20260 Postcode no longer valid?

digbeth

I had someone trying to ship me something from the UK with DHL and they couldn't get the address entered into the system due to DHL's system not recognizing Pattaya's 20260 postcode....

I checked with Thailand Post and 20260 is still valid, but I've had cases where some of my letters had the 20260 postcode on and the postman crossed out the postcode using a pen and wrote down 20150 instead so there's a bit of mystery there...

In my decades living in Pattaya I've always use 20260, in my case with the shipment from UK, the fault is probably with DHL, but still

20150 is supposed to be for the whole of Banglamung area, and 20260 is only for Pattaya city only, so no darkside, nothing north of Naklua and south of Jomtien

Anyone had similar experience?

I'm told the best way to know the postcode is to look for what's written on the side of the post box nearest to you, buggered if I had seen any on the streets of Pattaya

My mate just sussed this out ..... 20260 goes to the post office on Soi Post office .... but they have no postmen there to do deliveries wink.png

In short what I wrote in lenght biggrin.png

No delivery from Soi Post (20260).

• Like 1

Here on the darkside I've always used 20260. But recently something happened (can't remember the details) and this was not accepted. I think it was an aliexpress bill. Now I'm confused. So, a normal day, then.

20150 tongue.png

Just checked a couple of darkside addresses of restaurants, Elephant Village, Million Years Stone Park. Mini Siam, Phoenix Golf Club etc.

20150!

Edited by KhunBENQ

My wife just researched this issue due to problems with postal delivery.

20150 is the zip code for Pattaya and the Banglamung post office(Naklua) is the delivery point.

The newer Post Office on Sukhumvit near Chayapruek is zip code 20151.

Up until a few years ago you would think Pattaya did not exist at all - You never saw a road sign saying Pattaya until maybe 4 - 5 years ago on the highways. Even today leaving the airport you travel some distance until you see a Pattaya sign - it is all Chonburi.

My Pattaya Bank's address is Moo xx, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi, 20150.

I have a PO box in Soi Post office and it is, Pattaya Post Office, Pattaya City, 20260.

I think if DHL remove the word Pattaya from the address it will give them the Nongprue code. Maybe ?

I have a PO box in Soi Post office and it is, Pattaya Post Office, Pattaya City, 20260.

That is what I speculated to be technically correct.

I remember having seen PO boxes at the Soi Post office.

Edited by KhunBENQ

? Hmm.

Just read a 8 year old (!) report (German) that there IS a postcode 20260 corresponding to central Pattaya (Soi Post).

BUT: this office is only for sending/outgoing mail and you can not pickup/receive post through/at this office/post code.

All incoming mail/parcels etc. should to be addressed to 20150 Banglamung post code/office.

(maybe with the exception of PO boxes?)

All mail addressed to 20260 will be redirected to 20150 and delivered through Banglamung.

For you this is relevant in case you have to pickup mail/parcel.

Sorry for the wording, not sure what the right English terms for outgoing mail only and incoming mail are.

There is some explanation in Thai about 20150 vs. 20260 on this site (postcodes for Chonburi province), but not quite sure what it says:

http://goo.gl/z5PofK

Something for the Thai language forum.

"BUT: this office is only for sending/outgoing mail and you can not pickup/receive post through/at this office/post code."

Yes, the code identifies the post office and 20260 is only for the sending P.O. on Soi Post Office. Incoming mail should be directed to 20150.

...unless you are one of the few (I assume) people who has a post box at the Soi Post Office.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

There are a limited number of boxes at that PO. I never looked at the highest numbered one.

I was lucky a few years back to get one, I made an application and waited just 2 weeks and one became vacant.

It costs 500 baht a year. I have had many things posted to me. Obviously large objects they hold in the back and you get a slip of paper in the box telling you that there is a parcel.

Most likely some **** attempting to enter a foreign post code into a field intended for UK postcodes only !

As an international parcel company, I'm sure they know that different countries has different format address,

anyway I tried for my self, here tried putting 20260 in and it said 'no data found' while 20150 returned that the postcode is within Chonburi

I still feel that 20260 is the more 'correct' option since it specify a more specific area of Pattaya City as opposed to the whole Banglamung area..... even though now I know that using 20150 will have better chance of things reaching me, It still feels wrong to me..... feels like a pedant now

I also like to put 'Pattaya City' in the address too, even though that has no bearing on the deliverability by mailman

Disagree. But if you prefer to swim against the flow...

And as you have learned from the thread it is not even possible with couriers, logistic companies etc.

Edited by KhunBENQ

From now on after reading this post i think I will use both..

20260 / 20150.

I will write it like this underneath my address.

That could confuse the sorting machine

writing down just 20150 will work ALL the time

20260 is for pedants who do so at their own risk

I still feel that 20260 is the more 'correct' option since it specify a more specific area of Pattaya City as opposed to the whole Banglamung area..... even though now I know that using 20150 will have better chance of things reaching me, It still feels wrong to me..... feels like a pedant now

I also like to put 'Pattaya City' in the address too, even though that has no bearing on the deliverability by mailman

I don't think there's much chance of a letter addressed to Pattaya of not reaching it's destination, even without a postcode. Seriously, would there be a postal worker in Thailand not aware of where Pattaya is?

Whether you use 20150 or 20260, Thailand mail ends up in Naklua and International mail ends up at the post office near the Floating Market.

Edited by tropo

• 2 years later...

I would like some advice on this topic.  I have a post box at Siam Secure in Soi Welcome Town in Pattaya Klang.  I rented the box because Thailand Post wasn´t doing a good job delivering the mail to me.  The postal code for Siam secure is 20150.  When I buy items on Ebay or Aliexpress, most of the time, Thailand Post has returned them to sender.  Yesterday I went there and the lady I spoke to told me that I should put another postal code on the Siam Secure addresse.  I have lost the piece of paper but I am sure it is 20260.  Now I don´t know what to do. One contributor here said that all mail from Ebay should be marked the 20260 postcode.  One item to me from Aliexpress was returned and it had the postcode 20150 .....   So I'm confused.