World considers a Trump presidency, and many shudder

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't - saying Trump is "using the same methods" as Hitler and Mussolini is not implying that he is of equivalent moral evil, or that he will build concentration camps.

It is saying he uses appeals to lowest common denominator fears and the definition of certain groups in society as enemies to be feared and combated as a way of accumulating and mobilising support.

He clearly IS doing this, and his inflammatory statements, in their crassness and immaturity, go far beyond any accepted standards of political discussion and into the area of wild extremism.

He is too stupid to be Hitler, but he works the same way.

There are many blood sucking parasites around the world that are opening their mouths to drivel and have a vested interest in the way things are- status quo. From those abusing the US in trade to those racing the nuclear clocks to those building caliphate infrastructure to those racing ahead of realities to force a new EU, their protests against Trump validate why Trump is so popular- because most of these people opposing Trump just suck! In other words, from Merkel to Salon to HRC to Zuckerburg to China to Iran to NK ad naseum, Americas are equally sick of you and all your ilk.

1. People are appalled at the progressive and parasitic ideologies and peoples around the world taking advantage of the US and selling the US down the river under the cover of "for the children, the environment, the refugees, the migrants, war on women, war on poverty, war on drugs, war on 1%, 99%, 47%, global warming, climate change, carbon tax, co2, the illegals, the free trade, the right to... NWO, NATO, DAESH, white privilege, al Nursa, NAFTA, GATT, TPP, our lives matter, Arab Spring, cops suck, caliphate, islam, white guilt, islamic jihad," etc.

2. Trump acts as a lightening rod for so much of the angst that is the largely dispossessed American center, left, and right.

3. People around the world taking advantage of the US and selling the US down the river are appalled at Trump.

4. The circle could not be more elementary than this. Each time one of these mouthpieces offers their "sky is falling" diatribe to the media it actually gives testimony to why Trump is popular.

You forgot to mention the Girl Scouts.

An African American perspective?

Huh?
For some reason it kept deleting the link to YouTube ...

You probably would Not have liked it though I thought it was interesting..

It was a very articulate non Republican African American explaining why he thought African Americans should vote for Trump instead of Democrats.

I'm in a bit of an odd position this year.. Finding myself likely to vote for Trump if my first choice does not make it through the primary

I would not vote for Rubio or Cruz and while There are a number of issues that I disagree with Trump , there are enough that I do agree with that would make him my 2nd Choice

Disagree with deporting millions/ banning Muslims to enter the country/ don't like the aggressive way he attacks people who he does not agree with. Disagree with stance on Drug war (prohibition has never worked). But honestly do not think he could deport millions, just not feasible and think he would need cooperation of Congress, courts and bureaucracy for Many of these things and do not believe he would get this. So

Don't think they would happen even if he gets elected

I don't really care one way or the other about building a wall, so long as tax payer money not used.

And differs from other Republicans he has said that while he does not agree with abortions, he believes planned parenthood is a good organization that has helped many women.

And while he has said he is against Obama care, he has said that he believes no American should be without care-- which read between lines thinking he is at least open to type of universal healthcare although he can't say it in the primaries

Primarily it is his positions on trying to bring factory jobs back to US / against TPP/ set on negotiating with Drug companies and other gov supplier to get costs down

I think the country must move to single payer health insurance but for such a program to be viable .. The drug costs and other cost must come down and would also require some torte controls

And honestly do not believe Hillary would ever take on Drug companies or other corporate interests

At the end of the day, it's mainly Social policy that disagree with him strongly but social policies will normally be sorted by the courts in the long term.

