Thai Police call for Tougher Immigration Measures in aftermath of rape

webfact

Police Call for Tougher Immigration Measures in Aftermath of Rape
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14568114381456811604l.jpg
Five Cambodian nationals accused of assaulting a group of French tourists and raping two women are led through a ‘re-enactment’ of their alleged crimes Monday on Koh Kut in Trat province.

BANGKOK — A top police official urged tougher security checks on migrant workers in the wake of the rape and assault of two French tourists allegedly by five Cambodian workers in eastern Thailand.

Police should keep their eyes closely on millions of migrant workers in Thailand because, a deputy commander of the Royal Thai Police told reporters Monday, they are responsible for most crimes committed against foreign tourists.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456811438

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-01

"Police should keep their eyes closely on millions of migrant workers in Thailand because, a deputy commander of the Royal Thai Police told reporters Monday, they are responsible for most crimes committed against foreign tourists."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"...migrant workers...they are responsible for most crimes committed against foreign tourists."

This public service announcement has been brought to you by the Jet Ski, Taxi, and Tuk Tuk proprietors of Thailand.

Edited by jaltsc

Police should keep their eyes closely on millions of migrant workers in Thailand

Oh they already do. They were charging 7000 baht per immigrant 10 years ago, so probably more now. And does anyone seriously believe the Thais would support any measures to stop importing their cheap labour?

Not a mark on them by the looks of it, did the two males not even make an effort to fight them off

Getting really tired of the internet warriors here who think they would have won the fight, 2 guys versus 5 with knives, fighting was the best way to get killed for sure.

They survived... So I guess they did the best they could.

As for those saying the man who escaped was a coward, I have a different view, I think he actually saved everybody by alerting people.

In the end don't you think that being raped is better than being dead, it s crude, but that is basically the choice there was.

Show some sensitivity, you have absolutely no idea how it happened and it is really easy to say you would have done better, but you are comfortably sitting on your chair, not in front of 5 armed guys...

Yes- immigrants - that the catch-all excuse for everything.

how about calling for better training, better crime prevention and better all-round policing of tourist areas?

....or do we just settle for better allocation of scapegoats?

Not a mark on them by the looks of it, did the two males not even make an effort to fight them off

Getting really tired of the internet warriors here who think they would have won the fight, 2 guys versus 5 with knives, fighting was the best way to get killed for sure.

As for those saying the man who escaped was a coward, I have a different view, I think he actually saved everybody by alerting people.

In the end don't you think that being raped is better than being dead, it s crude, but that is basically the choice there was.

Show some sensitivity, you have absolutely no idea how it happened and it is really easy to say you would have done better, but you are comfortably sitting on your chair, not in front of 5 armed guys...

Don't see anything in the report about knives being used, had the two men stood up for themselves and their women the outcome for the two poor ladies might have been very different, nothing to do with me being a "keyboard warrior"

It was a passing motorist that alerted the police according to the report yesterday

PS edit, looking at the picture again i mean really, hardly a scary bunch are they

Edited by donnybay

"Police should keep their eyes closely on millions of migrant workers in Thailand because, a deputy commander of the Royal Thai Police told reporters Monday, they are responsible for most crimes committed against foreign tourists."

Pure comedy- gold!

It is a well worn tactic to blame foreigners, outsiders and "non-whatever's" for domestic shortcomings. Google the recent, past performances of those power brokers from the East, West and all points in-between, to get an idea of past scenarios.

That is, until Google is banned as well.

...what does this have to do with immigration....

...hundreds of thousands of victims themselves cross the border...one way or another.... to work for a pittance......

...and this has been going on for decades......

Pure comedy- gold!

Spot on! Thais don't have to wear rose tinted glasses, they are born with them.

What would you have done Superman ??

Don't need to be Superman to stand up for yourself, even if it meant getting a beating from these schoolboys, i am not a fighter, but had it been my girlfriend or wife i would have fought as hard as i could to defend them

Thailand and the UK partnership - Rape & Sexual Assault Victim Handling Seminars

Key Phrase relating to this thread:

Through building partnerships which support consular services in Thailand, and encouraging information sharing between different agencies and stakeholders, there can be benefits for not only British nationals, but also Thai nationals, and victims from other countries.

Edited by evadgib

What would you have done Superman ??

Don't need to be Superman to stand up for yourself, even if it meant getting a beating from these schoolboys, i am not a fighter, but had it been my girlfriend or wife i would have fought as hard as i could to defend them

And again, you judge a situation you don't know anything about... YOU WERENT THERE!

And by fighting for your woman like you say you would have, you probably would have died doing so, because you don't bring your fist to a knife fight... (I know it is not the expression...).

Yes, the knives were mentioned in most articles, one exemple from Reuters : http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-cambodia-rape-idUSKCN0W33E3

Again before judging what you would have done, try at least to know the real situation, then you can try to guess (I say try because it is not possible to know how you would really react).

Either way, what to you gain by saying something like that, other than feeding your ego by diminishing these traumatized victime, what a great human being you are...

Even without a knife, I would like to see you and a normal guy (everybody isn't a navy seal trained to kill believe it or not) fighting five other guys, barely a fair fight, the odds are highly against you, and don't judge a book by its cover, some people don't look like much but they can kick the ass of a bodybuilder anytime...

Again, show some respect for the victims, it was not their fault.

Compassion please.

Isn't it enough to just praise the fact that they ended up alive and to wish them a prompt recovery?

Edited by fab99

Pure comedy- gold!

Interesting statement of the deputy commander RTP.

How in the h@#$ are they going to keep their eyes on guys that swim ashore from a boat anchored off the hundreds of kilometers of Thailand's coastline and the who knows how many islands and atolls??? Another case of RTP opening their mouth before engaging their brains, that is they have any.

Oh I get it, he said it to support the RTN wanting submarines.

LOL in LOS!@#$%

Pure comedy- gold!

Interesting statement of the deputy commander RTP.

How in the h@#$ are they going to keep their eyes on guys that swim ashore from a boat anchored off the hundreds of kilometers of Thailand's coastline and the who knows how many islands and atolls??? Another case of RTP opening their mouth before engaging their brains, that is they have any.

Oh I get it, he said it to support the RTN wanting submarines.

LOL in LOS!@#$%

It is just to try to save face again, reinsure tourists by puttting the blame for all the crimes in Thailand on migrants, because we all know Thai people are incapable of such things...

Despicable... how stupid and uninformed do they think people are?

Don't see anything in the report about knives being used, had the two men stood up for themselves and their women the outcome for the two poor ladies might have been very different, nothing to do with me being a "keyboard warrior"

It was a passing motorist that alerted the police according to the report yesterday

PS edit, looking at the picture again i mean really, hardly a scary bunch are they

Surely you jest?

Every one of them looks like they have rabies & are one step away from the set of the Walking Dead.