Sorayuth quits his news programmes

webfact

What is it with those PTP supporters always defending corruption and finding a plot behind everything. I bet they love Charlem with his third hand too. The guy was corrupt its proven, people put pressure on him to step down as he is a bad example.

Wow a corrupt person gets punished, i can only applaud it while the PTP lovers hate it.. Guess they love corruption, that explains their love for Thaksin. Its always someone else his mistake.. the guy stole.. the guy is corrupt just accept it and be happy corrupt guys get punished. 130 million is not a little bit and paying it back does not make it good.

once more Robbo intercepts a topic to remind us all about PTP, Shins, Thaksin, not much going on in the office today?

Sorry to offend you but its the usual red mob here that defends corruption. Is it that hard to applaud when corruption is being punished. The guy stole 130 million got caught.. paid it back and thinks its all good.

Just drawing parallels between the PTP lovers here always defending other corrupt practices. Just look who are defending this guy. They your MOB.

your simplistic

good = yellow

bad = red

mentality is quite embarrassing as is your 'They your MOB' whatever that means! anyway back on topic?

The point is not that 'did he do something wrong'? but WHY he was singled out and I KNOW that this point is rather sophisticated for your "it's all Thaksin's and PTP's fault" mentality but true, it is, nonetheless!

Oh poor baby.. he was singled out.. just like all your heroes. He should not break the law then he would be safe. He stole 130 million, that is not singling out that is fighting corruption.

Your simplistic.. when its one you like.. oh singled out.. Why not accept that corruption needs to be punished no matter who they are.

I applaud for anyone who gets caught and convicted. You seem to only moan about it. Just shows your state of mind.

His instagram message has received 79,000 likes and 18,000 comments. Popular guy. Hope he returns to host his show, it's not the same without him.

His face has been on the screens pretty much 24/7 for the last 10 years. He did a good job but now his reputation is in tatters. 60 plus million people in Thailand. Surely there is someone out there who can do what he did. Time for a fresh start with some new blood no?

I only watched for his cute sidekick Khun Bright

In a way this is a bit confusing. The simple fact you can appeal a conviction strongly suggests that people know the lower courts are corrupt so appeals offer a chance to get a more fair trial in a higher court. That is how I read it anyway.

Enforcement of the law is directly related to how important you are - or perceived to be. On the basis that it's not politically correct in Thailand to kick a little-big-man's arsse into jail (smile.png) the following scenario usually applies (as it surely will with this Sorryuth character): he is convicted and jailed in the court of first instance (tick); he is granted bail (tick); he takes his case to the Appeals Court (about to be ticked); this court then finds him not guilty; prosecutors take the case to the Supreme Court, which overturns the Appeals Court ruling and sentences little-big-man to three years in jail, reduced to two because he cooperated (whether he did or not), and then suspended, with a fine of pocket change. Little-big-man then walks free, cocking his snoot at society.

Yes sad isnt it.. one law for the rich and one for the poor.

I notice that you and many of these watchdogs, privtate companies etc have been mysteriously silent on Sondhi still be on TV, radio etc despite him also being convicted of fraud....... I wonder why that would be.

In a way this is a bit confusing. The simple fact you can appeal a conviction strongly suggests that people know the lower courts are corrupt so appeals offer a chance to get a more fair trial in a higher court. That is how I read it anyway.

Enforcement of the law is directly related to how important you are - or perceived to be. On the basis that it's not politically correct in Thailand to kick a little-big-man's arsse into jail (smile.png) the following scenario usually applies (as it surely will with this Sorryuth character): he is convicted and jailed in the court of first instance (tick); he is granted bail (tick); he takes his case to the Appeals Court (about to be ticked); this court then finds him not guilty; prosecutors take the case to the Supreme Court, which overturns the Appeals Court ruling and sentences little-big-man to three years in jail, reduced to two because he cooperated (whether he did or not), and then suspended, with a fine of pocket change. Little-big-man then walks free, cocking his snoot at society.

Yes sad isnt it.. one law for the rich and one for the poor.

I notice that you and many of these watchdogs, privtate companies etc have been mysteriously silent on Sondhi still be on TV, radio etc despite him also being convicted of fraud....... I wonder why that would be.

Cause Songhi is yellow.

Yellow = good.

Check post #30

There is no condoning what he did, but TV 3 may find that he enriched the station, the station didn't enrich him and in the future recognize the role of talent in generating revenues by rewarding them instead of paying the number one guy in Thailand a measly 5k baht per show.

No law against a convicted person to be employed. He was chastised by the good Bangkokian and the pressure from the good doers were enough to drive him out of the office. Same group that didn't do the same to Sondhi; similar crime. Problem is that he is neutral of both color divide. No enough for the yellows. He is a personality, hi-so and Bangkokian and must take their side. He didn't and pay the price.

Sorayuth is just about the highest profile media figure there is. You can't turn on the TV, or at least you couldn't until yesterday, without seeing his face. I can't remember the last time i saw Sondhi. Level of TV exposure on a different planet. That's more likely why people have been silent on him.

