Is it easy to send money from Thailand to UK

Sawadee.

I don't know weather or not this is the right forum. If not then please move me on. My question is, and i know it sounds stupid But this is Thailand remember.. I want to send some Money to my Bank in UK from my SCB Account here in Thailand. Has anyone had any experience with this. Every time i go to the Main Bank they look at me like i am i piece of Dog Turd on the bottom of there shoe..Will i get Hassle about it. Or if Miracles were to happen might agree with my request. beatdeadhorse.gif

Thank You..coffee1.gif

The "best" method would really depend on the amount you wish to transfer.

There are many ways of transfer, from your bank, via another bank, western union, moneygram, and even Paypal.

Just depends how much and how quickly you want it done.smile.png

I know the feeling of being looked at like that. I don't know about SCB, but many years ago I went to Kasikorn bank in Siam Paragon, Bangkok, where they are used to dealing with foreigners and they were very friendly. It was very simple to do a SWIFT transfer to the UK.

After that, as I worked in Thailand, I then opened internet banking with Bangkok Bank. Once you set it up, you can do SWIFT yourself completely online, which saves having to go into a bank and enduring the puzzled looks you get in some places!

The latest way I tried was a company called TransferWise - created by the same people who made Skype. They are a little cheaper than banks because they match people wanting to send UK to Thailand with people wanting to send Thailand to the UK. I tried it on Feb15th and they said the money would be in the UK on Feb 22nd. In fact, it only took two days. It was slightly better rates that Bangkok Bank would have used for SWIFT and the fee was slightly less.