One of two suspects arrested in recent armed theft case from East Pattaya

rooster59

One of two suspects arrested in recent armed theft case from East Pattaya

post-247607-0-20704600-1456609478_thumb.

PATTAYA: Police Major General Ampon, the Commander of Chonburi Provincial Police, led a press conference on Saturday to announce the arrest of one of two suspects wanted in connection with a recent armed theft at a house in East Pattaya.

The incident occurred at the house of Khun La-iet aged 51 last Monday afternoon. Two suspects, one described as overweight and the other described as thin, tied her up and stole items of value from the house including the victim’s pick-up truck.

Thanks to CCTV evidence, Police have been able to track the suspect, described as overweight. Khun Amnat aged 28 was arrested at his home in East Pattaya, while the second suspect, named as Khun Sanchai aged 21, is thought to be hiding in his home province of Pitsanulok in the North of Thailand.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221807/one-of-two-suspects-arrested-in-recent-armed-theft-case-from-east-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-02-28

He doesn't look overweight to me.

And I'm sure the BIB were a little sympathetic to their plight as they have similar end of month issues....."this was the first time they committed a crime as both were desperate to make some money before the end of the month." coffee1.gif

Does it really justify a Major General calling a press conference. I always find this aspect confusing. This was a tragic,but not unusual robbery <deleted>.

Yes, robbery!

What is an "armed theft"???

I asked this question in the first thread already.

"armed theft" sounds strange to me, is this a usual legal term in English??

Edited by KhunBENQ

Fortunately the lady pointer assisted the male pointer, in identifying the perp or else we may have got confused. smile.png

I believe she was pulling him back from disastrously pointing directly at the camera, which could have potentially caused everyone in Thailand to turn themselves in to the police. Well done Mam. Well done.