Is it too late to stop the Donald Trump machine?

webfact

Bikers for Trump to Patrol Cleveland During RNC Convention; ‘Vets Are Our Backbone’

All you pencil-necked geeks with thoughts of disruption better watch out! biggrin.png

12437831_1466797276.242.jpg

https://www.gofundme.com/2b3jgp3g

Just the time for more divisional violence. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves, a lot of people hurting without you suggesting more.

Climb back under your rock.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump has a bad habit of not paying for work.

Not only in his bankruptcies but private individuals are beginning to tell their stories too.

How does he get away with it?

When the work is completed he offers to only pay half or less.

"Take the reduced payment or fight my army of lawyers for years and years in court."

Over 3,500 lawsuits have been filed!

Here is the architect he hired to build a golf clubhouse.

https://youtu.be/OmfSWPmw86k

An absolute disgrace, what Trump did to this guy. And yes, there are many more like this. I hope they keep running real life stories like this, for all of America to see. Trump is just a disgraceful human being.

Supreme Court Justice Ginsberg has been blasting Trump for being the egotistical pretender that he is, and Trump has been fighting back opining, with his vast and sweeping knowledge of the judiciary, that Ginsberg is a disgrace to the court. Remember, it was only a few months ago, that Trump showed the world he didn't even understand what the Supreme Court does or its functions, thinking it was involved with law enforcement of Clinton. laugh.png

He does have a point, however, that this kind of thing is absolutely unprecedented by a sitting Justice. It just goes to show how badly perceived by the various branches of government he is that such a 'beyond reproach' person would do this.

"Donald Trump’s campaign rhetoric on climate change has him at odds with every other leader in the free world, a new study reveals."

"The study points out Trump is the only potential world leader who’s said climate change isn’t real, setting him apart from all U.S. allies like the UK and Germany as well as China – the world’s largest polluter – and even rogue nations like North Korea."

http://fortune.com/2016/07/12/donald-trump-climate-change-sierra-club/?xid=timehp-popular

Another issue that will bury Trump. It's unfathomable that the President of the United States would deny climate change. Trump cannot be President.

Heh...here he comes! biggrin.png

Poll: Clinton’s Lead Shrinks to Three Points over Trump

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/hillary-clinton-s-lead-over-trump-shrinks-after-controversial-week-n607351

Donald Trump will be the 45th President of the United States of America.

Deal with it! smile.png

Donald-Trump-PT.jpg

Just a wealth of misinformation! One post after another of factually incorrect information from the same source. Left is right, up is down, black is white. I do admire his consistency though.

CaMYf3zWcAAD-BH.jpg

"Donald Trumps campaign rhetoric on climate change has him at odds with every other leader in the free world, a new study reveals."

"The study points out Trump is the only potential world leader whos said climate change isnt real, setting him apart from all U.S. allies like the UK and Germany as well as China the worlds largest polluter and even rogue nations like North Korea."

http://fortune.com/2016/07/12/donald-trump-climate-change-sierra-club/?xid=timehp-popular

Another issue that will bury Trump. It's unfathomable that the President of the United States would deny climate change. Trump cannot be President.

Astounding that anyone would argue climate change with the distinguished members of the National Academy of Scientists.

Next time some moron tells you global warming is a hoax, tell them this:

National Academy Science members are elected annually by current members, based on their distinguished achievements in original research. Around 2,300 members, 200 members hold the Nobel Science Prize.

Election to the National Academy is the highest honor in U.S. science.

Members serve pro bono as "advisers to the nation" on science, engineering, and medicine.

Founded in 1863 as a result of an Act of Congress that was approved by Abraham Lincoln, the NAS is charged with providing independent, objective advice to the nation on matters related to science and technology.

When Trump tells these distinguished science advisors "they are a bunch of losers" , I want to see that!

Edited by Buzzz

Every time a person or an institution comes out against Trump, he immediately goes into attack mode. We thought Nixon had a long ugly 'Enemies List' ....Trump will make Nixon's list look small. Trump is to decency what a hippo is to running the 110 meter high hurdles.

Yet another alarm sounded in a seemingly endless stream of luminaries, intellectuals, studied and educated people that have come together in an absolutely unprecedented way to condemn Trump as President.

A prestigious group of historian scholars and Pulitzer prize winners, led by David McCullough have done the unthinkable for historians - trying to stop history because it is so dangerous - Stop Trump that is....

