Recruitment To Recruitment?

I'm currently working as a recruiter / headhunter in the UK in the IT and Telecoms sector. I'm keen to head over to South East Asia and find a position in the same field. My initial research points to Singapore where there seem to be a lot of expats working in this industry although my personal preference is Bangkok. If anyone has had any dealing with recruiters or recruitment agencies in Bangkok I'd be interested to hear their experiences. Is this a viable option in Bangkok?

:o Really? No replies?! I would have thought there would have been lots of you out there who'd have had to deal with recruitment agencies at onetime. Call me a scynic but can this explain all the negative responses to anyone who asks about job oppurtunities in LOS?!

Have used 3 recruitment agencies recently only one of which came up with the goods - Manpower. I've never met a headhunter here, and given the amount of expats working here I'm surprised.

Maybe there's a opening.

Many thanks for your response Harrym. I'm also suprised by the current lack of expats in this field. I hope this is a positive thing rather than a negative on the job hunt! Were they expat headhunters at Manpower or locals?

Many thanks for your response Harrym. I'm also suprised by the current lack of expats in this field. I hope this is a positive thing rather than a negative on the job hunt! Were they expat headhunters at Manpower or locals?

I really think Singapore has more promise for you Ted.

ted

i know the country manager for Thailand and India of Manpower. He is based in BKK, from what I understand it is only at this very senior level that you get expats working. I am also an ex recriuter from the UK noe living here, but not working in that field here. I looked initially but was told it would be very hard, due to the tight work permit rules in this country. Go to Singapore