Also trust that Obama will nominate the next Supreme Court justice.. No way he would not.. And do not think Republicans can really block such a nomination without paying a high cost that likely to hurt them in an election year and if they really

Block hard, it could lead to Republicans loosing seats in Congress. As American hate that kind of blocking business by Congress

Worst case, if they do block the SCOTUS nomination, trust if Trump wins election, Obama would make a recess appointment before handing over the White House

Which while not permanent solution would likely last a year or so.. And then would expect a lot of cases to be heard fairly quickly by SCOTUS and conservative judges tend to respect precedent and so less likely to overturn what a previous SCOTUS has decided

Sorry for the long winded post but see a lot posts by people who really hate Trump and just want to explain how and why someone who would vote for Sanders could ever vote for Trump... At least this is my personal reason

Edited by CWMcMurray

I'm in a bit of an odd position this year.. Finding myself likely to vote for Trump if my first choice does not make it through the primary

Good post and similar to my own thinking. I only started to really consider Trump when Ben Carson recommended him. I have lot of faith in Ben Carson, but he had no political experience and is out of the running.

I made up my mind when I saw the leftwing thugs attacking his supporters and shutting down his freedom of speech. These criminals are scum and the fact that they hate him so much is an indication that he must be doing something right.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Good post and similar to my own thinking. I only started to really consider Trump when Ben Carson recommended him. I have lot of faith in Ben Carson, but he had no political experience and is out of the running.

I made up my mind when I saw the leftwing thugs attacking his supporters and shutting down his freedom of speech. These criminals are scum and the fact that they hate him so much is an indication that he must be doing something right.

You like to call left wing supporters scum. We think the same about you. You are older than us and you and your racist types will have less and less control. I know you are angry about this but say goodbye to the past. The angry old man white generation is past. please turn the lights out.

You like to call left wing supporters scum. We think the same about you.

Are you going to peaceful political rallies and beating up people that you disagree with and interrupting candidates that you don't like? They ARE scum, whether you like it or not.

I could care less what selfish, violent criminals that violate the 1st amendment think about me and people who label people that they don't even know as "racists" just prove how ignorant they are.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I think this is getting seriously dangerous

There are certainly echoes of 1930s Germany

Yes, Trump is the alpha male just like an Aryan brown shirt

Hitler also appealed to the less well educated masses by recognising their fears and offering solutions based on blaming others and harking back to halcyon days of yore.

There really could be a civil war here.

Yes I'm a social democrat and I hate all the right wing bile which no doubt goes down well with gun toting red necks wrapped in the confederate flag

I just hope that the intellectuals, the educated, the young, the women, the gays, the Hispanics, the blacks and educated white males prevail.

If Trump gets through, it will be the end of super power status.....

Hitler also appealed to the less well educated masses by recognising their fears and offering solutions based on blaming others and harking back to halcyon days of yore.

Yes I'm a social democrat and I hate all the right wing bile which no doubt goes down well with gun toting red necks wrapped in the confederate flag

I just hope that the intellectuals, the educated, the young, the women, the gays, the Hispanics, the blacks and educated white males prevail.

It takes a lot more than this to bring down a superpower. Look how long Britain has been hanging on to vestiges and pieces of superpower status, not to mention hanger-on France.

The Trump craze will pass soon as he's defeated by Clinton (I don't like her, but at least she's a steady if not sleazy workman at the job of President), and then the Republican party will have to go into some serious soul searching for meaning, identity, and most of all relevance, after this year. I suspect there will also be fallout in that the Dems may regain control of the Senate and top it off with a Supreme Court appointment to boot.

The danger is that the Dems (particularly with Cruela de Vil as President), will get too full of themselves and consider this some sort of mandate. They face the same downfall as the GOP, just in their own time.

The again, I could be wrong, and we will be pledging allegiance to President Biff. blink.png

Trump must be defeated. Donald Duck would be better than Donald Trump. What a horrific divisive movement of hate that he's spawned. Sick sick mentally deranged psychopath as president. It can't happen.

Edited by Jingthing

Trump must be defeated. Donald Duck would be better than Donald Trump. What a horrific divisive movement of hate that he's spawned. Sick sick mentally deranged psychopath as president. It can't happen.

