Math teacher under investigation for slapping schoolgirls in Pathum Thani

webfact

Violence towards students is never acceptable, period. School should be a place students are eager to go to, not fearful of getting slapped and physically abused. If students not learning, teacher needs to adapt methods so they will learn.

I taught emotionally disturbed students in USA. One jammed a pencil in the back of my hand (not a pleasant experience). I excused myself from classroom for a few minutes, had aide take over. Of course I felt like popping kid upside the head... that is why I gave myself a time out. Teachers are supposed to be models of behavior: you can be a good model or bad one. Teacher in story was a bad one, and not the only one I understand. Corporal punishment is widespread in Thailand I have read.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being caught up in momentary rage appears to be a character flaw of many Thai men

It didn't look like momentary rage to me, it looked like a deliberate lining up of the girls and a planned punishment of slapping each one in turn.

the guy is a fckin disgrace and should be arrested for assault. It has been proven time and time again that violence towards children does not teach them anything. And for a so called "professional" teacher how is it he doesn't realise that humiliation is the poorest of teachers that leads to a childs insecurity and fear of scrutiny,, what a total idiot.

Sack him, prosecute him and make a public display of it to drag this country out of the dark ages and bring them into modern day, professional teaching methods.

It appears to me that he had an exercise book in his hand! Now I know that some of you have been brought up in a non-violent household where the harshest action was for your parents to look "disappointed" with a slow shake of the head?

In the real world, where the majority of people worked really hard to make ends meet, the occasional "flick", smack or kick up the bum (if you were really stupid) disappeared from memory in under 10 minutes!

Anyone who has tried to teach M2 or M3 or get them to do homework (gasp!!) will understand the angst this teacher is feeling.....If you are going to rage, then rage against the system that creates such poor students!! I hate myself for saying that but sometimes the teacher does their best and it's like whistling in the wind!!!

facepalm.gifwink.pngthumbsup.gifsad.pngwai.gif

I take back my support for this teacher. I've just had a chance to see the video! Rsole! Look like hill tribe?? Couldn't get his perve on more like it! A pox on his house!!! bah.gifsad.pngwai.gif

If one of those girls was my daughter..that teacher would pay in the biggest way!!!

When my daughter went to kindergarten in Thailand,

I met the teacher and told her that no one was to lay

a hand on my daughter. Ever. And I was not smiling when

I said that......

So yeah, if I saw footage of some

lunatic Thai teacher slapping my daughter around,

it would not go well for him. Not an issue any more

as my daughter now attends school in America.

Where teachers slapping kids around does not

exist...... :-)

Incorrect, If they misbehave in school they should be punished, slap with ruler on hand end of.

That's why so many kids grow up turning into spoilt brats with parents who cannot control them.

Just look at the 3 news stories this week on Thai teenagers burning his gf, strangling gf cat, smashing up cars.

Wrong, do your homework, it has been proven that violence teaches children absolutely nothing. Keeping kids engaged and interested is the key. I appreciate it is not easy and only properly trained, professional and talented teachers can do it. Teaching is not for everyone and this guy should not be a teacher. What lesson do you think they took home with them that day? That the teacher will humiliate them, line them up and ridicule them in front of the class and also slap them viciously around the head for good measure.

You need to re think my friend,,

If one of those girls was my daughter..that teacher would pay in the biggest way!!!

I said that......

Incorrect, If they misbehave in school they should be punished, slap with ruler on hand end of.

That's why so many kids grow up turning into spoilt brats with parents who cannot control them.

Just look at the 3 news stories this week on Thai teenagers burning his gf, strangling gf cat, smashing up cars.

I think it would be a safe bet that all 3 of those teenagers were given plenty of slaps (maybe more) whilst growing up, which is why their first resort is violence when they don't get what they want.