It is a diverse, honored group — including, among others, Robert A. Caro, Ron Chernow, David Levering Lewis, William E. Leuchtenberg, Vicki Lynn Ruiz — that speaks with alarm about Mr. Trump’s candidacy and his place in the march of American history.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/13/nyregion/donald-trump-david-mccullough-ken-burns.html

I dislike Hillary intensely but yikes, what choice do we have? A Trump victory would be a catastrophic disaster for the USA. You will not find too many people that are academically distinguished and well regarded that have a very much different opinion on this matter.

For clarity, the emphasis above is mine, not the OP.

The reason the point stands out is because the poster fails to be clear about for whom exactly will it be a catastrophic disaster? Don't get me wrong. Trump is a demagogue and a sociopath and almost certainly is not going to make America great again. But that isn't the issue. The issue is whether or not the poor and disenfranchised living in trailer park on next to nothing share this particular definition of disaster?

I hesitate to answer this because it's been ask and answered many times on these threads, ad nauseam. Are you deliberately being disingenuous? If you are as educated as you claim to be, surely you can answer for yourself.

Let's take Trump's claim to bring jobs back to America. How is he going to do this? Tell private industry who they can and can't hire? Interfere in the free market? If Trump understood our economic history at all, he would know that the trend in manufacturing jobs declining in America is not just about companies outsourcing overseas, but also about technological advances and globalization in general. These jobs aren't coming back. Because if they did, the price of everything would skyrocket. And then he wants to slap a 35% tariff on Chinese goods? A trade war between the two biggest economies is not good for anybody. Imagine what the stock market would do.

Other stuff: The cost of his crazy wall and deporting all the illegals would be over a trillion, not to mention the humanitarian cost. His tax cuts for the rich would increase our budget deficit and national debt. His ideas about NATO and having S. Korea and Japan going nuclear....as well as his absurd adoration for Putin, Kim Jong Un, Saddam, not to mention his bizarre embrace of loonie conspiracy theories. And then there is his racist attitude towards blacks, Muslims, Mexicans, Chinese, not to mention his disrespect for women, the handicapped, war vets, journalists. This is all good for America somehow?

So to your point, maybe you can explain how all this can improve the lives of these "poor and disenfranchised living in trailer parks on next to nothing."

Ad nauseam indeed. You can say he is racist and hates women all day long and it won't make it true.

I don't know if he will improve the lives of the poor, but I guarantee that lying Hillary won't.

As for the stock market. I hope it does crash and the 1% lose it all. Time for them to eat the same dirt as the rest of us. Bring it on Trump!

The US political system is as corrupt and bad as it could be, and if they can't find a single decent politician to stand for POTUS they get what they deserve.

Every time a person or an institution comes out against Trump, he immediately goes into attack mode. We thought Nixon had a long ugly 'Enemies List' ....Trump will make Nixon's list look small. Trump is to decency what a hippo is to running the 110 meter high hurdles.

It's a pity then that the entire US political class can't find a single decent candidate to stand for POTUS. The US is fast becoming the laughing stock of the world with the antics going on by the rabid anti Trumpists to destroy democracy, so a lying crook can lead them to yet more ruin.

No wonder the establishment is so anti gun- they are terrified of the population rising up and throwing the whole rotten bunch of them into the gutter of history.

Supreme Court Justice Ginsberg has been blasting Trump for being the egotistical pretender that he is, and Trump has been fighting back opining, with his vast and sweeping knowledge of the judiciary, that Ginsberg is a disgrace to the court. Remember, it was only a few months ago, that Trump showed the world he didn't even understand what the Supreme Court does or its functions, thinking it was involved with law enforcement of Clinton. laugh.png

He does have a point, however, that this kind of thing is absolutely unprecedented by a sitting Justice. It just goes to show how badly perceived by the various branches of government he is that such a 'beyond reproach' person would do this.

Ginsberg is, IMO, scum. She knows very well that a SCOTUS judge has to be seen to be impartial, and chose to come out with a political opinion in public. As of now, she has to recuse herself from any and all cases even remotely dealing with Trump, but I bet the she won't.

If Trump becomes POTUS I hope he does for her if she won't recuse herself on any cases his administation brings.

It's a pity then that the entire US political class can't find a single decent candidate to stand for POTUS. The US is fast becoming the laughing stock of the world with the antics going on by the rabid anti Trumpists to destroy democracy, so a lying crook can lead them to yet more ruin.