I think you ate in some restaurant that gave you food poison. You are very hostile today. If it continues see a doctor tomorrow

Trump inspires hostility. You ain't seen nothing yet. There will be riots in Cleveland. That's obvious already. Republicans ought to relocate the convention now to some redneck area.

He's studied the methods of Hitler and Mussolini well. That's what he's on to. It's seductive.

Oh stop it. These comparisons to Mussolini and Hitler are offensive. Trump is nowhere close in terms of philosophy or practice.

The continued claims that he is the same reduces the Holocaust to a trivial event, the genocide that accompanied the Italian occupation of North Africa as a romp in the park, and the brutality, death and destruction of WWII as a non event.

Let's get something straight: Trump is not calling for the invasion of any country, nor the extermination of anyone.

Some people don't like him because he's living life to its fullest and has no fear. He's an alpha male. Get over it.

Trump is much closer to Benito Mussolini than to anyone else.

Hitler gassed and otherwise mass murdered 11 million people (more than half of 'em Jewish) while Trump shows no signs of any such thing.

Trump does want to deport 11 million people present in the USA so I'd hate to speculate what he might do when he finds out he can't do it. Ike deported a much smaller number ever so quietly.

FDR imprisoned Japanese Americans in 1942 which might provide a precedent for Trump to cite. Trump has already cited Ike's ghastly program of a mass expulsion. Trump however is not yet going to speak openly of concentration camps; he'd need to be elected first which isn't going to occur anyway.

Mussolini invaded and conquered Ethiopia but we can rest assured Trump won't invade Mexico. As with Mussolini, Trump focuses his very limited-appeal unique American fascism domestically.

Trump won't do much in foreign policy cause he doesn't know the first thing about any of it. This hasn't stopped him yet yes, but whoever is elected Potus, she will inherit the Obama generals and admirals with the selected successors to them already in the pipeline. She will also very likely get a Democratic party majority controlled Senate with a significantly reduced Republican majority in the House.

It's been said for a hundred years that when a uniquely American fascism develops, it will arrive wrapped in the flag and holding a cross extended in hand. It always was however going to appeal to a small minority of crackpots and nothing more. This is exactly what we are witnessing and experiencing.

When the Republican party gets beaten in the next presidential election, they will have the usual post-mortem on why they lost and what they need to do in the future to win.

They will come to the same conclusion on the remedy as they always do. Yet another lurch further to the right

It's more than a small minority being seduced by Trumpist fascism but hopefully never a majority. On the other hand he has managed a hostile takeover of the republican party without even a majority of republicans. Their mistake by not recognizing the threat earlier. If they had all dropped out earlier except Kasich or even Jeb they would have easily beaten him one on one.

BTW ... people aren't going to stop labeling Trump as a psychopathic demagogue because that's exactly what he is. Textbook. The world sees that.

Edited by Jingthing

I think you ate in some restaurant that gave you food poison. You are very hostile today. If it continues see a doctor tomorrow

Trump inspires hostility. You ain't seen nothing yet. There will be riots in Cleveland. That's obvious already. Republicans ought to relocate the convention now to some redneck area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Democratic_National_Convention

These same fools the freeloaders did the same in 1968 to Democratic Convention in Chicago

If they Riot this time Trump will be the President

Also their were riots in LA and NYC before that

Tell us about the riots Lincoln had during the Civil War

All this before Trump

Even Thailand And Sweden and Finland had Riots Riots are normal relax and stop blaming Trump for Freeloaders

Edited by HenryB

Great idea only smart people like you and Jingthing should be allowed to votes plus the fools are welfare and food stamps. Let us not forget the illegals should be given free voting rights also

Splendid idea! Suffrage for all? Don't make me laugh!

Seriously, I hope the number of well balanced Americans more than balance the unbalanced!

It takes a lot more than this to bring down a superpower. Look how long Britain has been hanging on to vestiges and pieces of superpower status, not to mention hanger-on France.

