Japanese man arrested in Chiang Mai for gun possession, Yakuza links

webfact

Japanese Man Arrested For Gun Possession, Yakuza Links
by CityNews

j.jpg

CityNews – A Japanese national was arrested in his house in The Grand Village, Nong Hoi, for possession of a firearm and bullets without a licence.

Police, armed with a search warrant from the Chiang Mai Provincial Court, raided the house of a 34-year-old Japanese man (name withheld) and seized three guns and bullets.

Police were brought to attention of the man after locals reported a man was often seen walking around the area with guns.

According to investigations, the man was renovating his house to become a tour office. While he was renovating, he had hired two Thai men as personal body guards.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/japanese-man-arrested-for-gun-possession-yakuza-links/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-02-25

Just trying to protect himself in lawless Thailand

Give it a rest.

Yeah, give it a rest.

In my 30+ years here I never remember so many farangs killing themselves and others.

The Japanese gangsters have always been here , but usually kept a low profile with their strictly segregated clubs in Soi Thaniya [Little Tokyo], Patpong, and elsewhere.

That may be changing. If so, it's bad news for all of us for a number of different reasons.

I am going with mentally unstable and watched too many Japanese gangster movies.

When they post the appropriate pictures, tats neck to ankle, guns, bullets, pointing

police officers, then I will re-assess. tongue.png

I followed the advice of my Thai friends and keep mine in a buscuit tin in a hole in the back yard, or thereabouts.

Keeps Mr. Plod from being nervous yet gives me the edge if I need it.

:lol:

You're funny! Make sure you grab the gun and not a Cream Cracker!!!!!

Edited by roo860

Be careful... In the 2 minutes I had the City News web page open, I got 12 very severe attacks by trojan horse viruses.

SWF_c

Rank this week: Nº 85
Websites affected: 145
Users affected: 1,000,000 - 5,000,000
Affected Operating Systems: All Windows OS

It was the worst attack I've ever had and brought my computer to a standstill. I could not access any programs or re-start the computer, having to do a hard reboot that took 5 minutes to restart.