PM Prayut calls for greater transparency of state offices

webfact

PM calls for greater transparency of state offices

tr.jpg

BANGKOK, 17 March 2016 (NNT) – The Prime Minister has affirmed state offices must ensure public understanding of the nation’s regulations and laws and that they must play a part in its administration, while asserting his government is resolute in bringing corruption to a minimum by the year 2018.

Prime Minister Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha, speaking at a recent seminar on the dissemination of state information and transparency, pointed out that the State Information Act of 1997 has been in effect for 18 years but has been practiced by only a few agencies.

He asked that all state offices adjust their work to be more transparent and for them to complete any ongoing projects within the next 90 days as the government is nearing the end of its first phase of national reform.

The premier said that all state offices must provide information to the public to encourage confidence and participation.

The prime minister also handed out awards for model state information sources to the Provincial Electricity Authority and Nong Khai Provincial Administration.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-17 footer_n.gif

As with democracy, when this fellow speaks it has NOTHING to do with being remotely democratic, such is the case when he reinvents the meaning of transparency as "Doing what I say."

Prayuth, we're still waiting to hear about all that money you and your family and co-workers have amassed. I realize you are very busy pointing fingers at everyone else, but if you could find the time to show the world you are actually an honest man it would help you more than any other thing you could do.

Meanwhile, for your coming out as an honest man party, I'll train some pigs for the fly-over.

Is that the same guy, who told everybody not to ask, where all his wealth and that of his family is coming from!?

Yep...transparency!

Good thing!

The clampdown on corruption does not apply to the self appointed "good people" so your question is irrelevant.Much in the same way that self sufficiency doesn't apply to "good people", but only to the peasants.The important thing is that everone should know their place, and there must be no awkward questions about legitimacy, corruption, dishonesty etc whether from the press or any other concerned person.I think that more or less covers your observation.

no mention of statues then?

Haven't you heard? That is a forbidden topic. Hahaha. Hate to see you get Article 44'd like those pesky students.

Speaking of Article 44, one would think Uncle Too would be using this omnipotent tool to wipe out graft in state agencies instead of "urging" them to be honest. Similar to the RTP asking mafia types to turn themselves in. Wonder how that went over the last weekend.

Instead we see Article 44 for what it really is. A mechanism to silence dissent: harrassing students or anyone who asks too many questions.

Send more Kool-Aid! I am talking nonsense again.

"while asserting his government is resolute in bringing corruption to a minimum by the year 2018."

Doesn't the roadmap only have his government lasting until 2017? Or, has the impossible happened, and the roadmap is slipping again?​

"while asserting his government is resolute in bringing corruption to a minimum by the year 2018."

Doesn't the roadmap only have his government lasting until 2017? Or, has the impossible happened, and the roadmap is slipping again?​

Could be 2020 or 2021 according to the NCPO's demands for an appointed Senate with top brass having (until now) undisclosed powers for 5 years. While Uncle Too may leave the scene between now and then, rest assured that the latest manoeuverings are simply to ensure that the PTB have their hydra firmly in place at the head of the table for the foreseeable future. Cut one head off. Another one grows. As I have opined in other threads, this is the last chance foe the PTB to consolidate their wealth and power before the "event." As the "event" nears, expect more desperate behaviour from Gov't House. Edited by docshock13

They have already updated that end of 2017 to end of 2017 at the earliest.

Who cares anymore what he thinks. He is such an arrogant kcuf. I watched him stroll around some fair the other day pointing at objects and then doing this ''give me now'' gesture when he wanted something. He looked like he had a carrot up his R's. Very Kim Jong'esque in his demeanour. Even the government workers applause during his speech was ''rehearsed'' to say the least.

Edited by SABloke