German man found hanged at home in Chonburi

snoop1130

German man found hanged at home in Chonburi

Kwaang Siripoom

post-249866-0-30198900-1456750055_thumb.

Image: Khaosod.co.th

CHONBURI:-- A German man was found dead at his home in Chonburi on Sunday.

Pol. Capt. Naret Boontee confirmed that officers from Sattahip police station received a report that an elderly foreign man had been found hung in a house in the Sattahip district of Chonburi.

Police officers and members from the Sawang Rojana Dhamasathan rescue team searched the one storey house where they found the body of Mr. Wolfgang Willibudick, aged 68.

Initial investigations found no sign of a struggle or forced entry into the property.

Neighbors told police that a driver, identified as Mr. Phachit, 46, came to the house to pick up Mr. Wolfgang and take him to the airport as he had been due to fly back to Germany to undergo medical treatment.

However, when Mr Wolfgang failed to answer the door or his telephone, Mr Phachit and a neighbour decided to break into the house which is when they discovered Mr Wolfgang hanging from an iron bar on the ceiling.

Pol. Capt. Boontee confirmed that photographs and evidence has been taken of the scene and that the dead mans body has been sent to Bangkok Police Hospital Forensic Laboratory for further investigation to try an establish an official cause of death.

Police are also working with officials from the German embassy.

Source: Khaosod.co.th

tvn.png

-- 2016-02-29

Could have been cancer or another incurable disease ,maybe he only had a few months to live so he decided to end his life the easy way. RIP.

Edited by balo

Is it just me, or does it seem like there is an inordinately high number of farang deaths the past week or so. It seems like at least one, and sometimes, two a day.

No. It is not just you. I have lost 2 close friends in the last 3 months, one 64 and the other 61. Two others in their 60's I had met just recently also passed away unexpectedly.. I'm 75 and hoping that these deaths are not just the beginningblink.png .

Suicide is a very dark and private matter for those depressed individuals who decide to take that path.

Our media has the self-censoring option of how these sad stories are reported. The single photo of a smiling Mr. Willibudick would have been much more sensitive and appropriate than the other one showing his lifeless body swinging from a rope.

Respect.

Suicide is a very dark and private matter for those depressed individuals who decide to take that path.

Our media has the self-censoring option of how these sad stories are reported. The single photo of a smiling Mr. Willibudick would have been much more sensitive and appropriate than the other one showing his lifeless body swinging from a rope.

Respect.

Correct.

So let's hope he had some good times in Thailand, Wolfgang Budick in 2003, RIP:

(from Google+)

PICa_26.jpg

Could have been cancer or another incurable disease ,maybe he only had a few months to live so he decided to end his life the easy way. RIP.

My idea too. This short hair cut was probably not his choice (chemotherapy),

No foreigners death discussed in TV without crime/conspiracy theory.

When a foreigner dies here in upcountry you will hardly find it in this kind of journo.

Over the years a few have gone. Last case a Swiss whom I met about three weeks ago.

In the meantime died of some brain hemorrhage.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Is it just me, or does it seem like there is an inordinately high number of farang deaths the past week or so. It seems like at least one, and sometimes, two a day.

If you look up statistics, a lot of suicides occur during or shortly after the Winter Holidays, Xmas, New years, etc etc. I thought it odd he would do this when he was already scheduled to go home for medical reasons. RIP to the old one, whatever it was you were diagnosed with, you took the wrong way out in my opinion..............theres nothing on this earth that I care so much about that I would want to hurt ME!! call me selfish, whatever, but I love ME and would;t hurt myself.wai2.gif

If you look up statistics, a lot of suicides occur during or shortly after the Winter Holidays, Xmas, New years, etc etc. I thought it odd he would do this when he was already scheduled to go home for medical reasons. RIP to the old one, whatever it was you were diagnosed with, you took the wrong way out in my opinion..............theres nothing on this earth that I care so much about that I would want to hurt ME!! call me selfish, whatever, but I love ME and would;t hurt myself.wai2.gif

True but if you were diagnosed with a terminal illness that would entail a very painful prolonged death you might consider suicide a good option.

As much as we can conjecture about this gentleman's motives for committing suicide, an apt expression comes to mind:

"that you cannot know another man's experience until you have walked a mile in his shoes".

Please stop calling cancer an "incurable disease". It's not always, far from that. In developed countries nowadays 10-year survival rate is well above 50% altogether and rising year after year.

People who have been diagnosed with a cancer or cancer survivors may be reading this thread. Actually I'm quite sure there is at least one.

Using such langage definitely is not being nice to them.

Maybe afraid of flying

take aticket GET SOMECASH OUT OF A SAFE and call a driver..ans kill yourself... doesnt look very logic nor german

I'd say you're thinking illogically... he may have organized the transport days before. I organize my taxi pickups at least a week before I travel. He may also have planned it this way so someone would find his body before it started decaying. He may have read the report yesterday about the British guy whose body was found a week after he died...

Edited by tropo