PM accuses his opponents of attempting to sabotage the country

rooster59

that the next government is transparent, not corrupt and practice good governance

Those words don't sit well with these "opponents" of which despise this dream that Paryut and the majority of Thai's want which is transparency, lack of corruption and good governance.

If I didn't respect the above I would be making as much noise as I could to and trying my hardest to "sabotage the country"

Well done Prayut. He must be doing something right when the corrupt are up in arms.

"Those words don't sit well with these "opponents" of which despise this dream that Paryut and the majority of Thai's want which is transparency, lack of corruption and good governance."

No one (AFAIK) here on TVF is against "transparency, lack of corruption and good governance". What I and many other question is the will and ability of the junta to deliver this. If they really wanted to change Thailand for the better they would welcome inquiries about their personal wealth, reform the military, police and judiciary (for a start).

Tell me; why is none of this happening?

Well, someone needs to run the countryrolleyes.gif

Yep. Luckily the guys that treat the majority with respect as opposed to the the ones that treat them with contempt are in power now.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me get you handful of posters right, you do not care what sort of government is elected as long as it is elected------if it is mega undemocratic and flouts the law when in office it is deemed to be ok-----when it hardly can account for 1 trillion baht sort of MISSING it's ok--------when the PTP in connection with the Shins--reds is knowingly governed from the middle east etc its ok-------when the PM of the day fails to chair meetings in government--rice committee--minister of defense it's ok-------near all election promises were ditched it's ok.

All the above is fine because they were elected. ??? They had to go and everyone however loyal has to admit now it was bad.

Prayut------ however persons dislike army rule, is governing the country far better than the last lot. Not my choice but will go along with anything that is an improvement.

Please tell me about the thousands that are in camps being brainwashed ??? freedom of expression exists or you minority would be in the bin being brainwashed.-------Hard line disruptive-dangerous people have to be brought to heel as in most countries.

Finally it must be difficult when your stuck with an opinion and it backfires, the only way out is a name change on TVF like so many who already have done it.

Posters that have faith in any PM who is in power who is trying his -her best, need not lose face.

"Prayut------ however persons dislike army rule, is governing the country far better than the last lot."

Plummeting exports and FDI.

Lowest growth in ASEAN & the threat of deflation.

Blatantly biased against his opposition, causing a deepening political divide that is bound to explode once the lid is finally removed from the simmering pot.

Trying to force an undemocratic, archaic constitution, that ensures future conflict, on an unwilling populace, that has a choice of acceptance or continued military rule.

I imagine if you asked the country they would prefer 'the last lot'. Shame they are not allowed a voice!

that the next government is transparent, not corrupt and practice good governance

Those words don't sit well with these "opponents" of which despise this dream that Paryut and the majority of Thai's want which is transparency, lack of corruption and good governance.

If I didn't respect the above I would be making as much noise as I could to and trying my hardest to "sabotage the country"

Well done Prayut. He must be doing something right when the corrupt are up in arms.

"Those words don't sit well with these "opponents" of which despise this dream that Paryut and the majority of Thai's want which is transparency, lack of corruption and good governance."

No one (AFAIK) here on TVF is against "transparency, lack of corruption and good governance". What I and many other question is the will and ability of the junta to deliver this. If they really wanted to change Thailand for the better they would welcome inquiries about their personal wealth, reform the military, police and judiciary (for a start).

Yep. Luckily the guys that treat the majority with respect as opposed to the the ones that treat them with contempt are in power now.

Yes, the junta respects the Thai people so much that they relived them of the burdensome task of voting!blink.png

"The prime minister maintained that the National Council for Peace and Order wanted to make sure that the next government would commit itself in performing what the people have wanted – that the next government is transparent, not corrupt and practice good governance."

Interesting that transparency, ending corruption and good governance are all left for the next government, even though this government has Article 44 power and answers to no one--it can govern any way it wants.

Interesting, but not surprising.

The powers that be have to stamp a hard line to try to end the Shizen left from the last lot, never mind about article this and article that.

