Fight broke out in Ratchada 36 Internet Cafe

WhaleBomb

Hey guys, I am staying in Ratchada 36 and was watching the rugby at a internet/gaming cafe, as I went to the toilet at around 6am I heard glass bottles being smashed and some guy screaming in pain. After locking my self inside the toilets with 2 other thai guys, we finally went back into the room to see a guy on the floor with blood everywhere and from what I could see he was holding on to his neck.

I go to this internet cafe on a regular basis, and was just wondering where I will be able to follow to news of this incident, if there will be any news at all. I want to know if the guy is ok and what it was over. I am a bit scared of going back there at the moment after seeing that, I cant stop thinking about the screaming and the blood.

I heard glass bottles being smashed and some guy screaming in pain. After locking my self inside the toilets...

​Smart defensive tactic. I'll remember that. Thanks "WhaleBomb" for posting.

Judging by your post I assume you didn't check the injured guy to see if he needed first aid?

You just locked yourself in the toilets with a few Thai lads...

Good one!

An outstanding member of the community.

Judging by your post I assume you didn't check the injured guy to see if he needed first aid?

Good one!

A sensible member. Or he might not have been around for a while to tell his story.

Good one!

So you encountered this shit before? How would you react in this situation? Round house kicking until you safe the guy and sew his neck because your not only a hero but a doctor too? We don't know how we react away from the keyboard. Keyboard warriors unite!

just to clear some things up.

They was not attacking me. The gaming cafe was pretty busy at the time maybe 50-60 people there. I just happened to be going to the toilet and the people fighting was right outside the toilet door.

Its not that I didn't want to help. Back home bar fights happen all the time but I am new to Thailand, and everyone always told me just to stay out of trouble. I might be able to handle my self back home but the people back home are not all trained Mauy Thai fighters.

Also when I left bathroom there was at least 3-4 people helping the person on the floor. I have no first aid experience and I would probably do more harm than good.

I am sorry if I made the wrong decision but I feel like the situation was better taken care of without some stupid farang getting involved.

WhaleBomb wrote: ​​
"I am new to Thailand, and everyone always told me just to stay out of trouble ... the situation was better taken care of without some stupid farang getting involved."

Smart thinking.

Edited by PT4

They was not attacking me. The gaming cafe was pretty busy at the time maybe 50-60 people there. I just happened to be going to the toilet and the people fighting was right outside the toilet door.

Its not that I didn't want to help. Back home bar fights happen all the time but I am new to Thailand, and everyone always told me just to stay out of trouble. I might be able to handle my self back home but the people back home are not all trained Mauy Thai fighters.

Also when I left bathroom there was at least 3-4 people helping the person on the floor. I have no first aid experience and I would probably do more harm than good.

I am sorry if I made the wrong decision but I feel like the situation was better taken care of without some stupid farang getting involved.

Dude you did fine. Don't let the super hero keyboard warriors get to you.

I was just sent this link, of the news article about the incident.

I have been told one of the people was shot, and has died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNzKQyX3ZW0

Can anyone who speaks Thai translate what has happened?

I am in so much shock, literally 5 seconds earlier I would have been right in the area where it happened... I know it was probably an aimed attack, but if he was there to kill the guy I don't think he would have cared who else was around. I think its time to move away from Ratchada 36

Edited by WhaleBomb

I am in so much shock, literally 5 seconds earlier I would have been right in the area where it happened... I know it was probably an aimed attack, but if he was there to kill the guy I don't think he would have cared who else was around. I think its time to move away from Ratchada 36

Hard to believe you were 5 seconds away from seeing someone getting shot, and also just on the other side of the toilet door from where the guy was shot and yet you didn't hear the shot. That must be one hell of a thick toilet door you were behind.