No wonder the establishment is so anti gun- they are terrified of the population rising up and throwing the whole rotten bunch of them into the gutter of history.

No wonder the establishment is so anti gun-

Really? That'awhy gun-control measures repeatedly fail? Because the establishment is so anti-gun? What planet are commenting on? Because it certainly isn't Earth.

Edited by ilostmypassword

Ginsberg is, IMO, scum. She knows very well that a SCOTUS judge has to be seen to be impartial, and chose to come out with a political opinion in public. As of now, she has to recuse herself from any and all cases even remotely dealing with Trump, but I bet the she won't.

If Trump becomes POTUS I hope he does for her if she won't recuse herself on any cases his administation brings.

It was definitely a stupid thing for her to say. You know what another stupid thing to say is?: If Trump becomes POTUS I hope he does for her if she won't recuse herself on any cases his administation brings.I didn't think there was anyone on Thaivisa who could rival Trump in his lack of understanding of the U.S. legal system. Seems like there's at least one.

It was definitely a stupid thing for her to say. You know what another stupid thing to say is?: If Trump becomes POTUS I hope he does for her if she won't recuse herself on any cases his administation brings.I didn't think there was anyone on Thaivisa who could rival Trump in his lack of understanding of the U.S. legal system. Seems like there's at least one.

No one is above the law, even if they are a SCOTUS judge, and I have no doubt that the writers of the constitution, eager as they were to prevent the emergence of kings would have written in a mechanism by which any rogue government official can be removed. If the president can be, I'm damned sure Ginsberg can also.

Ginsberg has by her actions gone rogue and is possibly insane as well.

No one is above the law, even if they are a SCOTUS judge, and I have no doubt that the writers of the constitution, eager as they were to prevent the emergence of kings would have written in a mechanism by which any rogue government official can be removed. If the president can be, I'm damned sure Ginsberg can also.

The mechanism is impeachment by the House and then a trial in the Senate. President Trump would have no say in it although he would doubtless believe otherwise.

No wonder the establishment is so anti gun-

Really? That'awhy gun-control measures repeatedly fail? Because the establishment is so anti-gun? What planet are commenting on? Because it certainly isn't Earth.

Gun control measures fail because the members of Congress are bought by the NRA.

However, I should have added "Democrat" to "the establishment".

The mechanism is impeachment by the House and then a trial in the Senate. President Trump would have no say in it although he would doubtless believe otherwise.

True.

However, if Trump offers a conservative judge up as replacement and the GOP has a majority, Ginsberg will be toast.

True.

However, if Trump offers a conservative judge up as replacement and the GOP has a majority, Ginsberg will be toast.

Why would Ginsberg be toast any more than the other moderate or liberal justices on the Supreme Court?

thaibeachlovers

@ Post 4360

"No wonder the establishment is so anti gun- they are terrified of the population rising up and throwing the whole rotten bunch of them into the gutter of history."

Right.

The most sophisticated, Militarily armed country on the planet is "terrified" of a bunch of ignorant, reactionary yokels and their pop-guns.

Text Book delusional paranoia straight out of Fox Views.

thaibeachlovers
@ Post 4359
"As for the stock market. I hope it does crash and the 1% lose it all. Time for them to eat the same dirt as the rest of us. Bring it on Trump!"
Right. You didn't put a great deal of thought into that one did you? facepalm.gif
And Trump, the quintessential Silver Spooner, the epitome of the 1 percent, has come to the rescue of the disadvantaged. cheesy.gif
You don't read much do you?
Dunning Kruger.

Here's an example of Trump's profound ignorance of the Supreme Court:

Trump: I'd pick justices who would look at Clinton's email scandal

By NOLAN D. MCCASKILL

03/30/16 10:07 AM EDT

Donald Trump on Wednesday fired back at Hillary Clinton, remarking that he would likely nominate Supreme Court justices who “would look very seriously at her email disaster.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-supreme-court-clinton-email-221377#ixzz4EGvJBP7m
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

True.

There is a vacancy on the Supreme Court because Scalia, a conservative, died. So even when he was on the bench and with a conservative majority, the SCOTUS still legalized gay-marriage, upheld Obamacare, etc. Ginsberg has a lifetime appointment and isn't going anywhere....unless she wants to.

Clinton extends lead over Trump to 13 points: Reuters/Ipsos

"Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton extended her lead over Republican rival Donald Trump to 13 percentage points in a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Tuesday,

up from 10 points at the end of last week.”

