National Boozebuster Notifies Thailand Pre-Mixed Cocktails are Illegal

snoop1130

National Boozebuster Notifies Thailand Pre-Mixed Cocktails are Illegal
By Teeranai Charuvastra

14579572651457957709l.jpg
Samarn Futrakul lectures a vendor Friday night as he busts a 'lao pan' stand Friday night near Lumpini Park in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — After going dark for some months, the nation’s top alcohol regulator is back with more bad news.

Lao pan, those ubiquitous iced cocktail jugs sold at every festival and night market in Thailand? Illegal since 1950, Samarn Futrakul, the renowned prohibitionist who heads the alcohol control board, pointed out to reporters Sunday.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1457957265

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-14

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beer popsicles? I'm I on the right thread? Is this about the British guy who got a bj from a Thai bloke? He got his cocktail drank.

He ordered a c*#k sucking cowboy and received what he asked for!

Edited by Reigntax

Why is that Samarn character let to go on heading the alcohol control board? The man knows no reason or compromise and is an ultra-extremist of the very dangerous kind IMO! Isn't tolerance supposed to be important for Buddhists (at least the ones knowing, and not having 'forgotten', that Prince Siddharta for instance seems to have appreciated the taste of wine for quite a part of his life...)

Great. The <BLEEP>ing Fun Police are at it again. God forbid the youth and working class anywhere from softening their troubles for a while with a little - perhaps illicit but so what - pleasure.

Save us please from those who want what is best for us...

Beer popsicles? I'm I on the right thread? Is this about the British guy who got a bj from a Thai bloke? He got his cocktail drank.

He ordered a c*#k sucking cowboy and received what he asked for!

..you spelled cock wrong. (large hen is a cock right?)

Na large hen is a girl ;) a cock is a bloke (funnily enough) and when he's got a harem is known as a rooster. They are all birds though and originally were all chicks

Maybe mixed drinks in general will be next on the illegal chopping block...

I guess you are right (if they stick to the law):

"Under Section 23 of the Liquor Act, no one is allowed to mix alcohol with other substances put it in a different container “unless the customer specifically requests the alteration of the liquor for immediate consumption.”

someone invented a position gave this guy a badge and sent him out in the big bad world to make a difference - he took it seriously, must have a liver the size of a house having to sample all those buckets, hope he got a taxi home

"Under Section 23 of the Liquor Act, no one is allowed to mix alcohol with other substances put it in a different container “unless the customer specifically requests the alteration of the liquor for immediate consumption.”

Which is exactly what I'm doing when I order lao pun in a jug isn't it ???

Edited by SABloke

Which is exactly what I'm doing when I order lao pun in a jug isn't it ???

Either this is just another shake down, or civil servants have no idea just how stupid this look to the outside world. Things like this make one feel happy one has moved to Cambodia.