You guys are the spoilers or try to be--fact is you have little to do with it all. Disruptive talk is your daily post.

I assume that all was hunky dory during the latter years and nothing needed altering-----as all that is coming out of your lots posts are complete negative rhetoric.

" ...never mind about article this and article that..."

In other words, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain ruling with unchecked power and writing a constitution to permanently emasculate democracy. Just remember 'But, but, but...Thaksin!'"

Let me get you handful of posters right, you do not care what sort of government is elected as long as it is elected------if it is mega undemocratic and flouts the law when in office it is deemed to be ok-----when it hardly can account for 1 trillion baht sort of MISSING it's ok--------when the PTP in connection with the Shins--reds is knowingly governed from the middle east etc its ok-------when the PM of the day fails to chair meetings in government--rice committee--minister of defense it's ok-------near all election promises were ditched it's ok.

All the above is fine because they were elected. ??? They had to go and everyone however loyal has to admit now it was bad.

Prayut------ however persons dislike army rule, is governing the country far better than the last lot. Not my choice but will go along with anything that is an improvement.

Please tell me about the thousands that are in camps being brainwashed ??? freedom of expression exists or you minority would be in the bin being brainwashed.-------Hard line disruptive-dangerous people have to be brought to heel as in most countries.

Finally it must be difficult when your stuck with an opinion and it backfires, the only way out is a name change on TVF like so many who already have done it.

Posters that have faith in any PM who is in power who is trying his -her best, need not lose face.

"Prayut------ however persons dislike army rule, is governing the country far better than the last lot. Not my choice but will go along with anything that is an improvement."

I disagree that the junta is governing the country better than the last elected government, and that speaks volumes about the junta.

"freedom of expression exists or you minority would be in the bin being brainwashed"

What minority are you rambling about?? Do you really think that those that support junta rule outnumber those that are opposed to it? If that was the case then why doesn't your hero legitimize his rule by calling election? After all the junta claims a 99.3 % approval rating, right?

"Posters that have faith in any PM who is in power who is trying his -her best, need not lose face."

Huh?

"Finally it must be difficult when your stuck with an opinion and it backfires, the only way out is a name change on TVF like so many who already have done it."

Are you actually gloating over the fact that many are afraid to express their opinions due to the junta's thin skinned approach to criticism??bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Edited by MZurf

"Prayut------ however persons dislike army rule, is governing the country far better than the last lot."

Blatantly biased against his opposition, causing a deepening political divide that is bound to explode once the lid is finally removed from the simmering pot.

Trying to force an undemocratic, archaic constitution, that ensures future conflict, on an unwilling populace, that has a choice of acceptance or continued military rule.

I imagine if you asked the country they would prefer 'the last lot'. Shame they are not allowed a voice!

Expected reply,

The lid came off the pot when the Shin red army tried to hog the nation

Keep dreaming you anti PM guys

Notice you did not respond to the trillion baht and lack of book keeping

Most countries are on this austerity mode----world recession---you would overlook this wouldn't you.

Not even attempting to recognize the mega problems says it all-------sums you guys up. I see the downside of military rule but I can sit on the fence and observe, difficult when you are only on one side of the fence suppose you have little choice but to try a Custers Last stand.

"The prime minister maintained that the National Council for Peace and Order wanted to make sure that the next government would commit itself in performing what the people have wanted – that the next government is transparent, not corrupt and practice good governance."

Interesting that transparency, ending corruption and good governance are all left for the next government, even though this government has Article 44 power and answers to no one--it can govern any way it wants.

The powers that be have to stamp a hard line to try to end the Shizen left from the last lot, never mind about article this and article that.

You guys are the spoilers or try to be--fact is you have little to do with it all. Disruptive talk is your daily post.

I assume that all was hunky dory during the latter years and nothing needed altering-----as all that is coming out of your lots posts are complete negative rhetoric.

