Every Picture Tells a Story: “Thai man no good” right?

Inspire

Every Picture Tells a Story: “Thai man no good” right?
Orlando Barton

bart-1.jpg

Welcome to “Every Picture Tells a Story”; a weekly post about living in Thailand. Each week we’ll post a picture that illustrates some of the best parts of living in Thailand.

One of the things I find odd about expat men living in Thailand is how few Thai men they know. Now, I’ll be honest right here and say, I didn’t come to Thailand to meet men. For sure, the ratio of Thai women I know to Thai men is quite lopsided.

Many of the expat men I meet have some very negative opinions about Thai men. Some find Thai men are stand-offish and harbor hatred toward foreigners. Some characterize Thai men as womanizing drunken gamblers that beat their wives or force them into prostitution.

Many of the Thai men I’ve met are painfully shy and may appear aloof to foreigners. I would also say that Thai culture embraces friendship as a more sacred relationship. We westerners have more “acquaintances” than we do true friends. That isn’t the Thai way. And to be fair, most Thai men don’t know any foreigners either and can’t imagine what we might have in common.

What’s more, many foreigners congregate in tourism hubs like Pattaya. As we all know, many of the “entertainment” venues in Pattaya don’t attract the cream of the crop from any country. It just might be the Thais who work this crowd aren’t representing the best Thailand has to offer either.

Just as we stereotype Thai men, they might just as easily group us all together as lager louts and whoremongers. My best friend’s wife calls all foreigners “Tattooed Terry from Manchester”. According to her, we aren’t here for any reason other than cheap booze and loose women.

Read more: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/thai-man-good-right/

inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 2016-03-12

Most of the Thai ladies I have met would not consider a Thai man. I met some whose father was Thai and after a couple kids buggered off. I watch one in particular whose wife works in their store while he lays outside on a bench drinking beer alone or with friends with ear buds plugged in. A real winner. I see so many lopsided relationships as far as age goes between foreigners and Thai ladies and there must be a reason for it.

the gf's 'kid' who i call the sumo, sits on its 130kg ass watching tv 18 hours a day. it has to be poked with a stick to do anything and only does it while complaining constantly. the grandmum takes care of it and feeds it from a shovel. im sure he will turn out to be a fine example of society.

This cannot be limited to Thailand.Every countries citizens contains the good,the bad and the ugly.

As most people reading this live and work in Thailand, your comment doesn't really cut much ice, simply because most of us are only concerned with where we live - Thailand.

Classic excuse Thai ladies use when looking for a farang partner. Money plays no part, it is always 'Thai man no good'.

Out of a country of 60+ million people, it is hardly fair to class all Thai men as no good.

I know a lot of Thai females happily married to their Thai husbands.

This cannot be limited to Thailand.Every countries citizens contains the good,the bad and the ugly.

As most people reading this live and work in Thailand, your comment doesn't really cut much ice, simply because most of us are only concerned with where we live - Thailand.

"As most people reading this live and work in Thailand"cheesy.gif

Many members do not live in Thailand do not speak the language probably do not know any Thai people intimately, however they are the first to explain in detail the whys and wherefores of this country in every single of their numerous, sometimes dozens of daily posts. coffee1.gif

Classic excuse Thai ladies use when looking for a farang partner. Money plays no part, it is always 'Thai man no good'.

Out of a country of 60+ million people, it is hardly fair to class all Thai men as no good.

Yes classic excuse and the foreigners.. all believe it.

Most of the Thai ladies I have met would not consider a Thai man. I met some whose father was Thai and after a couple kids buggered off. I watch one in particular whose wife works in their store while he lays outside on a bench drinking beer alone or with friends with ear buds plugged in. A real winner. I see so many lopsided relationships as far as age goes between foreigners and Thai ladies and there must be a reason for it.

The Thai women who join in partnership with farang men mostly have a sad relationship with Thai men in their past. Nearly all of them that I know have been married to a Thai, got pregnant and been deserted. Now they feel safer with a farang, even one much older.

Most of the Thai ladies I have met would not consider a Thai man.

Uh-huh. And yet almost every Thai woman considers one or several or many Thai men and then marries a Thai man.

So, it seems you have met very, very few Thai women and in addition you do not circulate in actual Thai society where this "considering" goes on all the time.

There does seem to be an " infidelity" gene in Thai men. I have some very good friends that I've known over 30 years. They are from good families and have a higher education. 3 out of 4 have all " Mia noi s " , and always have had different girls over the years, even a hidden child or two. Mostly the wives know, complain about it, but there they are. I would say they don't have much choice in the Thai world of women. I have often spoken about this to my friends, it's not taboo. The answer is always a schrug , and a " this is Thailand" attitude. They do not think they are doing wrong. Another couple I know were very happy, not yet married. She became pregnant and he left her, like that! One day he came with a bag of what I thought were presents for the baby, they were disposable nappies !!!! She has to work in a coffee bar to earn money for herself and the baby, and the owner and girls are kind enough to look after the baby. It's sad.

As most people reading this live and work in Thailand, your comment doesn't really cut much ice, simply because most of us are only concerned with where we live

e - Thailand.

most of us are only concerned with where we live.

It does not matter, the poster was making a very fair point.

This has been my experience, not all Thai men bad of course, and yes I know a few couples where the wife is happily married to a good thai man.