When I was in the 6th grade, we had a teacher who was a total monster bitch. One day I got out of my seat to throw away some papers. She went nuts! Grabbed my shirt and started shaking me violently enough to tear the shirt, then slapped me in the face twice. Hard. Later that night, when my father found out, he went ballistic. Him and my mom took me to school the next day. Mom quietly, and politely, asked the teacher if she had done it. Dumb ass smugly admitted it proudly. My mom cold cocked her and broke her jaw, sending her unconscious to the floor. Keep in mind, my mom was all of 5'3" and 100 pounds, while the teacher was nearly twice her size.

Anyway, the commotion caused the Principal to come running into the room, demanding to know what happened. My dad (6'1", 210, black belt and former boxer) snatched him up and slammed him against the wall and told him that if any teacher ever hit any kid again, not just me, their ass would end up in the hospital, with the Principal in the bed next to them. My class mates thought I had the "Coolest Dad in the World". lol

Not surprisingly, there was never another incident of a teacher hitting a student. Oh, and the one who hit me was fired, then arrested on child abuse charges, and given a 3 year sentence.

Poor excuse for a teacher , failing in his teaching methods , i see 5 girls in the photo, maybe its time for him to reflect on his methods, maybe you get one or two in a class who do not hand in home work but to have so many surely the question needs to be asked what the mathematic home work was, maybe it was more than m= mc squared,

Teaching is about trust and imparting information, but if the information is not taken on board then another avenue of tackling the problem, Belittling girls (thai) in from of the class has and will be a sure fire way to alienate him and them from the subject.

He needs to go and re train,

I'm sure I'm going to be flamed to death for this, but I'm really sick with this "a slap is unacceptable, traumatizing violence" nonsense.

9th graders are no small kids. Look at these girls, some of them are taller than he is.

Have I been slapped by my teachers when I was a kid? yes, several times, although one of my primary school teacher, being a football (soccer for you americans) player, used to prefer a good kick in the butt

Was I traumatized? no

Am I angry at these teachers? not the tinest, for as far as I can recall I did really deserve it every time. Actually I'm still friends with that teacher with a good kick. He's a very old guy now.

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."

Mahatma Gandhi

A quote from a guy who liked to take young girls to bed not hit them. Which is worse?

Here we go again. What is it with TV members, why are they so violent. Every offence, no scratch that, every accusation of an offence is met with hollers of Hang Him! and Cut Off His Balls! I do pity you people.

ILook at these girls, some of them are taller than he is.

Have I been slapped by my teachers when I was a kid? yes, several times, although one of my primary school teacher, being a football (soccer for you americans) player, used to prefer a good kick in the butt

Was I traumatized? no

. LANNIG, WHAT THE HELL DOES A CHILD'S SIZE GOT TO DO WITH IT?!

No child deserves to be hit by a teacher or an adult or kicked like your teacher did Lannig

its a pathetic ineffectual teacher ( or parent in my opinion) who uses violence to discipline kids. This teacher is assaulting these kids not slapping them.

Its like a boss assaulting his workers because he feels they didn't do a good job (only by his opinion)

Why would an adult want to hit a kid?. They are the only humans in this world a parent or guardian can hit and not be charged with assault because its in the name of discipline.

perhaps the students should line up and be able to slap the math teacher and school director back for their good intentions of teaching these teachers what manners are. How violence, shaming students are not the proper way for disciplining students.

I'm sure I'm going to be flamed to death for this, but I'm really sick with this "a slap is unacceptable, traumatizing violence" nonsense.

9th graders are no small kids. Look at these girls, some of them are taller than he is.

Was I traumatized? no

Am I angry at these teachers? not the tinest, for as far as I can recall I did really deserve it every time. Actually I'm still friends with that teacher with a good kick. He's a very old guy now.

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."

Mahatma Gandhi

A quote from a guy who liked to take young girls to bed not hit them. Which is worse?

The quote is valid.

Violence and hate aren't.

The Director said he had good intentions when he hit them, what the hell is that for a statement, that is just saying yes hit them for anything they do wrong and do not worry about it as I will back you up!!

was quite normal at school when i went in england ,and i went to a convent , yes the nuns used to love to cane you ,funny it was the Math teacher as well ,must be in the blood

Violence towards students is never acceptable, period. School should be a place students are eager to go to, not fearful of getting slapped and physically abused. If students not learning, teacher needs to adapt methods so they will learn.