In other words, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain ruling with unchecked power and writing a constitution to permanently emasculate democracy. Just remember 'But, but, but...Thaksin!'"

Usual ploy B. select minute part of a post to suit your agenda. ( please do remember the amnesty ) an 3 am.

You do not believe the PM is trying to stabalize a Thai nation that was split in half ---but we are not allowed to say by who---TRUTH Mr. T.

Un checked Rice ---un checked Tablets-------accounts not in order ?? and you have the audacity to slag off the PM.......I admire anyone who wil try to put the books straight, and slowly rid Thailand of the cancer--------Then when the time comes to have an election it will be on a peaceful---level playing field without overseas desert interference.

"Then when the time comes to have an election it will be on a peaceful---level playing field without overseas desert interference."

And I have some property to sell you close to the ocean in Nepal....coffee1.gif

Ah, the bogeyman. Still used to excuse everything the junta does for a small (and shrinking) group of "stalwarts" who actually believe the junta propaganda that what ails Thailand will disappear if the Shins are no longer able to have any influence.

The naivety is mind boggling.

You mean like the naivety all will be well with "let's just have an election", or "when the Shins return" ?

Exactly who believes all will be well if an election is held? I think no one, but quite a few of us believe that coups solve nothing. And after 19 coups that changed absolutely nothing except which snouts had access to the trough only the most naive think this time around will be different.

I have asked this question a hundred times but never gotten an answer from any of the junta supporters. Are you man enough to answer? Here goes:

After 19 coups/attempts what exactly about the present junta makes you believe that anything will be better?

No wonder the PM feel a need to accuse. All those elected governments in between junta's really don't help much.

"Are you man enough to answer?"

I guess not.

No I didn't My post is exactly what I wanted it to be.

A bit cowardly, you mean?

Cowardly? How so? Are you not bright enough to understand what I posted? Or are you hoping I will insult you directly? If you wish to be insulted directly please state so explicitly for the benefit of the moderators. Until then you'll have to be content with this:

You posted, in response to a suggestion for elections, "Thai people have shown not to be mature enough, just like the opponents the PM refers to seem like Amply Rich elite and petty adolescents who care about self only." Your poor grammar is confusing, but I take this to mean that you think the Thai people are too immature for elections.

I can think of only two reasons why expats who live in Thailand can regard the Thai people with such contempt; these expats are either tiny minded racists, or they only associate with the dregs of Thai society. Of course people who only associate with dregs are dregs themselves.

Any comments from the dregs?

Well that's nice. Comments from the dregs. Maybe watch the American pre-Presidential information too much?

So, PM Prayut accuses and all who don't condemn him are verbally abused here. Dragging our TVF down with them. Sad.

"So, PM Prayut accuses and all who don't condemn him are verbally abused here."

No, you were verbally abused for displaying undisguised contempt for the Thai people. A few others were verbally abused being out of touch with reality. Posting "all who don't condemn him are verbally abused" shows you are also out of touch with reality.

Usual ploy B. select minute part of a post to suit your agenda. ( please do remember the amnesty ) an 3 am.

You do not believe the PM is trying to stabalize a Thai nation that was split in half ---but we are not allowed to say by who---TRUTH Mr. T.

Un checked Rice ---un checked Tablets-------accounts not in order ?? and you have the audacity to slag off the PM.......I admire anyone who wil try to put the books straight, and slowly rid Thailand of the cancer--------Then when the time comes to have an election it will be on a peaceful---level playing field without overseas desert interference.

I was pointing out that you want to ignore the present, which is what the OP is about, and turn the post into another anti-Thaksin rant.

The PM has certainly eliminated the "cancer" of democracy, and is pushing a constitution that will keep elections meaningless and the traditional power-brokers, including the military, in charge. Other than that, what? Corruption is as bad as under elected government http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/how-does-thailand-rank-globally-for-corruption/ and promised elections keep getting pushed in to the future. You have no idea if books are being put in order because transparency under the junta is non-existent, just as it is in the military http://government.defenceindex.org/countries/thailand/.