But more often than not, what seems to be the majority...geesh, especially the having a kid with one, then taking off with another girl and repeating hing, seems rampant

Not that a lot of aussie guys arent drunken dbags.

I tend to just not bother with male friends in general, theres always that point where they arc up over some nonsense.

Well that and the ladies have bits to look at

The Thai women who join in partnership with farang men mostly have a sad relationship with Thai men in their past. Nearly all of them that I know have been married to a Thai, got pregnant and been deserted. Now they feel safer with a farang, even one much older.

even one much older.

In about 99% of the time, only if there are financial advantages for them.

There does seem to be an " infidelity" gene in Thai men. I have some very good friends that I've known over 30 years. They are from good families and have a higher education. 3 out of 4 have all " Mia noi s " , and always have had different girls over the years, even a hidden child or two. Mostly the wives know, complain about it, but there they are. I would say they don't have much choice in the Thai world of women. I have often spoken about this to my friends, it's not taboo. The answer is always a schrug , and a " this is Thailand" attitude. They do not think they are doing wrong. Another couple I know were very happy, not yet married. She became pregnant and he left her, like that! One day he came with a bag of what I thought were presents for the baby, they were disposable nappies !!!! She has to work in a coffee bar to earn money for herself and the baby, and the owner and girls are kind enough to look after the baby. It's sad.

I think, and it is only an opinion, that you make a very fair point.

even one much older.

Do you really believe that? Financial assistance aside you think theyd prefer a guy their own age..greedy and a whole 2 minutes in the bedroom. Fights all the time cos he doesnt get it three times a day.

Okey

even one much older.

Do you really believe that? Financial assistance aside you think theyd prefer a guy their own age..greedy and a whole 2 minutes in the bedroom. Fights all the time cos he doesnt get it three times a day.

Okey

Yes, I do really believe that, but I do take your point in what you are saying. Maybe 99% vs about 40%. Only an opinion.

I would blame a lot of Thai mothers for the way Thai men are to their girlfriends or wives. The Thai boys I know are not disciplined at home nor are they expected to do any chores. Nearly all my Australian friends had jobs when they were at school, from a quite a young age.

I feel Thai mothers train their sons to be bad husbands.

Having said that I have a neighbor whose wife left several years ago when their son was only a few months old. I have never seen a more caring and loving father.

.....and I know a few Thai Men happily married to their Wife, good father to his kids, but has a Mia Noi on the side, luckily n kids with that one. The Mia Noi concept is foreign to us, but is widely accepted by Thai Women as long as the men adhere to the "Never The Twain Shall Meet".............'Thai man no good'?? probably but most likely the lady saying that had a bad one, and wants you to think she will 'never butterfly' with a Thai man..................Wrong!!!

even one much older.

Okey

Its fun to see how delusional people are. Most girls like guys their age and maybe a bit older say 10 years max. However money makes a lot of things look different and the older guys love to fool themselves. Just look in normal Thai life most are of the same age man and wife (sure there are exceptions but most are not) So now all of a sudden its different with foreigners.. .. what is the difference.. money.

Sure there are exceptions.. but not as much as the old guys like to believe.

How true are you I agree with you 100% I seen it as well thai lady's go on about thai man but I think it is a over kill .

Yes if thai lady go's with someone from the west the thai lady's knows she will have a better life and that is why most thai lady's hook up with western man .

Most Thai men have no paternity gene. Procreate & move on. Thai Government should bring in compulsory child support from the father's beer money.

They do actually have this in the laws already.....

The Laws are not the problem, they have hundreds that are good.

The problem is enforcement, or lack of it.............

coffee1.gif

There are good and bad. Lots of white folks around that I would not spend a second of my time with ... in fact after these encounters am annoyed at the time invested to find out what a waste of space that they are. But I digress. Language is a big barrier that separates. The biggest barrier is cultural ... even among the class of Thai's that live in the stratosphere.

Most Thai men have no paternity gene. Procreate & move on. Thai Government should bring in compulsory child support from the father's beer money.

Its worse in the Philippines, so back to "Thai" men . . . . .

I may be talking through my hat here, but I believe part of the problem is an ongoing segregation of the sexes. It is changing, as you see plenty of "youngsters" hanging in mixed groups/couples without chaperones, but many middle aged Thais do not seem to have many friends of the opposite sex.
There is also a peculiar thing where at least some Thai women think that after an early middle age they should not engage in or enjoy anything remotely sexual. This is not surprisingly going to make their husbands, boyfriends, whatever, look elsewhere.
My personal experience is that if you can get a fiftyish Thai woman to "play the game", they are as responsive as any. For some weird reason there is this "I feel bad afterwards" from some, and they will not discuss why or repeat the experience. It has to be something cultural that informs women they are not supposed to be sexual beings after a certain age. I have also been informed by my current girlfriend that at 62 I should not have sexual urges because I am "old man".
Do Thai men "peter out" after 60? I doubt it!
While I am not the Lothario of my youth I still enjoy the totality of the feminine form, and can give and receive pleasure if not always the "full Monty". I do not understand why I would be expected to give it all up because of an arbitrary age, and I would not expect Thai men to go along with it, either, thus the "Mia Noi" concept.
I have no idea how this would be changed except by the young folks leaving it behind as they have discover birth control relieves the necessity of arbitrary and draconian measures of the past.