Motorcycle insurance ?

keithathome

Please can anybody tell me what insurance cover I have just by registering a motorcycle. What insurance cover is recommended and approximately how much per annum (or per month) can I expect to pay. And are there any reliable insurance companies around Chiang Mai ?

As far as I know, you need the required compulsory insurance in order to register a vehicle. Many times, that can be included in your road tax fees. However, you can also get compulsory insurance through an agent or directly through an insurance company. My compulsory and first class insurance policies on my scooter are from MSIG Insurance Thailand. I pay a little under 5,000 baht/year for my policies.

The compulsory insurance at Vireeya Insurance for a motorcycle cost at 3.50 or around that,

this is they call in Thai "korabo"

if you looking for accident insurance, I would recommend you to check at Siam bank, SCB,

they have accident insurance for motorbikes, I used it few years back for several consecutive years,

at that time, I paid 1599 baht oer year, this insurance covers 30,000 baht of medication fees per case, means per accident,

and they have a list of hospitals where you don't have to pay, just show them the ATM card of your insurance account, the emergency hospital staff will call and everything done, at some hospitals you have to pay, then show your bills and claim your money,

my friend still using this SCB insurance, as I remember in the last year he told me that they increased their fees to be around 2400 baht per year for platinum member and 1800 for gold member,

However, I think this is reasonable one in term of cost and in case of accident coverage, but check the details again, year to year many things changed, and wish you good luck!

There is the compulsory insurance which you get when registering the bike and then there are as always a whole list of insurance contracts that you can get. From a few hundred bath to over 20k THB per year. The best is called "first class" and usually covers theft, fire, accidents and medical bills up to reasonable levels.

What bike are you riding?