I do remember the amnesty, it was killed to the fullest extent possible under the constitution written during the last military government. Of course for some people that wasn't good enough, in their opinion it could only be properly killed with a military coup, suspension of the constitution, and dissolution of all democratic institutions. Rational people think that is extreme overkill.

I won't comment on the rest of your post--not because I'm selecting a minute part of your post, I just find much of it incoherent. Have you been drinking again?

You guys are drifting off from the truth with the blanket amnesty bill. Also from the topic. Seems it is indeed necessary for the PM the accuse.

How am I drifting off from the truth on the amnesty bill? What action could the PTP have taken that was in accordance with the constitution that would have killed the amnesty bill to your satisfaction?

The PTP government not only killed the amnesty bill as much as law would allow, they also tried to give the Thia people the opportunity to elect a new government. That clearly wasn't good enough for you and others.

"Let me get you handful of posters right, you do not care what sort of government is elected as long as it is elected..."

We care, but respect the right of the Thai people to choose their government. The military and you obviously don't respect this right.

Only if you ignore corruption, declines in press freedom, human rights, and the economy, a failure to return to democracy, etc.

"freedom of expression exists"

Difficult to argue with that, because it would result in our suspension from Thai Visa. Perhaps you should take a look at this link: https://www.hrw.org/asia/thailand

"Hard line disruptive-dangerous people have to be brought to heel as in most countries."

Do you mean the man who made the mistake of "like"ing the wrong Facebook page. https://www.hrw.org/news/2015/12/11/thailand-junta-critic-feared-disappeared

"Finally it must be difficult when your stuck with an opinion and it backfires, the only way out is a name change on TVF like so many who already have done it."

I haven't changed my name or opinion on the merits of democracy versus military rule.

"Posters that have faith in any PM who is in power who is trying his -her best, need not lose face."

People who have faith in Prayuth need not lose face? I suppose that's true, in the eyes of intelligent people they have no "face" to lose.

We don't doubt that PM/General/Coup Leader Prayuth is trying his best, we worry about what is objective is. It isn't democracy.

Edit: Found this cute counter to your absurd "freedom of expression exists" claim: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/A-like-constitutes-an-act-of-conspiracy-30275797.html

Edited by heybruce

Expected reply,

Most countries are on this austerity mode----world recession---you would overlook this wouldn't you.

Not even attempting to recognize the mega problems says it all-------sums you guys up. I see the downside of military rule but I can sit on the fence and observe, difficult when you are only on one side of the fence suppose you have little choice but to try a Custers Last stand.

Thailand has the worst performing large economy in ASEAN. Times are hard, and the junta is managing hard times worse than others.

Please tell us where we can check the junta's accounts so we can see how well they are managing the budget. Then we can do a valid comparison.

Let me guess; your statement is based on a poll by the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association, isn't it? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

classic rant...

Well done. thumbsup.gif

A bit cowardly, you mean?

Cowardly? How so? Are you not bright enough to understand what I posted? Or are you hoping I will insult you directly? If you wish to be insulted directly please state so explicitly for the benefit of the moderators. Until then you'll have to be content with this:

You posted, in response to a suggestion for elections, "Thai people have shown not to be mature enough, just like the opponents the PM refers to seem like Amply Rich elite and petty adolescents who care about self only." Your poor grammar is confusing, but I take this to mean that you think the Thai people are too immature for elections.

I can think of only two reasons why expats who live in Thailand can regard the Thai people with such contempt; these expats are either tiny minded racists, or they only associate with the dregs of Thai society. Of course people who only associate with dregs are dregs themselves.

Well that's nice. Comments from the dregs. Maybe watch the American pre-Presidential information too much?

So, PM Prayut accuses and all who don't condemn him are verbally abused here. Dragging our TVF down with them. Sad.

No, you were verbally abused for displaying undisguised contempt for the Thai people. A few others were verbally abused being out of touch with reality. Posting "all who don't condemn him are verbally abused" shows you are also out of touch with reality.

