Is the E.U as we know it ,finished ?

Whatever the outcome of the vote I think a lot of people will end up disappointed.

If we vote to stay, not a lot will change. Minor tinkering.

If we vote to leave then not a lot will change....

The migrant situation will not change because we will continue with the EEA free movement agreements. Employers in food, agriculture, hospitality and construction will continue to recruit Eastern Europeans. In fact the increase in Minimum Wage could draw in even more.

Migrants will continue to camp at Calais and try to enter the UK.

Asylum Seekers are dealt with according to UN directives and there is no suggestion that we pull out of the UN!

Will will continue to make payments to the EU, in the same fashion as non-EU Norway and Switzerland.

Companies will continue to comply with EU legislation.

If we don't play be EU rules they will simply threaten restrictions on the UK Financial Services indutries operations in Europe. The government will quickly fall into line.

I will not intimidate you, but with this imagination/opinion you seem to be a lone cowboy.

How will things change if we leave?

I hear Farage talking about 'taking control of our borders' - in what way? We going to stop EEA free movement? Send all the East Europeans home? (who will pull up the turnips?). It won't happen. Migrants in Calais will pack up and head home? Dream on.

The Leave camp cannot give any details because they don't know - the irony is that what happens if we leave the EU will depend more than anything on how the EU decides to treat us. We are not going to offend a trading block extending from Iceland to Turkey and the US aren't going to take us under their wing.

Edited by HauptmannUK
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the outcome of the vote I think a lot of people will end up disappointed.

The migrant situation will not change because we will continue with the EEA free movement agreements. Employers in food, agriculture, hospitality and construction will continue to recruit Eastern Europeans. In fact the increase in Minimum Wage could draw in even more.

Asylum Seekers are dealt with according to UN directives and there is no suggestion that we pull out of the UN!

Will will continue to make payments to the EU, in the same fashion as non-EU Norway and Switzerland.

If we don't play be EU rules they will simply threaten restrictions on the UK Financial Services indutries operations in Europe. The government will quickly fall into line.

Well you certainly promote a doom and gloom senario. Basically based on the idea that the UK would do nothing in the event of a Britexit.

I will not intimidate you, but with this imagination/opinion you seem to be a lone cowboy.

I hear Farage talking about 'taking control of our borders' - in what way? We going to stop EEA free movement? Send all the East Europeans home? (who will pull up the turnips?). It won't happen. Migrants in Calais will pack up and head home? Dream on.

The Leave camp cannot give any details because they don't know - the irony is that what happens if we leave the EU will depend more than anything on how the EU decides to treat us. We are not going to offend a trading block extending from Iceland to Turkey and the US aren't going to take us under their wing.

And the EU is certainly not going to offend the UK,with which it has a very large trading balance. Guarantee you, the day after the UK votes to leave this very corrupt organisation, the CEO of Benz and Volkswagen and many other industrialist will be knocking at Merkels door Demanding that she quickly secure their exports to the UK.

As regards UK borders, damm right they will be controlled, but that does not mean there will be no flow of Labour. As Farage says, after an exit the UK will decide who can enter,and maybe that will include Eastern Europeans to pick the turnips.

If you are happy for the UK to contribute 55 million to the EU each day,with the knowledge that the EU has not audited it's a/c for 20yrs. That the unelected bureaucrats in Brussels can and do override British law. That EU membership does not allow the 5th largest world economy to make its own trade agreements. That membership of this so called Union prohibits the UK from controlling its own borders,then yes you had better vote to remain in.

Andrew Marr show today had Lord King ( former Gov of the BOE) he said there would be problems whether we stay in or leave, he would not be drawn on his personal view by that but the impression I got from his answers was he was in favour of leaving, others might interpret it differently. Also on the show was Boris, Andrew Marr asked many question without allowing Boris to give much of an answer, bit disappointing that from Andrew. Another guest was the German Finance Minister, he said that in the event of the UK leaving trade agreements would be drawn up, it would take time and he also thought that the UK leaving would be bad for everyone, the UK, EU and the World.

Edited by nong38

And the EU is certainly not going to offend the UK,with which it has a very large trading balance. Guarantee you, the day after the UK votes to leave this very corrupt organisation, the CEO of Benz and Volkswagen and many other industrialist will be knocking at Merkels door Demanding that she quickly secure their exports to the UK.

As regards UK borders, damm right they will be controlled, but that does not mean there will be no flow of Labour. As Farage says, after an exit the UK will decide who can enter,and maybe that will include Eastern Europeans to pick the turnips.

If you are happy for the UK to contribute 55 million to the EU each day,with the knowledge that the EU has not audited it's a/c for 20yrs. That the unelected bureaucrats in Brussels can and do override British law. That EU membership does not allow the 5th largest world economy to make its own trade agreements. That membership of this so called Union prohibits the UK from controlling its own borders,then yes you had better vote to remain in.

sorry, but what you are writing is WRONG. Please check quote # 81

sorry, but what you are writing is WRONG. Please check quote # 81

Please explain why I am wrong, without allowing any of your Irish bigotry to come out against the UK.

Still no snswer

the EU is not finished... unfortunately.

