Farewell, Phuripat: End of an era for Phuket’s marine industry?

snoop1130

Farewell, Phuripat: End of an era for Phuket’s marine industry?
Tanyaluk Sakoot

post-249866-0-46641400-1456488425_thumb.

Phuket Marine Chief Phuripat Theerakulpisut left the island today following a special order transfer to Nonthaburi.

PHUKET: -- The departure of Phuripat Theerakulpisut from the island today closed a chapter lasting more than a decade of one man at the helm of officialdom’s top player in Phuket’s burgeoning marine industry.

Mr Phuripat left Phuket after meeting with media at 10am before sharing lunch farewell together with his media colleagues.

Mr Phuripat first arrived in Phuket in 2004 took up the post of Phuket Marine Chief under the name Surin Theerakulpisut. He stayed until 2007, when he was transferred to the post of Marine Chief in Chumphon province, on the Gulf of Thailand.

He returned to Phuket as Phuket Marine Chief in 2010, this time with his new given name, Phuripat, and last year was promoted to “Acting Director Marine Office 5”, a position he held concurrently while still serving as Phuket Marine Chief, until yesterday.

Mr Phuripat confirmed to The Phuket News that his transfer was a “special order”, falling outside the usual annual nationwide government promotions and transfers announced and effective each October.

“I received the order on February 15 to move to be Director of Marine Office 2 in Nonthaburi. My responsibility will cover Nonthaburi and Pathum Thani provinces. I will start work there on Monday (Feb 29), Mr Phuripat confirmed, but declined to give any reason for the order

Mr Phuripat said he welcomed the move and expected no serious challenges in his new post.

“I am glad to go. I can do everything needed to be done there, as marine operations there are not too different from the management required in Phuket,” he said.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/farewell-phuripat-end-of-an-era-for-phuket-marine-industry-56388.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-02-26

"I am glad to go. I can do everything needed to be done there, as marine operations there are not too different from the management required in Phuket, he said.

Not as glad as the rest of us. He can become a problem for another province. Bye bye, bon voyage, shut the gate on the way out.

I dare say he may one day be returned by force to deal with a few skeltons left behind in the closet.

“I am glad to go. I can do everything needed to be done there, as marine operations there are not too different from the management required in Phuket,” he said.

Yes , do nothing useful there as well.

I think your backhanders are over but ...