‘Blitzkrieg’ threat from Pyongyang over US-South Korea war games

rooster59

‘Blitzkrieg’ threat from Pyongyang over US-South Korea war games

post-247607-0-09160800-1457793367_thumb.

It is not war. But on the increasingly tense Korean peninsula it certainly looks like it.

US and South Korean troops have been staging a mock amphibious landing exercise, storming simulated North Korean beach defences.

Saturday’s landing and assault drills on South Korea’s east coast come amid eight weeks of joint military manoeuvres between the allies, described as the largest ever.

The North is furious.

As the isolated state flexes it own military muscle, under the orders of leader Kim Jong Un, it has denounced the landing drill as an enemy attempt to ‘advance into Pyongyang’ and warned of what it calls “an ultra-precision blitzkrieg strike” in return.

Kim had already told the North to be ready to use nuclear weapons.

Tension on the Korean peninsula has been high since the North conducted its fourth nuclear test in January and followed that with a long-range rocket launch last month, triggering new UN sanctions.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-12

As the isolated state flexes it own military muscle, under the orders of leader Kim Jong Un, it has denounced the landing drill as an enemy attempt to ‘advance into Pyongyang’ and warned of what it calls “an ultra-precision blitzkrieg strike” in return.

Anyone found an unultra precision submarine drifting around in the ocean?

694940094001_4797148866001_50675f4e-17b9

Edited by shunter

Again, the USA are involved in repeated provocations away from their borders. These maneuvers have only one objective: to intimidate China ally and protector of North Korea.

US go home as it was said at home there over 40 years. US stay with your leaders clowns, the world will happen for your assistance this time and you will save a new losing war.

Recall here that for 50 years the Americans have pledged their boys in all conflicts. True, they have generally won the battles with still vastly superior army. But they lost all their wars, always unanimously rejected by the people they claimed to defend.

Again, the USA are involved in repeated provocations away from their borders. These maneuvers have only one objective: to intimidate China ally and protector of North Korea.
US go home as it was said at home there over 40 years. US stay with your leaders clowns, the world will happen for your assistance this time and you will save a new losing war.
Recall here that for 50 years the Americans have pledged their boys in all conflicts. True, they have generally won the battles with still vastly superior army. But they lost all their wars, always unanimously rejected by the people they claimed to defend.

you wash dishes at the NK embassy right?

Does anyone remember a movie called 'The great dictator.'? there was a scene with Charlie Chaplin dressed as a Hitler type,dancing on a stage with a huge balloon painted as the world.he was throwing it up and down.This Strangely reminds me of what must go on in the fat kids mind.

Someone without a clue. Might look up a few terms for enlightenment. Power vacuum, Balance of power and toss in Asia-Pacific security treaties. But nice anti-American rant. smile.png

It's not likely that a real invasion force from South Korea by the USA/ROK will occur at a North Korean beach. The country lacks any significant infrastructure in such areas that could be used to move and sustain ROK allies. The these mock beach landings might be a deception.

Nampo (pop. 730,000) is a good candidate for an USA/ROK military insertion. It has a significant seaport facility, riverway, rail hub, airport and 55km motorway link with Pyongyang.

I would love to see him send his Troops across the Border. Not withstanding that the South Korean army would smash him to bits on their own. I suspect 75% perhaps more of his Army would desert for better rations

Unfortunately NK outnumbers SK by a ratio or 2:1 in both active and reserve troops although the USA has a standing force of some 28,500 men and women.

Both SK and the USA are a bit restricted in what they can do whereas the NK forces can do whatever they like as they did once before.

Back then the USA was about the only country with nuclear weapons and didn't use them.

Now NK apparently has them and is willing, so Kim Jong Un says, to use them.

If he does then NK may cease to exist as a country and large parts of both NK and SK will be uninhabitable for a very long time. I would think that there would be millions of deaths in the short and long term and if Kim Jong Un does survive and the rest of the world stays out then he would most certainly stand trial somewhere and most probably executed for war crimes.

The real unknown is how far will China let Kim go bearing in mind that China would get a fair bit of radiation fall out.

I would hope that the Chinese military are keeping a very close eye on what is going on and update their plans on a weekly or perhaps daily basis.

I also believe that Kim may be foolish enough to ignore NK one time ally in the north but that if he does the consequences for Kim and NK will be severe.

This is only my opinion.

YMMV.

The guy is definitely unstable but the scarier part is, so are his people. They truly believe every thing he is telling them and would rush headlong into an erupting volcano if he told them to.

Something else to consider, Malaysia or Singapore or 1 of those counties (can't recall off the top of my head) just gave him some kind of award as a wonderful guy just a yr or so ago so he has support away from China.

What may be the only workable strategy would be to wait until he has 1 of his "Praise ME! I'm great!" rallies where 100% of his generals and 90% of his military all show up for his ego convention and then drop a couple of smart bombs right in the center of the precession.

Not sure what the world fallout would be but it surely wouldn't have him and his nuclear arsenal in it.

you wash dishes at the NK embassy right?

I was thinking more along the lines of collecting social assistance benefits whilst reading Juche Today.