Here we are again:new case

I would recommend she immediately book an out and back same day flight to Kuala Lumpur. The late booking means it will cost extra, but she may be able to do it Friday or Saturday on Air Asia for about 4,000 baht if she books in the next few hours. Anything else is a huge risk. Lend her the flight fare if she cannot raise it. She should be ready for an interrogation reentering visa exempt just after clearing an overstay, but if she is of clean, wholesome appearance, she should be OK.

Your very generous with Ian's money,Tim.

They seem to be friends, and she has a serious problem that needs resolving in the next 4 days. If she was my friend and had a plausible longer term plan, I would be willing to lend that kind of money.

• Like 1

We can keep playing airfare games. She can fly out to this or that. Fact is she has no money other than her fine. Come back for what. Posters talking about visa exempt stamp. Ripper that gives her 30 days. Even if she can get back in living on the seat of her pants. Also leaves it to few days left. Sadly her only option to remain in Los, like many others, is to remain on overstay.

Wanting to do something and being in position to actually do it can be miles apart. Go home

Yep...may have to bite the bullet and pay the fine and get back to her home country some how, some way and make some money. ....some how some way and come back at a later date...as a quality tourist...as the Thai officials say.

Cheers

http://www.ulule.com/about/faq/ or find EU based similar by searching crowdfunding EU websites.

find an angle.. girl travels by (bike, foot, car, skateboard, water buffalo or .....) back to France to raise awareness for X cause. or whatever. get creative.

absolutely not making fun of her situation. but sometimes bad situations require creative thinking. hope you can find a solution.

Yep...may have to bite the bullet and pay the fine and get back to her home country some how, some way and make some money. ....some how some way and come back at a later date...as a quality tourist...as the Thai officials say.

Cheers

Sure, assuming she wants to come back to Thailand, she has two days to leave. Perhaps, if she goes to the airport, she can find an airline that will allow her to travel to France for free.

Cheers

Sure, assuming she wants to come back to Thailand, she has two days to leave. Perhaps, if she goes to the airport, she can find an airline that will allow her to travel to France for free.

It seems some people are taking the last sentence in your post seriously. I think it is sarcasm.

It seems some people are taking the last sentence in your post seriously. I think it is sarcasm.

You are, of course, correct UJ. What I have been trying to get across is that her options are limited, but that does not mean pretending she should do something that is impossible makes sense.

I do not know the lady, so I cannot judge her ability to sort out her mess. If she has enough to meet the 20,000 baht overstay fine, she does not need much more to get an SETV from a neighboring country and return (if she leaves by Saturday). That would give her 90 days to sort out a longer term solution. If she leaves after Saturday, she will not be able to return to Thailand for a long time. Leaving now to return to France will only be possible if family/friends are willing to stump up about 17,000 baht for a last minute ticket (there are some). Even if she does return to France now, I do not agree it will help her get a job in Thailand that will allow her to stay long term (if that is what she wants).

Cheers

You would be surprised what is possible.

You are talking like she has no hope and no where to turn.

The woman is trying to take care of matters but seems as though she is desperate to stay on here in Thailand.

For may people they realize they have to get back to home base and then start over again...which can be done...but not if you are totally distraught and extremely reluctant to go home thinking there is absolutely nothing there for you.

Or stay on here and see what happens.

I hope she can work it out without becoming too much of a burden to other people because of her financial situation and lack of money.

Cheers

You would be surprised what is possible.

You are talking like she has no hope and no where to turn.

The woman is trying to take care of matters but seems as though she is desperate to stay on here in Thailand.

For may people they realize they have to get back to home base and then start over again...which can be done...but not if you are totally distraught and extremely reluctant to go home thinking there is absolutely nothing there for you.

Or stay on here and see what happens.

I hope she can work it out without becoming too much of a burden to other people because of her financial situation and lack of money.

Cheers

Believe it or not, like you, I am sympathetic. Neither of us knows the lady. If she really wants to return to France, and is unconcerned about being able to return to Thailand later, I would suggest she remain on overstay (quietly, under the radar) until she can raise the funds to leave and return to home base. She should try to do this asap. If her long term objective is to stay in Thailand, she must find a way to leave by Saturday and preferably return with an SETV.

I learned a couple of days ago that plans and arrangements were being made for her to travel to Nong Khai tomorrow and clear the overstay at the bridge there. Then she will be applying for a tourist visa at the embassy in Vientiane on Monday.

• Like 2

I learned a couple of days ago that plans and arrangements were being made for her to travel to Nong Khai tomorrow and clear the overstay at the bridge there. Then she will be applying for a tourist visa at the embassy in Vientiane on Monday.

The last day ... I really do hope she does not experience any glitch that prevents her leaving as planned. My flight to Udon was canceled is not going to be an acceptable excuse if she cannot leave until Sunday.

The last day ... I really do hope she does not experience any glitch that prevents her leaving as planned. My flight to Udon was canceled is not going to be an acceptable excuse if she cannot leave until Sunday.

I am aware of that and so is the people evolved. Apparently the funds will not be available until today for the travel arrangements.

• 1 month later...

After one month this girl came again to meet me up:she had solve her visa problem,doing a 2 days to trip to Vientiane.What she stated was:

1)Booked a visa run from Pattaya to Vientiane(dont know why from Pattaya)

2)All the trip,included one night in Vientiane and visa fees,8000 baht

3Flying Nok Air, to Don Mueang(890 baht)

She is now on 3 month visa tourist

• Like 1

After one month this girl came again to meet me up:she had solve her visa problem,doing a 2 days to trip to Vientiane.What she stated was:

I assume she also paid a fine for the overstay, right?

It is interesting that she was not blacklisted. I wonder if the visa run company she used from Pattaya has special connections at immigration and was able to reassure her on this.

I assume she also paid a fine for the overstay, right?

It is interesting that she was not blacklisted. I wonder if the visa run company she used from Pattaya has special connections at immigration and was able to reassure her on this.

Yes Brit Tim:she doesn't say,but sure she had paid the overstay fine.Yes.Yes,those company in Pattaya,they are connected with the immigration there.She said that people with huge overstay where taken in a private rooms and get the matter sorted there.And they have already their passport copy.I suppose the visa agent fax them previously.She was not blacklisted because she went out before the 20th of March.

Edited by Ian1980

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...