Thai lettering that looks like English

digbeth

I've seen people refer to certain products by a strange name, like the บรีส detergent here

1050_1.jpg

Some people called it USA....

Have you seen case of any other where due to choice of font, Thai words appear English

aast water

8850779595953L.jpg

Going the other way - English writing looking like Thai wink.png

attachicon.gifThai not English!.jpg

Available here for free:- http://www.fontpalace.com/font-details/AW+Siam+English+not+Thai/

Download the .TTF file and place in your Fonts folder. Computer - System disk - Windows - Fonts.

Have fun biggrin.png

I downloaded it and hit 'open', but it is a .ttf file that opens in ACDSee Quick view, a program on my computer that I never use.

Is there an easy way to get these fonts going in Notepad or Microsoft Word (.docx)?

I don't want to spend all morning trying to figure it out...

Going the other way - English writing looking like Thai wink.png

attachicon.gifThai not English!.jpg

Available here for free:- http://www.fontpalace.com/font-details/AW+Siam+English+not+Thai/

Download the .TTF file and place in your Fonts folder. Computer - System disk - Windows - Fonts.

Have fun biggrin.png

Ignore that request. I figured it out. I just had to open in Windows rather than the default ACDSee QuickView. thanks again

Do you really think they try to imitate Latin ( sorry, not English, these letters are common to many other languages ) letters ? Thai language allows many artistic interpretations, these ones are only some of them

Do you really think they try to imitate Latin ( sorry, not English, these letters are common to many other languages ) letters ? Thai language allows many artistic interpretations, these ones are only some of them

No, I don't think that's what people are saying. They're just pointing out examples when Thai script could be mistaken by the reader for Roman / Latin script- especially for people who grew up speaking the Western language. It's a pretty simple concept.