"The July 8-12 poll showed 46 percent of likely voters supported Clinton, the former secretary of state, while 33 percent supported Trump, a celebrity real estate developer.

"That compared with 45 percent who supported Clinton and 35 percent who supported Trump in the five days to July 8."

If the Election took place July 8:

post-206952-0-88396500-1468396020_thumb.

True.

Why would Ginsberg be toast any more than the other moderate or liberal justices on the Supreme Court?

Really?

Because no other justice has come out and openly declared themselves opposed to a potential POTUS. She now has no business sitting on the SCOTUS, but would need to refuse to recuse herself in a case brought by Trump to be thrown out.

thaibeachlovers

@ Post 4360

"No wonder the establishment is so anti gun- they are terrified of the population rising up and throwing the whole rotten bunch of them into the gutter of history."

Right.

The most sophisticated, Militarily armed country on the planet is "terrified" of a bunch of ignorant, reactionary yokels and their pop-guns.

Text Book delusional paranoia straight out of Fox Views.

thaibeachlovers
@ Post 4359
"As for the stock market. I hope it does crash and the 1% lose it all. Time for them to eat the same dirt as the rest of us. Bring it on Trump!"
Right. You didn't put a great deal of thought into that one did you? facepalm.gif
And Trump, the quintessential Silver Spooner, the epitome of the 1 percent, has come to the rescue of the disadvantaged. cheesy.gif
You don't read much do you?
Dunning Kruger.

I was responding to Berkshire's opinion that the stockmarket would crash if Trump started a trade war with China. Try and keep up.

BTW who do you think the millions of dischaged vets would support between Trump and Clinton? Or are you saying they are just a bunch of yokels too?

Donald Trump hopes to cure cash woes with $449,400-per-ticket fundraiser

The Republican hopes to persuade wealthy California donors to part with nearly half a million for one event, in a bid to narrow Clinton’s advantage

"In the primary campaign, Donald Trump boasted he was too rich to be bought – but he is about to travel to two of California’s richest enclaves with an urgent plea for cash."

"The presumptive Republican presidential nominee hopes to persuade fellow billionaires and even mere millionaires to stump up to $449,400 each,

to fill gaping holes in his campaign for the White House."

"He is due to attend fundraisers at private homes in Rancho Santa Fe and Bel Air next week,

on the eve of the Republican national convention in Cleveland, to try to narrow Hillary Clinton’s wide financial advantage."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/11/donald-trump-campaign-donations-california-fundraiser-clinton

The Self-Funded Bloviator.

Groveling. laugh.png

Dunning Kruger.

Can Trump spell I-R-O-N-Y?

"Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, who has railed against special-interest money, tapped for his communications team a former spokesman of Citizens United,

a nonprofit group whose name has become synonymous with big money in politics."

"Citizens United communications director Bryan Lanza joined Trump’s team as the deputy communication director for surrogates, the campaign said in a statement on Monday."

"Lanza will be responsible for managing Trump supporters who speak on his behalf at public events and to the media,

as well as the messaging those supporters are asked to reinforce."

http://blogs.reuters.com/talesfromthetrail/2016/07/11/can-trump-spell-i-r-o-n-y/

Donald Trump’s Campaign to Meet with Charles Koch’s Team

"Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump requested a meeting, which will be held in the next week or so, with Charles Koch, according to USA Today."

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/06/08/donald-trumps-campaign-to-meet-with-charles-kochs-team/

That would be the Kochs of Citizens United. Who subsequently turned him down.

Trump courted megadonors he now scorns

The candidate quietly wooed Sheldon Adelson, Paul Singer and the Koch brothers.

"Donald Trump has spent much of his presidential campaign bashing his GOP rivals as beholden to major donors, and, in recent weeks,

he’s expanded his attacks to include three major donors in particular ― Sheldon Adelson, Paul Singer and the Koch brothers."

"But POLITICO has learned that Trump or his surrogates have sought to build relationships ― if not support,

from all three, calling into question the billionaire real estate showman’s repeated assertions that, because of his wealth, he has no use for major donors."

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/donald-trump-sheldon-adelson-paul-singer-koch-brothers-215540#ixzz4EHI0vG65

That would be the top three of Super-Pac donors.

Two of whom the Bloviator "scorns" because they turned him down.

