Managerial Madness 2016

Chicog

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am quite happy about Martinez getting sacked, along with all his Wigan back room staff.

Don't want any of the usual suspects to replace him; O'Neill,Hughes, Pardew etc.

Wouldn't want Pellegrini, too many Manchester rejects at Everton as it is.

Frank de Boer is mentioned, but here is a report from a Dutch Everton fan about him.

http://toffeeweb.com/season/15-16/comment/fan/32627.html

The bloke at Southampton has also been mentioned, but why leave a successful club to go Everton?

Just hope whoever comes has a clear out of all the deadwood and doesn't get too many transfer requests.

Don't suppose you guys would take Rafa would you? The barcodes aint coming straight back up by a long way with Ashley at the purse strings

Personally, I think Newcastle will bounce straight back.

I doubt that Rafa will stay and Everton would be a marriage made in Heaven.

Rafa is a good manager BUT the Liverpool connection and the small club jibe.Never!

Maybe the board and owner would like it, but I think the fans would never accept it.

I am not sure that beggars can be choosers!

After Martinez a big name is probably needed to hold on to the likes of Stones, Barkley and Lukaku.

Rafa is a good manager BUT the Liverpool connection and the small club jibe.Never!

Maybe the board and owner would like it, but I think the fans would never accept it.

After Martinez a big name is probably needed to hold on to the likes of Stones, Barkley and Lukaku.

I'd bet that Lukaku is definitely gone regardless of whatever manager is brought in. Maybe PSG ? Barkley and Stones might be in the same boat. Tough times ahead for Everton I'd think, but what else is new.

I saw an Everton supporter being interviewed on television the other day. The interviewer gushed enthusiastically "How important is it for the new manager to keep top class players like Lukaku, Stones and Barkley at the club?"........Reply" They can go as well, none of them has put in shift for ages". Put that same question to John Dykes' brood i.e Curbishly, Hutchinson, Mills and you would have had a different reply. Rely on the fan on the street to tell it as it is.

I saw an Everton supporter being interviewed on television the other day. The interviewer gushed enthusiastically "How important is it for the new manager to keep top class players like Lukaku, Stones and Barkley at the club?"........Reply" They can go as well, none of them has put in shift for ages". Put that same question to John Dykes' brood i.e Curbishly, Hutchinson, Mills and you would have had a different reply. Rely on the fan on the street to tell it as it is.

The fan is right

Let them go,if the likes of Man city will pay 50 million for sterling and Chelsea what was it 38 million for Costa,I'm sure these 3 players would fetch over 100 million if they were transferred.

These 3 players and most of the team as just gone through the motions the last 10 ? games, Stones as not been the same player since Jaglielka ? got injured,Barkley is a jekel and hyde one minute he's brilliant and the next minute he' cant put a pass together. We all know the potential Lukaku as,but he's a money man like most of the others,they bought him for 27 million so if they sell him for 40 million Kenwright would say that was good business.

For years now the Everton fans have been let down by the team,even getting beat by Man u in the semifinal was bearable because as far as i was concerned it was a win win situation,if we got to the final " great" getting beat just put the final nail in the Martinez coffin.

So now we will see the what this new owner is made of when a new manager is installed.

BTW

Congrats to Leicester " great seasons performance "

I know he ain't up to Rafa in general but warnocks style/skills imo would have been more suitable for newcastles relegation scrap than Rafas but easy on reflection

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if it's been posted already, can't remember seeing it.

2015/16 sets new record for manager sackings, according to LMA report

A record 56 managers were sacked in the 2015/16 season, according to statistics from the League Managers' Association.

The LMA's end-of-season report revealed there were 70 managerial changes across the Premier League and Football League during the 2015-16 campaign, with 56 dismissals exceeding the previous high of 53 in 2001/02.

Eleven Premier League managers were axed, while there were 18 dismissals in the Championship - two short of the record high of 20 from the 2014/15 season.

Chief executive Richard Bevan will also be alarmed by the average length of service at a club.

The average tenure for the 56 dismissed managers this season was one year and 113 days - little more than 15 months and the second-lowest average tenure since 1992.

The 11 Premier League bosses sacked had an average of two years and seven days in the job, but in League One, where 14 managers lost their jobs, the average tenure was less than a year, at 354 days.

Brendan Rodgers became the first Premier League managerial casualty of the season when Liverpool sacked him in October, while Louis van Gaal was sacked earlier this week after leading Manchester United to the FA Cup.

Jose Mourinho, fired by Chelsea for a second time last December, is expected to replace Van Gaal at Old Trafford.

Figures showed the greatest number of dismissals in Leagues One and Two for the last six seasons, while only once in that time had the Premier League and Championship seen more managerial sackings.

In 2013-14, 12 Premier League bosses were sacked, while last season 20 Championship bosses were relieved of their duties, two more than this term. The average tenure of managers currently in office is below two years across all four leagues.

It is one year and 332 days in the Premier League, but that figure is skewed as Arsene Wenger has been Arsenal boss for approaching 20 years since his appointment in October 1996.

Paul Tisdale of Exeter is the next longest-serving boss, with approaching 10 years of service, while Eddie Howe's second spell at Bournemouth, which stands at less than four years, makes the top 10.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/30964/10294999/201516-sets-new-record-for-manager-sackings-according-to-lma-report

madness. would be a huge step down for him. can only assume he's not on much money at saints and everton must be offering to double his salary or something.

In addition to the money aspect, maybe the new Everton owners have sold him a better vision of the direction the club wants to go.

madness. would be a huge step down for him. can only assume he's not on much money at saints and everton must be offering to double his salary or something.

In addition to the money aspect, maybe the new Everton owners have sold him a better vision of the direction the club wants to go.

in everton's case that's usually sideways or backwards.

• 4 weeks later...

Lauren Blanc gets shown the back door at PSG.What more could he have done in 3 years ?

Yes, I know the answer.Good player ,good manager,shabby treatment, guess the bag full of Euros he will receive eases the pain.

Would have liked him at MU.

Lauren Blanc gets shown the back door at PSG.What more could he have done in 3 years ?

Won the Champions League, obviously.

Another rich Arab spitting the dummy because he can't show off to the other rich Arabs.

Won the Champions League, obviously.

Another rich Arab spitting the dummy because he can't show off to the other rich Arabs.

Yes as I said I know the answer and it wont be long before more clubs are swallowed up by Arab and Chinese mega billionnaires

who have no love of the game, for them a club is just a toy they can afford without blinking.