alone in Thailand when she went missing last week.

After no contact for six days, she made a panicked telephone call to her parents on Monday.

The 21-year-old was calling from Krabi, near Phuket, and she told her mother that "people were trying to hurt her and were following her".

Full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/12169471/Fears-for-disorientated-British-backpacker-missing-in-Thailand.html

-- The Telegraph 2016-02-23

She needs to contact her family immediately, but maybe she is on drugs and is sleeping and getting a tattoo.

Her parents need to give her good talking to about responsibility .....

If someone is following her she should just meet up with a group and make new friends, then she will be safer.

What I don't get is why people are stupid enough to let their kids come backpacking in this hovel in the 1st place..... Helllloooo read a newspaper or is there world wide media ban on reporting about Thailand's death toll of forieners?....

People travel the world at all young ages...it's called adventure.

I just hope everything' ok for this young lady!

I hope she is safe and sound.

On a side note The British newspapers seem to be constantly reporting negative news from Thailand.

I wonder how many Brits are put off coming here with all that negativity.

I am an adventurer. The more negative the reviews are, the faster I wanted to come. Here I am, 15 years later and love reading the reviews! w00t.gif

Wow!Can I have your autograph?

Why oh why do young people think there bullet proof....Especially in the current climate in Thailand where either the incidents have escalated or just we are all hearing about them more often I don't know but nobody, and I repeat nobody should be traveling alone to Thailand. There's been enough red flags for a few years now and while I'm all for young people doing what young people do and taking year out etc and using it for seeing the world it can't be that hard to hook up with others and look after each other. The,it's not going to happen to me attitude is not a good one.. Hope and pray this ends up okay and the family meet up with her very shortly after arriving.

What I don't get is why people are stupid enough to let their kids come backpacking in this hovel in the 1st place..... Helllloooo read a newspaper or is there world wide media ban on reporting about Thailand's death toll of forieners?....

Let me asure you a trip to Thailand is a dam sight safer than 2 weeks in Ibiza of for that matter a night out in Manchester of any other British City.

If the parents are reading this thread. Some of the previous posts will not help them.

Many of the missing cases here just turn out that the young person is fine and didn't want to be contacted for a while. I hope this is the case.

The flight she was booked on if NOK air many have been cancelled. Perhaps she did turn up and couldn't fly. Just a thought.

"What I don't get is why people are stupid enough to let their kids come backpacking in this hovel in the 1st place.."

You sound a bit miffed. Did you have a bad experience here in Thailand? Would you recommend young travelers head for more safe and sanitary places like Somalia,Nigeria, Afghanistan, Syria, Ethiopia or Pakistan?

However reading headlines like this, http://thenewdaily.com.au/life/2014/11/06/thailand-our-most-deadly-holiday-destination/

maybe more people should consider just what they are getting into.