I taught emotionally disturbed students in USA. One jammed a pencil in the back of my hand (not a pleasant experience). I excused myself from classroom for a few minutes, had aide take over. Of course I felt like popping kid upside the head... that is why I gave myself a time out. Teachers are supposed to be models of behavior: you can be a good model or bad one. Teacher in story was a bad one, and not the only one I understand. Corporal punishment is widespread in Thailand I have read.

Lets hope you also had the sense to ensure the violent brat was removed to a more secure environment.

Stabbing people is not excusable.

Pencils in the hand of a violent person are capable of blinding a person. A "child" who uses a pencil as a weapon must not be allowed access to pencils. Such a child should be provided with chalk and a slate fixed to a wall.

When I was at school, if we did anything wrong we'd be made to come to front of the class and be belted across the backside with a tennis shoe or a cane.

I got smacked a few times before I learned to not talk, pass notes, or whatever it was I was doing :-)

I'm 100% in favour of corporal punishment. Although it was banned in most schools in the UK in 1987, and in 1999 at Private Schools (I left private school in 1985).

A good article about corporal punishment in the UK here - http://www.corpun.com/counuks.htm

This bit is particularly interesting

"In 2008 a new round of controversy over the issue was set off when a survey found that one teacher in five, and almost a quarter of all secondary school teachers, would still like to see corporal punishment reinstated. In 2011 another survey found that half of parents and 19% of students also wanted to bring back the cane.

And as recently as 2012 the co-founder and chairman of the governors of the most high-profile of the present government's brand-new so-called "Free Schools" said he would happily restore CP if it were allowed.

One consequence of the perceived collapse in school discipline has been a tendency for some (especially immigrant-descended) parents to send their teens abroad to complete their secondary studies, often to Africa or the Caribbean, where a stricter and more structured education, including CP where necessary, is still available. See e.g. this Nov 1997 news item about an under-achieving 13-year-old whose parents sent him to school in Ghana, with miraculous results, and this similar Nov 2007 report in which a British 17-year-old, sent away, also to Ghana, to study for his GCSEs, admitted he had been caned several times and agreed he was benefiting academically from the novel experience of strict discipline. See likewise Children sent to Caribbean for 'basic' schooling, a news report from July 1996, and UK Ugandans rush kids to Kampala schools, from May 1998."

Was I traumatized? no

I was just about to say the same thing. I have taught high school kids, I have a stick and I use it. These little sods will fail everything with teachers that puss foot around.

The best teachers discipline their kids. I have no doubt they deserved it and expect they will behave themselves in the future.

Well done teacher.

The Director said he had good intentions when he hit them, what the hell is that for a statement, that is just saying yes hit them for anything they do wrong and do not worry about it as I will back you up!!

Unlike Mike Tyson, who used to hit with "bad intentions".

I said that......

Be aware! In the USA they use "security guards" to beat up the kids !

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/27/us/south-carolina-school-arrest-video/

Its very simple.

If that was a line of 20 year old guys and he had no authority to hide behind, would he still be doing that?

If no, he is a bully abusing his authority.

If yes, he's a violent lunatic and shouldn't be anywhere near a school.

If you are not able to "control" a bunch of kids, without resorting to violence, you are a miserable failure at your job!

Anyone, who resorts to violence, has obviously lost the argument already!

All of you, who are so proud, that they have been slapped around in school in the "good ol' days" and who see no harm in it: welcome to the 21st century- the world has evolved!

Mind you: we are also not burning witches anymore!

How?

..use your imagination....eye for an eye 10 fold maybe

Very easy to be big.brave and threatening on TV !

I wonder how "brave" you would be when charged with assault ?

You are joking are you if that was my daughter I would puch the shit out of that c??t .

I am not trying to be brave on here my self , I am saying I would make that c??t pay .