Oh come on Heybruce. You simply disagree with me and therefore you and a few others go into this verbal abuse with you even acknowledging you do so on purpose.

BTW since you liked to tell me that history teaches, you might check what happens if the 'elite' for too long oppress the 'dregs of society'. I'm told even the red-shirts feel that way.

Expected reply,

Thailand has the worst performing large economy in ASEAN. Times are hard, and the junta is managing hard times worse than others.

Please tell us where we can check the junta's accounts so we can see how well they are managing the budget. Then we can do a valid comparison.

On the other hand perhaps you'd prefer a gang of thieves to be 'managing' the economy.

They could be led by an ex PM who never attends meetings.

The finances could be managed by a gang member who tells lies to the populace.

They could appoint a number of folks who are on bail for numerous serious crimes to be advisers (e.g. bring gasoline to Bkk and we'll burn down the city if we don't get what we want from our tantrums).

They could include upstanding folks who can't control their sons, who beat up people.

All lead by the 'owner of the gang' who should be on trial for crimes against humanity.

Now stand by for 'but the yellows.....".

I was pointing out that you want to ignore the present, which is what the OP is about, and turn the post into another anti-Thaksin rant.

The PM has certainly eliminated the "cancer" of democracy, and is pushing a constitution that will keep elections meaningless and the traditional power-brokers, including the military, in charge. Other than that, what? Corruption is as bad as under elected government http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/how-does-thailand-rank-globally-for-corruption/ and promised elections keep getting pushed in to the future. You have no idea if books are being put in order because transparency under the junta is non-existent, just as it is in the military http://government.defenceindex.org/countries/thailand/.

I do remember the amnesty, it was killed to the fullest extent possible under the constitution written during the last military government. Of course for some people that wasn't good enough, in their opinion it could only be properly killed with a military coup, suspension of the constitution, and dissolution of all democratic institutions. Rational people think that is extreme overkill.

I won't comment on the rest of your post--not because I'm selecting a minute part of your post, I just find much of it incoherent. Have you been drinking again?

You guys are drifting off from the truth with the blanket amnesty bill. Also from the topic. Seems it is indeed necessary for the PM the accuse.

How am I drifting off from the truth on the amnesty bill? What action could the PTP have taken that was in accordance with the constitution that would have killed the amnesty bill to your satisfaction?

The PTP government not only killed the amnesty bill as much as law would allow, they also tried to give the Thia people the opportunity to elect a new government. That clearly wasn't good enough for you and others.

You forget (or try to) how it got to that situation. THe sneakily modified amnesty bill which suddenly was a blanket amnesty bill including even Ms. Yingluck's own two years in office. The protests from all sides of society. The less than honest Ms. Yingluck suggesting it was up to the Senate whereas she had started it. The Pheu Thai party list UDD leader MPs who had to run off to tell their flock how to interpret the blanket amnesty bill. Etc., etc. That's what some would like us to forget.

Defenders of democracy? Just another Amply Rich elite version.

Exactly who believes all will be well if an election is held? I think no one, but quite a few of us believe that coups solve nothing. And after 19 coups that changed absolutely nothing except which snouts had access to the trough only the most naive think this time around will be different.

I have asked this question a hundred times but never gotten an answer from any of the junta supporters. Are you man enough to answer? Here goes:

After 19 coups/attempts what exactly about the present junta makes you believe that anything will be better?

No wonder the PM feel a need to accuse. All those elected governments in between junta's really don't help much.

"Are you man enough to answer?"

I guess not.

Does one need to be a man to answer leading questions which are distracting from the PM who accuses opponents?

I guess the PM could have said

"encouraging foreign organisations and governments and TVF posters to put pressure on Thailand."

but then he didn't.

Expected reply,

On the other hand perhaps you'd prefer a gang of thieves to be 'managing' the economy.

They could appoint a number of folks who are on bail for numerous serious crimes to be advisers (e.g. bring gasoline to Bkk and we'll burn down the city if we don't get what we want from our tantrums).