Brexit is a wet dream... fortunately for those who's income is in £.

all afore-said in my wellknown [not so] humble opinion wai2.gif

Au Contraire Naam , you are ever so humble tongue.png

but i do agree with you ,That the E.U is not yet finished , but i feel that it will be in the future as the world as we know it changes

One question to those who know more about this than me,

Britain exits. will Scotland exit with them? or other UK members? What will this do to the UK?

I think you're confusing England with Britain. Great Britain is comprised of England, Wales and Scotland.

erm ... not to forget our Northern Irish friends ? whistling.gif

NI is not a part of Great Britain!!! But is part of the UK as in "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

The Express article is saying that more than half of French people surveyed want a referendum as well, Germany pressure is building. The Netherlands and the Cechs are saying the the UK leaves they also will want a referendum, its a way down the line but who will be paying the bills?

Perhaps the days of the Euro Civil Service who impose their will on the continent with recourse to on one, lets call them what they are, a bunch of communist style dictators-I think that fits the bill, finally are getting their dues and will chucked out of their cushy jobs, it starts with an "out" vote on 23rd June...............you are expected to do your duty.

Opting to exit the European Union could mean a major slump for the UK economy, a study commissioned by the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) has warned. The analysis shows that leaving the bloc could cost the British economy £100bn ($1.4bn; €1.3bn) and 950,000 jobs by 2020, with chances of a decline in household GDP and a rise in unemployment.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brexit-could-cost-uk-million-jobs-100bn-says-pwc-study-1550666

Opting to exit the European Union could mean a major slump for the UK economy, a study commissioned by the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) has warned. The analysis shows that leaving the bloc could cost the British economy £100bn ($1.4bn; €1.3bn) and 950,000 jobs by 2020, with chances of a decline in household GDP and a rise in unemployment.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brexit-could-cost-uk-million-jobs-100bn-says-pwc-study-1550666

looks as if the British Pound also will devalue as I see the 100bn Pounds will soon be worth only 1.4bn Dollar or 1.3bn Euro.

Good that you mentioned the study was commissioned (payed for) by the CBI who want continue taking advantage of cheaper European Labour.

I can understand NAAM that as a German you would prefer for the UK to remain in the corrupt EU, and therefore share the cost with the German taxpayers. You obviously relies that in the event of a UK withdrawal, the German taxpayer will be burdened with nearly all the cost of supporting the non productive areas of the EU. As well as continuing to import large numbers of people who have no intention of integrating into the wider German population,unless of corse,it's on their terms.

looks as if the British Pound also will devalue as I see the 100bn Pounds will soon be worth only 1.4bn Dollar or 1.3bn Euro.

According to to scare stories from those who wish to remain IN, the £ is estimated to bottom out at £1 to 1us Cent. Not that we should be unduly worried as the Black Death is forecast to appear in the UK on the 24th June,and therefore very few will survive,to be worried about these catastrophic

Events.

I do not know if we will vote out. But the economic migrant crisis will destroy the EU in the end,Europe is being overun

Vote out , the seeds of fear have been spread . end of .clap2.gifclap2.gif

With the recent bombings , We as the EU , are united against the terrorists ,

who seek to destroy, our EU Community .coffee1.gif

Edited by elliss

Good that you mentioned the study was commissioned (payed for) by the CBI who want continue taking advantage of cheaper European Labour.

I can understand NAAM that as a German you would prefer for the UK to remain in the corrupt EU, and therefore share the cost with the German taxpayers. You obviously relies that in the event of a UK withdrawal, the German taxpayer will be burdened with nearly all the cost of supporting the non productive areas of the EU. As well as continuing to import large numbers of people who have no intention of integrating into the wider German population,unless of corse,it's on their terms.

no you understand Naam who copied and pasted a comment of British origin which he considers an assumptive claim without any substantiation like dozens of other claims presently published.

my preferences are neither pro/con UK in EU nor the stupid German taxpayers (a group to which i do not belong) who voted politicians into power who make their lives not only complicated and in certain aspects even miserable by adhering stubbornly not only to own stupid policies but also bow to the €U-cretins in Brussels.

The EU have this week talked about deploying the EU army. where they get their troops and kit from I have no idea to stop the flow of immigrants.

The dreadful news from Brussels yesterday makes security before drop offs at airports look a soft target as is traveling by train and bus, what response will they come up with, these are dangerous times for travelers.

Now after Paris and now Brussels does that make us safer in the EU or out? Perhaps they should leave the security issue out of the equation, we all need to co-operate together with this evil that we face, they take advantage of our free societies, which they do not wish to have, to try and destroy the Western civilization. It is far better to try and deal with this in a countrywide rather than continental wide situation, the EU could not move quickly if it wanted to.

The office for budget responsibility state that brexit will have NO impact on British buisness for at least 5 years and then very little , He was misquoted by Osbourn , now thats a shock the stay in brigade being selective .

another view without any substantiation coffee1.gif

How is that achievable?

thisplanetearth-tardis.jpg

How does the apparent lack make you any more right? [ quote ]

A safe house , for our man plod on the beat , PC Dixon .

In the good old days our constable George , had never heard of terrorists .

another view without any substantiation coffee1.gif

How is that achievable?

thisplanetearth-tardis.jpg

How does the apparent lack make you any more right? [ quote ]

A safe house , for our man plod on the beat , PC Dixon .

In the good old days our constable George , had never heard of terrorists .

In those days they just told you the time, in the PC world of today they cannot do that in case they offend someone!