Adelson ponyed up $100 mil for the GOP:

Sheldon Adelson backs Trump trip to Israel after $100m pledge

"The multibillionaire and Republican Jewish Coalition are arranging visit before July convention,

as Adelson also plans to donate millions to Super Pacs for GOP congressional campaigns, conservative sources told the Guardian"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/20/donald-trump-sheldon-adelson-israel-trip-campaign-donation

Listen here for Text Book Bloviating:

You've been Trumped by the Huckster.

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

Wall Street shuns Trump's Cleveland convention

Industry execs won't go near the GOP event for fear of insulting clients and workforce.

"Wall Street executives are hitting the sell button on the GOP convention in Cleveland next week."

"Bankers typically use the quadrennial Republican Party gathering to schmooze clients, host parties and flaunt their connections to the nominee and other senior officials."

"In 2012, they flooded Tampa Bay to celebrate one of the industry’s favorite sons, Mitt Romney, getting the nomination."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/donald-trump-wall-street-convention-225441#ixzz4EI7g8M2b

I guess that settles it.

Not only is the Text Book Racist Bloviator the Great Divider, he's just plain bad for business.

‘I Can Watch It on TV’: Excuses for Republicans Skipping a Donald Trump Convention

"A wave of prominent Republicans have announced their intention to skip the party’s national convention in Cleveland this summer, the latest sign that Donald J. Trump,

who last week secured the delegates needed to clinch the Republican presidential nomination, continues to struggle in his effort to unite the party behind his candidacy."

"The list of those who have sent regrets includes governors and United States senators — almost all facing tough re-election fights this year,

and lifelong party devotees who have attended every convention for decades."

"Some are renouncing their seats like conscientious objectors." thumbsup.gif

All But One Former GOP Nominee to Skip Republican National Convention

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-nominee-skip-republican-national-convention/story?id=38904356

Even Republican John Kasich, the Governor of the state is taking a pass...

Unprecedented.

Justice Clarence Thomas failed to recuse himself from hearing the ACA cases while his wife Ginni was actively lobbying against the ACA.

Trump acts like a jerk to everyone who disagrees with him and he's got the audacity to whine like a little baby who needs his mommy when the eighty-three year old Supreme Brooklynite speaks up. Somebody get Princess Tiny Hands some smelling salts, he's got a case of the vapors!

Their pearl clutching over their rivals doing things they constantly do themselves is one of their fundamental characteristics.

I don't think we have to worry about Ginsberg recusing herself from cases brought by the Trump administration. cheesy.gifclap2.gifgiggle.gifgigglem.gifthumbsup.gif

Justice Clarence Thomas failed to recuse himself from hearing the ACA cases while his wife Ginni was actively lobbying against the ACA.

His wife's lobbying has nothing to do with him. Ginsburg spoke out against Trump herself. You are promoting a false equivalence.

Wall Street shuns Trump's Cleveland convention

Industry execs won't go near the GOP event for fear of insulting clients and workforce.

"Wall Street executives are hitting the sell button on the GOP convention in Cleveland next week."

"Bankers typically use the quadrennial Republican Party gathering to schmooze clients, host parties and flaunt their connections to the nominee and other senior officials."

"In 2012, they flooded Tampa Bay to celebrate one of the industry’s favorite sons, Mitt Romney, getting the nomination."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/donald-trump-wall-street-convention-225441#ixzz4EI7g8M2b

I guess that settles it.

Not only is the Text Book Racist Bloviator the Great Divider, he's just plain bad for business.

‘I Can Watch It on TV’: Excuses for Republicans Skipping a Donald Trump Convention

"A wave of prominent Republicans have announced their intention to skip the party’s national convention in Cleveland this summer, the latest sign that Donald J. Trump,

who last week secured the delegates needed to clinch the Republican presidential nomination, continues to struggle in his effort to unite the party behind his candidacy."

"The list of those who have sent regrets includes governors and United States senators — almost all facing tough re-election fights this year,

and lifelong party devotees who have attended every convention for decades."

"Some are renouncing their seats like conscientious objectors." thumbsup.gif

All But One Former GOP Nominee to Skip Republican National Convention

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-nominee-skip-republican-national-convention/story?id=38904356

Even Republican John Kasich, the Governor of the state is taking a pass...

Unprecedented.

Astounding. Even the republican Governor of Ohio is skipping the national convention being held in his state. WOW

Is the republican party going to implode at the convention or will they pretend everything ids OK and follow the Trump plane into the mountain?