They could include upstanding folks who can't control their sons, who beat up people.

All lead by the 'owner of the gang' who should be on trial for crimes against humanity.

did you even realize that Heybruce was talking about transparency?

It seems not, since you didn't even get close to it in your post....

"Let me get you handful of posters right, you do not care what sort of government is elected as long as it is elected..."

We care, but respect the right of the Thai people to choose their government. The military and you obviously don't respect this right.

Only if you ignore corruption, declines in press freedom, human rights, and the economy, a failure to return to democracy, etc.

Difficult to argue with that, because it would result in our suspension from Thai Visa. Perhaps you should take a look at this link: https://www.hrw.org/asia/thailand

"Hard line disruptive-dangerous people have to be brought to heel as in most countries."

Do you mean the man who made the mistake of "like"ing the wrong Facebook page. https://www.hrw.org/news/2015/12/11/thailand-junta-critic-feared-disappeared

I haven't changed my name or opinion on the merits of democracy versus military rule.

People who have faith in Prayuth need not lose face? I suppose that's true, in the eyes of intelligent people they have no "face" to lose.

We don't doubt that PM/General/Coup Leader Prayuth is trying his best, we worry about what is objective is. It isn't democracy.

Edit: Found this cute counter to your absurd "freedom of expression exists" claim: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/A-like-constitutes-an-act-of-conspiracy-30275797.html

Expected reply. Keep trying.

Oh come on Heybruce. You simply disagree with me and therefore you and a few others go into this verbal abuse with you even acknowledging you do so on purpose.

BTW since you liked to tell me that history teaches, you might check what happens if the 'elite' for too long oppress the 'dregs of society'. I'm told even the red-shirts feel that way.

You are making stuff up and making no point at the same time. You haven't answered a direct question yet, you just attempt to change the topic. Why do you bother?

Expected reply,

"On the other hand perhaps you'd prefer a gang of thieves to be 'managing' the economy."

They are. Do you need the references that show how corrupt the military is?

The big difference now is that before the voters chose the "gang of thieves" and had the option of kicking them out. Now the Thai people have no choice in the matter.

You forget (or try to) how it got to that situation. THe sneakily modified amnesty bill which suddenly was a blanket amnesty bill including even Ms. Yingluck's own two years in office. The protests from all sides of society. The less than honest Ms. Yingluck suggesting it was up to the Senate whereas she had started it. The Pheu Thai party list UDD leader MPs who had to run off to tell their flock how to interpret the blanket amnesty bill. Etc., etc. That's what some would like us to forget.

Defenders of democracy? Just another Amply Rich elite version.

Once again rubl, it was killed as much as the last military constitution allowed it to be killed, followed by an attempt at elections that the military denied the people. That is what you conveniently forget.

Before you try your usual trick of dragging the thread off-topic by explaining how the bill wasn't killed to your satisfaction, why don't you explain how it could have been killed without a coup. We already know why you don't think an election was appropriate, you hold the Thai people in contempt.

Expected reply. Keep trying.

Try to get you to accept logic and facts? I know better than that.

Havent you noticed your facts are the only ones applicable.---------Can I say a trifle one sided----Yes I can. you and your die hards have all the same replies, most not actually looking at all sides, as in the 100 meters dash--one way vision anti PM of Thailand and what he is trying to repair. This should be your first objective to see this------Then if nothing is being done Hammer him---and I will be with you.

Nothing screams respecting the majority like suspending the constitution, suppressing dissent, attitude adjustments and running a military government with absolute power.

Thanks for the laugh.

Havent you noticed your facts are the only ones applicable.---------Can I say a trifle one sided----Yes I can. you and your die hards have all the same replies, most not actually looking at all sides, as in the 100 meters dash--one way vision anti PM of Thailand and what he is trying to repair. This should be your first objective to see this------Then if nothing is being done Hammer him---and I will be with you.

Completely incomprehensible.

Is it worth trying google translate?