Thai Health Min scrambles to study TPP's impacts on health products and services

webfact

Public Health Minister scrambles to study TPP's impacts on health products and services

BANGKOK, 29 February 2016 (NNT) – The nation's public health policy will be determined after examining the impacts of joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement, says the Public Health Ministry's Permanent Secretary.

Public Health Ministry Permanent Secretary Sophon Mekthon disclosed that a subcommittee will be studying the impacts of the TPP agreement. These issues include as access to medicine, Thai wisdom, tobacco and alcohol consumption, investment and investor protection, health insurance policy, the general public's health and the nation's health systems.

The subcommittee for studying the impacts of Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) on public health and health system will begun the study by monitoring seven items of products and services including Thai wisdom: herbs, medical equipment, cosmetic, food, tobacco, alcoholic drinks and health services.
Information and Source.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-29 footer_n.gif

TPP will threaten the Thai State tobacco enterprise's monopoly on manufacture and dsitribution of tobacco products. TPP will remove such protectionism. But no different than the impact ASEAN will have on Thailand.

I expect the common denominator is that Thailand will expect special priviledges for its state-owned enterprises versus free market enterprises from both ASEAN and TPP. And neither will concede such concessions.

TPP will rob Thailand of the freedom it has now. Will the Thai Government give the Thai people a vote on joining it. Or will they as My New Zealand Government decided. We are not smart enough to make a decision on such and issue or any Social issue. Just dumb enough to select a Social Dictatorship every 3 years. Think hard before you decide Thailand.

TPP will rob Thailand of the freedom it has now. Will the Thai Government give the Thai people a vote on joining it. Or will they as My New Zealand Government decided. We are not smart enough to make a decision on such and issue or any Social issue. Just dumb enough to select a Social Dictatorship every 3 years. Think hard before you decide Thailand.

The NZ government is becoming more like 3rd world in the way they operate with impunity, corruption, nepotism, creating huge deficits, while ensuring those a the top make huge sums of money. They probably learned more from the US though, rather than countries like Thailand.

Edited by Valentine

All these countries who sign on to this global corporate abortion will be very very sorry when they realize that they have sold their countries out to the globalist fascists. But it will be too late. the damage will be a done deal and they will be sued by globalist tribunals and they will pay dearly. I mean mega money. If anyone on this site thinks I'm kidding then you do not know a thing about what you are talking about. These international corporate fascists bankers, leaders, elite scum bags want it all.

Cheers

The giant Pharma companies will not allow Thailand to buy cheap generic drugs from India and the cost of caring chronic illnesses (HIV, Hepatitis, etc) will skyrocket. It will result in enormous increases to the Thai healthcare budget and fewer patients getting life saving medicines. The TPP will also allow the pharma companies to patent holistic and herbal remedies as well as patent biological meds. It will be hard for the review to paint TPP as good for Thailand, and I would question (but not be terribly surprised by) such a result.