How Long Is The Proof Of Income Letter Valid For?

Hi All

Hopefully someone assist please?

1. How Long is the 'Proof of Income Letter' from the British Embassy valid for please as I need to make the One year extension in Hua Hin showing income per month? Obviously I do not want to get it too early!

2. My current Non Immigration O Multiple entry expires on the 21st April 2016. I arrive in BKK on the 19th April and will get another 90 days entry.

Do I have to make the one year extension before the 21st April or can it be in July when the 90 days is up - Confused Very!

As always Thanking in advance!

Are you married to a Thai and seeking a 12 month extension of stay ?

If so you will need 400,000 in a Thai Bank for 2 months or a certified monthly income of 40K

You can apply during the last 30 days of your 90 day stay.

A Proof of Income letter is valid for six months.

Are you married to a Thai and seeking a 12 month extension of stay ?

If so you will need 400,000 in a Thai Bank for 2 months or a certified monthly income of 40K

You can apply during the last 30 days of your 90 day stay.

A Proof of Income letter is valid for six months.

Hi SunnyJim

Not married to a Thai - Single guy 55.

Pension letter showing income more than 65, 000B to get the proof of income letter.

Seem to be a lot of conflicting reports concerning the validity of these letters from 30 days to 6 months - Must be a few months!

Thanks for the response!

You can obtain a proof of income letter with any amount of income !

Best of luck with the retirement extension.

As a matter of interest where did you get the multiple entry "O" visa and on what basis ?

Hi SunnyJim

Multiple O from Cardiff based on 65k pension monthly income but no longer available hence the reason for the extension.

As always constant change!

Cheers

Offices can and do vary, technically it may be be up to 6 months, in reality its another story. ASK the office you have to deal with what they want, as there is little if any chance offices are the same throughout Thailand.

This directive states it is 6 months and most offices go by it. Immigration directive for income letters.pdf

• Like 1

In Loei only good for 1 month, so best to ask your local office, they all make up their own rules.

I have read that about Loei. But they are one of the few offices that have that requirement.

1 month also in Jomtien.

Is that from personal experience or is it just what you heard from somebody. I think Jomtien uses the written rule.

• Like 1

In Loei only good for 1 month, so best to ask your local office, they all make up their own rules.

I have read that about Loei. But they are one of the few offices that have that requirement.

1 month also in Jomtien.

Is that from personal experience or is it just what you heard from somebody. I think Jomtien uses the written rule.

I believe it was from someone posting here. Maybe someone could verify on their next visit? My friend got an instruction sheet from them, but does not specify length of time.

1 month also in Jomtien.

I believe it was from someone posting here. Maybe someone could verify on their next visit? My friend got an instruction sheet from them, but does not specify length of time.

I am due to apply for a retirement extension in Jomtien in about six weeks time (a month before the current expiry date) and received my income letter from the UK embassy about a month back. Usually I leave things to the last minute - maybe I should revert to typesmile.png

Will be rather unhappy if am told by the immigration guys that it is out of date. Have downloaded the official instruction so will take a copy with me just in case - although unlikely to sway the argument if the office views it differently.

Anyone with recent experience?

I am due to apply for a retirement extension in Jomtien in about six weeks time (a month before the current expiry date) and received my income letter from the UK embassy about a month back. Usually I leave things to the last minute - maybe I should revert to type:)

Will be rather unhappy if am told by the immigration guys that it is out of date. Have downloaded the official instruction so will take a copy with me just in case - although unlikely to sway the argument if the office views it differently.

Anyone with recent experience?

This from the Pattaya City Expats Club checklist dated last month. I can assure if there was a change they would know about it.

"b. IF you are using monthly income in total or in part to meet the financial requirements, an original “Embassy Letter” from your country’s embassy attesting to your monthly income. The letter should not be more than 6 months old. (Thai Immigration will use the exchange rate in effect on the date of application to convert the monthly income into Baht)."

Source: http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/retirementvisachecklist.pdf

• Like 2

Hi Guys

As always Thanks for the Feedback always helpful.

Just tried ringing Hua Hin Immigration on 032 - 653617 and 032 522 656 No response but hey no problem!

Unless I hear otherwise will work on the 30 days deadline.

Cheers

Hi Guys

Just tried ringing Hua Hin Immigration on 032 - 653617 and 032 522 656 No response but hey no problem!

Cheers

Since you will apply for the income letter by post from the UK embassy you can wait to get it a few weeks before plan on applying for the extension. See here for info: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Hi Guys

Cheers

Since you will apply for the income letter by post from the UK embassy you can wait to get it a few weeks before plan on applying for the extension. See here for info: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Thanks for the Link Ubonjoe - All saved - Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...