Chinese RV / Campervan on Jomtien Beach today...

lonewolf99

Yip, just saw one, probabaly a 6 berth ? Chinese plates left hand drive.

I mentioned these RV's to the Thai GF the other day after reading about the reaction in Phuket about the Chinese driving to there.

My GF reaction was predictable for insular Thais, she was more than a little annoyed that the Chinese can just drive here, not pay for accommodation, not have Thai people paid to drive them around, in fact they might have enough food onboard to feed them selves most of the time. She did not mention but I would also summise that being totally independant leaves less chance of being scammed as well whilst they are here......

As my mother used to say "Hell mend them, sign up with the devil himself and pay the price !"

Build a super highway and bullet train all the way and not expect them to turn up in droves, what are these people thinking ???

"My GF reaction was predictable for insular Thais, she was more than a little annoyed that the Chinese can just drive here, not pay for accommodation, not have Thai people paid to drive them around, in fact they might have enough food onboard to feed them selves most of the time. She did not mention but I would also summise that being totally independant leaves less chance of being scammed as well whilst they are here......"

Hehehe.

There's still scope for "fines" for driving offences. And a big vehicle like that must mean a bigger fine.

"Chinese plates left hand drive"

Worrying! the Chinese drive on the left & not very well, having them in "control" of a vehicle with the controls on the wrong side is an accident looking to happen!