Of course though in some people's minds, everything is a conspiracy.

Sorayuth is just about the highest profile media figure there is. You can't turn on the TV, or at least you couldn't until yesterday, without seeing his face. I can't remember the last time i saw Sondhi. Level of TV exposure on a different planet. That's more likely why people have been silent on him.

Of course though in some people's minds, everything is a conspiracy.

Indeed, its a conspiracy.. i wonder how those tinfoil hats fit.

Anyway, if Sondhi his advertisers boycot him too then he too will be forced of screen. Its up to the advertisers (but I would like to see him go too). If he funds the show himself then tough luck or if his advertisers don't care tough luck. (i do think he should be off screen too why have crooks on TV) But without pushing they will never go away Sorayuth wanted to stay only when money came in play did he step down.

Strange way to read it. In most judicial systems you have a right to an appeal. The fact that you do doesn't in itself imply a corrupt court. This is simply about convicted people stringing things out as long as they can. It's what all the rich people do here. They keep playing the delaying game until they no longer can, and then they run away to another country.

Sorayuth should have done what Martha Stewart did. Admit his crimes, show some contrition, accept his punishment, go to jail, do the time, come out, write a best seller and build his TV career back up again.

13 years is a long time in jail.

The bad channel 3 presenters versus the good astv media mogul/presenter.

State run TV station versus private TV station.

State TV generally means being held to higher standards.

I'm sure Sorayuth could get work on a private TV station. Or indeed, with all that money, he could just start his own TV station.

Strange way to read it. In most judicial systems you have a right to an appeal. The fact that you do doesn't in itself imply a corrupt court. This is simply about convicted people stringing things out as long as they can. It's what all the rich people do here. They keep playing the delaying game until they no longer can, and then they run away to another country.

Sorayuth should have done what Martha Stewart did. Admit his crimes, show some contrition, accept his punishment, go to jail, do the time, come out, write a best seller and build his TV career back up again.

Yes but who ever serves their full sentence, especially with white collar crime? Doubt he would serve more than a few years.

Yes but who ever serves their full sentence, especially with white collar crime? Doubt he would serve more than a few years.

But even a few years will send a signal. It should be more common that the high and mighty end up in jail.

But even a few years will send a signal. It should be more common that the high and mighty end up in jail.

Frankly, even a week or two behind bars would be a start when it comes to the upper echelons of society! How hard would that be? Not even as if they would be in with the "riff raff".

should be in chains alongside the rest of the convicted crooks, but they are poor. Instead it will be over a decade of appeals and dodging justice, along the way he will probably be pleading some sort of medical condition as they usually do leading to an eventual suspended sentence, utterly disgraceful.

no one is against the 'high and mighty' ending in jail and, personally, I am against ALL corruption but you are missing the POINT.

This is all about the colour shirt you wear, but you just don't seem to get it and I don't hear you bleating about the Park scandal, or the Mega Rich army brass or the tons of elite rich yellows you support

I'm sure Sorayuth could get work on a private TV station. Or indeed, with all that money, he could just start his own TV station.

Is channel 3 state run? I thought it was part if the Maleenont group.

no one is against the 'high and mighty' ending in jail and, personally, I am against ALL corruption but you are missing the POINT.

This is all about the colour shirt you wear, but you just don't seem to get it and I don't hear you bleating about the Park scandal, or the Mega Rich army brass or the tons of elite rich yellows you support

Then you should read better, I have said a few times I was against the corruption on the park scandal too. I am against all corruption, your the one that start to cry when someone you like gets caught.

But did you not know this guy was known for his Independence like neither red nor yellow.

Is channel 3 state run? I thought it was part if the Maleenont group.

Channel 3, like other free-to-air channels are owned by the state. BEC (the Maleenont family) have a licence to run the channel.

Pracha Maleenont (the former boss) is currently on the run from his conviction in the Samak fire-truck fraud.

Correction:

Channel 3 is jointly owned by BEC & MCOT. Other free-to-air channles are owned by various entities (Army, MCOT, etc).

Edited by khunken

To better refine what I was saying, if your given jail time you can appeal but it is done from your jail cell. So it is not really an appeal, it is overturning a conviction. In Thailand it is more like getting options from different doctors on some diagnosis.

Don't blame this guy if he wants to appeal. One can get away with anything in Thailand, just consider the things that Suthep got away with, misappropiating government land for rich friends etc. all the cash donations that he collected for "poor Thai farmers" have disappeared into the either. Must be the biggest corrupted politician of all time.

Don't blame this guy if he wants to appeal. One can get away with anything in Thailand, just consider the things that Suthep got away with, misappropiating government land for rich friends etc. all the cash donations that he collected for "poor Thai farmers" have disappeared into the either. Must be the biggest corrupted politician of all time.

No he can't compete with Thaksin who is in a different league.If we compare to football, Suthep was challenging near the top of the Championship League, whilst Thaksin was the Man U or should I say Man City, (or perhaps Leicester- owned by Thais) of The Premier League.

Thaksin changed laws to benefit his companies..