Buying a Honda brush cutter in Samui

I have about 2 rai to do plus I do about 1 rai for my neighbour (no men in the household) and in the wetter season working for 1 to 1/2 hours 5 or 6 days a week it takes me about a month to do it all and then I start all over again. Sometime the scrub grass is over a metre high when I get to cut it.

At 71 it is good exercise, but I am grateful at this time for no rain as the scrub doesn't really grow and I can catch up on the other jobs around the place.

Good for you! .... Nothing like keeping active! thumbsup.gif

You'd better get busy, then ..... looks from the forecast there might be some rain coming next week.... winds up already..... whistling.giftongue.png

I copy and save the weather info from the Thai Met Dept for Khampaeng Phet and it has been about 2 months since they had any rain and out here it has been much the same though we did have a couple of showers that lasted a bit back in January. The ground is so dry and hard the rain just runs off it.

Just to give you an idea it was not a kind of "lawn" to cut facepalm.gif

attachicon.gifP1010771.jpg

Not easy to avoid all those coconuts hardly visible before cutting, the work of our many squirrels friends around.

attachicon.gifP1010766.jpg

But the Honda starts as easily as a motorbike compared to the mean one made in China

by the way the Thai man on the picture is my DIL husband a very friendly young fellowsmile.png

He out to wear protective glasses as I do plus I also wear leather gardening gloves plus a brimmed hat with a face and neck cover to cut down on the grit and small stones.

chased

Yessir well saidsmile.png not only are you absolutely right but I also do chased him for the glasses, Pon, may leum wenta nirapai ! (The lad does not speak a single word of English) OK dady OK dady.

The cheapest way of owning a brush cutter is uhmmmm not too. Find some friendly hard working Thais (relatively speaking) that own the device and pay them accordingly is the best way of forgetting all the hassle of fuel where, sharpen that; all gets a bit complicated really. Just give a few nice Thai blokes some work and if they are worthy, they'll be thrilled you're helping them and family. Times are generally tight with a stagnant economy at present, make life easy for yourself > works got hair on it. No need to make your life hard mate - it costs me 200, I paid 300 baht + 1 bottle of beer to cut my whole house grassed area and boxed the cuttings, 2 nice guys.

Well now no excuse to let it get that long! Pick up the coconuts and any rocks sitting around, they are not good for the blade or nylon line, Tchooptip and now we now you can take pictures, I hope you add some to Samui photos ^ wink.pngtongue.png

My Honda mower and weed whacker both start first or second pull. still..thumbsup.gif

I did ask the nice boss lady at Honda shop in Maenam, about bringing equipment in, she said only at the Nathon store...

It seems I had not seen this post of you, sorry... so... OK "I will try"biggrin.png to post some Samui photos ... from time to timegigglem.gif

I have about 2 rai to do plus I do about 1 rai for my neighbour (no men in the household) and in the wetter season working for 1 to 1/2 hours 5 or 6 days a week it takes me about a month to do it all and then I start all over again. Sometime the scrub grass is over a metre high when I get to cut it.

At 71 it is good exercise, but I am grateful at this time for no rain as the scrub doesn't really grow and I can catch up on the other jobs around the place.

You'd better get busy, then ..... looks from the forecast there might be some rain coming next week.... winds up already..... whistling.giftongue.png

The Thai's love them for the infernal noise they make that would not be tolerated in housing estates in a civilsed country. Aussies use the silent ever reliable hand lawn mower for a good workout and is one of the reasons they look so trim and fit.

The Thai's love them for the infernal noise they make that would not be tolerated in housing estates in a civilsed country. Aussies use the silent ever reliable hand lawn mower for a good workout and is one of the reasons they look so trim and fit.

You are more than welcome to come to my place and cut the 2 rai and my neighbours 2 rai grass and scrub down with a hand mower.

Let me know when you are coming and I will be happy to pay the 300 baht a day for you. I will make sure that you get lunch, Thai style, and cold water.

If it takes you longer than a week you only get paid for 1 week.

You are more than welcome to come to my place and cut the 2 rai and my neighbours 2 rai grass and scrub down with a hand mower.

Let me know when you are coming and I will be happy to pay the 300 baht a day for you. I will make sure that you get lunch, Thai style, and cold water.

If it takes you longer than a week you only get paid for 1 week.

300 baht a day?, my Thai landlady, pays 400 baht an hour, plus gas! for Thai's todo! I've come across other Thai's who pay that kinda money too...

el cheapo farangs! tongue.png

As for Crusty's comment... how do they do edges with a lawn mower, do they turn it sideways...? laugh.png

Granted in western countries machines have quieter engines, but cost a hell of a lot more there too... I wish they had bent shaft weed wackers here... for eding, impossible with the straight shaft ones here...

I know from experience that replacing mower blades is a pain, they have to be ordered from Surat thani... and are not that great either... That's why wackers are sometimes better! wink.png

@ samuijimmy

quote "300 baht a day?, my Thai landlady, pays 400 baht an hour, plus gas! for Thai's todo! I've come across other Thai's who pay that kinda money too...

el cheapo farangs! tongue.png"

Are you sure?

400 baht per hour is 3,200 baht per 8 hour day and on a 20 day working month that comes to 64,000 baht.

I think I am under paying myself as I do it for free.

@ samuijimmy

quote "300 baht a day?, my Thai landlady, pays 400 baht an hour, plus gas! for Thai's todo! I've come across other Thai's who pay that kinda money too...

el cheapo farangs! tongue.png"

Are you sure?

400 baht per hour is 3,200 baht per 8 hour day and on a 20 day working month that comes to 64,000 baht.

I think I am under paying myself as I do it for free.

Quite sure, but it's not a full time job, one off, as needed every month or so ..... he's around the area often and seems to always be bizzy! ...

Next door (Thai) paid him 1500 baht to clear less than a rai of land.. not too much involved.. he worked on that early evenings for for a couple or three hours, till done... three or four days....

Young fellow, always seems friendly .... and chatty... thumbsup.gif

He gets more per hour than people up here get a day.

If my wife offered 400 baht an hour she would be trampled in the rush

The land here is not always flat, there are a lot of rocks and uneven ground and there are trees and plants all over the place.

I did 45 minutes this morning and it was cool when I started and I needed a shower when I finished.

Usually when the kids are at school I start about 06.30 and stop for breakfast about 8. After that time it gets too hot for me.

Archived