Mugabe government to seize Zimbabwe’s diamond operations

rooster59

Mugabe government to seize Zimbabwe’s diamond operations

post-247607-0-62891000-1457189101_thumb.

Just days after celebrating his 92nd birthday, Zimbabwe’s President Robert Mugabe says his successor must be chosen democratically and that his wife will not automatically inherit his role.

In a televised interview Mugabe said his government would take possession of all diamond operations because existing miners had robbed the country of its wealth.

“In the mining sector, the mining of diamonds will be reserved for the state, be a matter for the state alone,” Mugabe told state broadcaster ZBC TV. “We have not received much from the diamond industry not much by way of earnings. I don’t think we have received two billion dollars.”

Mugabe’s comments come one week after the country’s ministry of mines ordered all mining companies to halt work and leave the Marange diamond fields, saying their licences had not been renewed. The ministry denied it was seizing the mines.

Mugabe said the Zimbabwean state will now own all the diamonds in the country.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-05

The Chinese will not be happy with one of the mines being Chinese owned.

That said I thought Mugabe's wife made 20 million a year in some sweetheart

Zimbabwe/Government diamond deal. Oh well, I guess that was not nearly enough. coffee1.gif

Zimbabwe/Government diamond deal. Oh well, I guess that was not nearly enough. coffee1.gif

I am sure that Zimbabwe has made special arrangements with China. Isn't the Yuan legal currency in Zimbabwe?

This sentence is almost correct, stating that "existing miners had robbed the country of its wealth" - and if you exchange "miners" against "Mugabe and his family" - THEN the sentence is absolutely correct.
I never understood that this slime did not get shot - the hardship he brought upon his people is second to none; good luck Queen Elizabeth II deknighted him
bah.gif

What happens when he runs out of things to blame for the downfall of the country ?

Bet he's hoping that he will die soon so the blame will be on his successor and not him.

interesting that "his successor must be chosen democratically and that his wife will not automatically inherit his role" Guess he's thinking ahead in not wanting the family legacy to be the destruction of what was once Rhodesia.

sad.png

He will do whatever he wants and the world will just stand by.When he dies all hell could break loose as there appears to be no groomed successor or anybody in the wings apart from his wife God forbid !!!

'State' will own the diamond mines now.

The African Thaksin is at it again...

Yes and its the actions of political leaders like this that put in question what is going on in Brazil, Indonesia and Mayalasia at present. Poor Africans though really stand out as being financially raped over the decades. Then it brings to question the wealth the likes of Putin have amassed and other "dictators" as well. Corruption is rampant. Its no wonder we are losing faith in world leaders.

I am sure that Zimbabwe has made special arrangements with China. Isn't the Yuan legal currency in Zimbabwe?

According to www.xe.com 1,000,000 Zimbabwe dollars is worth 97,679 THB or 17,986 Yuan (CNY).

Edited by billd766

hard to understand that this thieving thug hasn't been taken out yet. Seems so normal in many African states.

Not only African countries. Seems like the evil old b#gger will croak it from natural causes,.Yet another example of karma not going as we might think it should...

Now if Zimbabwe had followed the US system he would have retired long ago and got rich from overpriced speaking engagements.

He's far worse than Thaksin.

It's not possible to be worse than a thieving, robbing, murdering monster.... Smiley Thaksin takes first prize...! Even sacrificed his own baby sister...whistling.gif

For Thaksin to be as bad, he first would have to incite a small war in the region where they didn't vote for him. He would kill hundreds in Bangkok and the south.

Then, he would have to confiscate the property of the people who actually run the economy. Thaksin would have to confiscate all the properties of the Chinese-Thais, make them fear for their lives so that they hopefully leave the country (without their property).

Then, at each election, use the government apparatus to stop all competitors competing fairly and incite his supporters to intimidate and murder, especially the Democrat party.

Nah..........Mugabe is much worse than Old Square-head. At least Thaksin understood basic economics.

Edited by KarenBravo