The Trump craze will pass soon as he's defeated by Clinton (I don't like her, but at least she's a steady if not sleazy workman at the job of President), and then the Republican party will have to go into some serious soul searching for meaning, identity, and most of all relevance, after this year. I suspect there will also be fallout in that the Dems may regain control of the Senate and top it off with a Supreme Court appointment to boot.

The danger is that the Dems (particularly with Cruela de Vil as President), will get too full of themselves and consider this some sort of mandate. They face the same downfall as the GOP, just in their own time.

The again, I could be wrong, and we will be pledging allegiance to President Biff. blink.png

Great Britain was the super power for 250 years. You have held that title for 70. Please don't fritter it away. Use the power wisely

In your opinion, which group assumed the role of the Brown Shirts in Chicago?

The Trump supporters or the Anti-Trump protesters.

When the Republican party gets beaten in the next presidential election, they will have the usual post-mortem on why they lost and what they need to do in the future to win.

They will come to the same conclusion on the remedy as they always do. Yet another lurch further to the right

The far out right in control of the Republican party is fumbling and bumbling its way to a bashing by the vast moderate and centrist American middle of the road electorate.

November 8th the rightwhingenut controlled Republican party is going to get a swift knee to the gut and a lead pipe whack on the back of the head. It's a cinch it will be wholly and completely discredited by the Americans voters.

The Republican right has no future and this campaign is its terminal velocity headlong headfirst charge into the political brick wall. The US party system, which has btw no mention in the Constitution, will regroup, realign, increase to three or four of 'em then move along to the next election.

For the long term better and perhaps for the worse in certain short term respects. The Republic will endure, thrive, prosper all the same. We will be after all rid of the lunatic racial old white right at last and for good as an effective political or cultural presence or force.

Hallelujah and let's get on finishing what they started. One could feel like Dr. Kevorkian.

Got the geography mixed up again.

The Brown Shirts are outside the door on the streets and in the halls of government right here.

Recall the Democratic National Riot Convention in Chicago of 1968 centered around Mayor Big Dick Daley. It sank the D party in the election that year so the full circle has now closed on the opposite side of Grant Park. The Republican party this year in the control of the lunar right is going under.

http://www.history.com/topics/1960s/videos/violence-batters-1968-democratic-convention

Hello Cleveland 2016.

Edited by Publicus

Trumpites are brown shirts

Protestors are communists

Are you being facetious?

The Brown Shirts are outside the door on the streets and in the halls of government right here.

Recall the Democratic National Riot Convention in Chicago of 1968 centered around Mayor Big Dick Daley. It sank the D party in the election that year so the full circle has now closed on the opposite side of Grant Park. The Republican party this year in the control of the lunar right is going under.

http://www.history.com/topics/1960s/videos/violence-batters-1968-democratic-convention

Hello Cleveland 2016.

I was referring to the Sturmabteilung (SA) c. 1934 before the night of the long knives.

Hello Cleveland 2016.

I was referring to the Sturmabteilung (SA) c. 1934 before the night of the long knives.

Interesting, as I thought that was who you were referring to. This is how Wikipedia describes the Brown Shirts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sturmabteilung (SA; German pronunciation: [ˈʃtʊɐ̯mʔapˌtaɪlʊŋ] (13px-Speaker_Icon.svg.png listen); literally "Storm Detachment") functioned as the original paramilitary wing of the Nazi Party.

It played a significant role in Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the 1920s and 1930s. Their primary purposes were providing protection for Nazi rallies and assemblies, disrupting the meetings of opposing parties, fighting against the paramilitary units of the opposing parties, especially the Red Front Fighters League of the Communist Party of Germany (KPD), and intimidating Slavic and Romani citizens, unionists, and Jews – for instance, during the Nazi boycott of Jewish businesses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Did you catch this little bit from the quote?

" disrupting the meetings of opposing parties "

Yeah, I thought not.

Edited by chuckd