Which nationalities have the world's most powerful passports?

webfact

Which nationalities have the world's most powerful passports?
STAFF WRITER

most-powerful-passports.jpg
Featured image is by hjl and used under a Creative Commons licence

BANGKOK: -- It’s easy to take for granted the ease in which we can visit most countries as a Westerner.

Most of the time, it’s a case of popping out the passport and booking a flight – to almost anywhere we want to go in the world.

Sure, longer stays can be problematic and generally require some form of visas and supporting documentation, but when it comes to a cosy couple of weeks or a weekend jaunt, we’re generally all set with minimal issues.

A new index by immigration company Henley & Partners has compiled rankings for every country in the world to figure out which has the most powerful passport – as in, which passports can enter the most amount of countries without needing a visa.

Here’s the top ten rankings, along with the number of countries they can enter visa-free:

1. Germany (177)
2. Sweden (176)
3. Finland, France, Italy, Spain, UK (175)
4. Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, USA (174)
5. Austria, Japan, Singapore (173)
6. Canada, Ireland, South Korea, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland (172)
7. Greece, New Zealand (171)
8. Australia (169)
9. Malta (168)
10.Hungary, Czech Republic, Iceland (167)

Predictably, European countries dominate the top ten, interspersed with a few other major Western players when it comes to international diplomacy; namely, the US, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.

Full story: http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/which-nationalities-have-the-worlds-most-powerful-passports/

whats-on-sukhumvit.png
-- (c) What's on Sukhumvit 2016-03-03

1. Germany (177)

2. Sweden (176)

Is there a wonder now why all those so called ' refugees ' making a beeline to the above countries?.......

How about we stop bombing these places, funding horrible dictators and pushing neo-liberal policies that decimate their economies - then there would be no refugee problem, it ain't rocket science.

But I guess it is just easier to say moronic statements. The country helping the most refugees isn't in Europe, it is Lebanon.

1. Germany (177)

2. Sweden (176)

Is there a wonder now why all those so called ' refugees ' making a beeline to the above countries?.......

In case you didn't get it, the number is the countries Swedes and Germans can enter without visa, not the other way around.

1. Germany (177)

2. Sweden (176)

How about we stop bombing these places, funding horrible dictators and pushing neo-liberal policies that decimate their economies - then there would be no refugee problem, it ain't rocket science.

But I guess it is just easier to say moronic statements. The country helping the most refugees isn't in Europe, it is Lebanon.

Not true as a large percentage are economic so there will always be refugees looking to improve their lifestyle either through government handouts, work or both.

well we know Merkel invited everyone to come !!blink.png

germans have a big problem with their own past. having killed millions of innocents weighs heavy on the national concisions.

germany also is best positioned to absorb the economic impact (positive and negative) of all these people flooding into their country.

and unlike many other politicians merkel has made an unpopular choice for the benefit of the needy - which stands in stark contrast to the f - off attitude of the australians, f.e.

1. Germany (177)

2. Sweden (176)

Not true as a large percentage are economic so there will always be refugees looking to improve their lifestyle either through government handouts, work or both.

What ???

The number of Syrians leaving Syria has been great during recent years. They're leaving because of the fighting in Syria. The number of Syrians leaving Syria BEFORE the war was very little compared to now. If they was leaving because of economic reasons, well, loads would have left BEFORE the fighting started.

1. Germany (177)

2. Sweden (176)

+1

1. Germany (177)

2. Sweden (176)

In case you didn't get it, the number is the countries Swedes and Germans can enter without visa, not the other way around.

Thanks for this.

I'm giggling my head off. :)

germans have a big problem with their own past. having killed millions of innocents weighs heavy on the national concisions.

germany also is best positioned to absorb the economic impact (positive and negative) of all these people flooding into their country.

and unlike many other politicians merkel has made an unpopular choice for the benefit of the needy - which stands in stark contrast to the f - off attitude of the australians, f.e.

hmmm .... I must say I quite like the attitude of australia ....... i think many here feel the same. blink.png

Can you point out the 'needy' ones from the opportunists please?

Merkels 'choice' steamrolled over the choices of numerous neighbouring countries as well.

Here’s the top ten rankings, along with the number of countries they can enter visa-free:

1. Germany (177)

Great. Now I just need to win the lottery or be really successful with some go-fund-me-scheme to use my newfound superpowers...

And can my passport please be enhanced to grant me residency in Canada or NZ just in case it won't be so nice in Germany anymore in some 10 years from now?