krobkruakao.com and komchadluek.net reported on the story today. The victim was 19 year-old Preecha Tantaeng from Bang Seu in Bangkok who worked as a salesman in a department store in Ngamwongwan Rd. At the time of the murder he was playing games with a couple of friends at the Immortal internet cafe on Soi Ratchada 36, a large shop with over 200 computers.
Eyewitness Saneh Pimwat said 4 youths arrived on 3 motorcycles, entered the shop, shot him and stabbed him several times then made their escape. His friends tried to take him to hospital but he died on the pavement in front of the shop before they got there.
The shop owner said before the incident a youth arrived at the shop and threatened Preecha. However Preecha didn't heed the warning and thought he was safe to stay there. The man left and a while later 4 youths entered the shop and shot and stabbed him on the right side of the chest followed by slashing him on the left side of the chest and wrist. He tried to escape but collapsed outside the toilets where he was further attacked with a bottle.
Police said that shortly before the incident Preecha had had an argument with some youths outside a nearby boarding house. After the confrontation he had gone onto the internet cafe at 05:30am.
Two attackers have already been identified from CCTV footage and arrest warrants have been issued with police expecting to make arrests soon.

Hard to believe you were 5 seconds away from seeing someone getting shot, and also just on the other side of the toilet door from where the guy was shot and yet you didn't hear the shot. That must be one hell of a thick toilet door you were behind.

I am not sure why you think I would lie....

Like I said I thought it was just people fighting all I heard was glasses being smashed I didn't hear any gun shots well I must have heard a gun shot an not recognized that it was a gun shot.

And about being on the other side of the door. Put it this way. When the toilet door was open the guy was lying on the floor right outside it, that is why I had to step over him. If the gun was fired in a different part of the cafe then the fight moved to the toilet door I don't know. I didn't see anything at all of the actual conflict.

edit:

from the post above "The man left and a while later 4 youths entered the shop and shot and stabbed him on the right side of the chest followed by slashing him on the left side of the chest and wrist. He tried to escape but collapsed outside the toilets where he was further attacked with a bottle."

So this answers why I only heard bottles being smashed (I was playing games up stairs and went down to use the toilet. So the shooting and stabbing must have happened just before.

Edited by WhaleBomb

...was just wondering where I will be able to follow to news of this incident,

Here at Thai Visa the members usually just imagine & embellish the details of any reported event to suit their own agenda.

Undoubtedly an exciting moment for you and the person on the receiving end of the bottle to the throat, but doubt it will qualify for anything more than a two or three line filler in the media.

Possibly someone was choking and a good Samaritan tried to perform an impromptu tracheotomy.

Absolutely correct - stay as far away from this kind of trouble as possible... locking the door and staying in the bathroom was a good safe alternative. Getting in the middle of some idiots fighting could have left you with physical scars for life...

If you want details as to what happened, wander back there in daylight hours and ask... but really - who cares?

I am glad to hear you used good judgment and got out safely.

The community that dual-prices him, and bars him from ever owning land or really becoming a citizen?

he sees a guy in agony leaves without helping and now he wants to know if he is ok. should have asked him on the spot, maybe he died because nobody was brave enough to really care.

Looking at the video I'm sure I've been to this net café before. I lived in soi 36 for 6 months and been there often.I've never seen any problems in the area, but shit happens anywhere and everywhere, so you always have to keep your head on straight. Sounds like you handled the situation as best as you could.

It was reported in the Manager.co.th today that all 4 have been arrested and have confessed. The quartet was comprised of one 20 year-old, two 17 year-olds and one 16 year-old.
EiTf42c.jpg
QwA4CNO.jpg
7nIjgBN.jpg
6zeFntO.jpg
20 year-old Worasin Inowimon taking part in the obligatory crime re-enactment. He claims his involvement only went so far as throwing a bottle at the victim.

The community that dual-prices him, and bars him from ever owning land or really becoming a citizen?

he sees a guy in agony leaves without helping and now he wants to know if he is ok. should have asked him on the spot, maybe he died because nobody was brave enough to really care.

post-204514-0-66942200-1456690316_thumb.

From that Thai news video the fight didn't break out in the internet cafe, the guys just knew he was there, turned up on motorbikes, parked up, walked in and shot him in the face. Could've happened anywhere.

OP ,, I think you did the correct thing.

I have lived in and around S E Asia for over 30 years and one of the first things I learnt

was to mind my own business DO NOT get involved.

"Life is Cheap here"