Lazada

DD13

Hi Folks

I keep seeing the advert on here for Lazada......

May I ask if any TV people have experience of buying through this company ?

And comments of your dealings with them

Many thanks

Hope this isn't against TV rules

When they first opened I used them regularly, but now they have many 'shops' within the site that drop ship from places like Hongkong and for certain items there are many prices from the different shops/vendor with varying degree of description, For me it's hard to tell if which items ship from Lazada's own warehouse, which I'm fine with, or from other vendor entirely. Some vendor's entry looks a bit dodgy, makes selecting which item to buy a bit stressful

Cash on delivery option solves most of the problem though.

They are great until you require actual customer service. Then they are not so great.

Sorry i disagree with you about customer service.

I use Lazada many times, only once i have received an item that did not work.

Contacted customer services, followed the instructions for sending item back.

Received e-mail notification 4 times, got money back no hassel.

Lazada customer services did ok for me.

I have ordered many times from Lazada. The last time I ordered a graphics card for my computer. The supplier send one that had been opened and obviously sold previously. It didn't work so I sent it back to Lazada the next day. They said they had to send it to the vendor for approval. It took about 6 weeks and a lot of emails to get my refund. During that time my Master Card was paid even though I complained to the bank. That damaged my respect for Lazada.

Yes, it's best to go the cash on delivery route with Lazada. I wanted an item from them that you couldn't pay for that way and I found their after-sales support service to be non-existent. I've ended up buying it off eBay instead, much easier and actually cheaper.

I was looking for a replacement for my 48 inch Samsung flat screen LED TV. Looked at prices at Powerbuy and Numchai on their websites and then checked out Lazada. The model I wanted was listed on Lazada for Baht 7000 less than on Numchai and Baht 5000 less than Powerbuy. There was a note on the one at Lazada saying that was the final day (last Thursday, the 17th) for the discounted price, so I hit "Buy Now," to be paid for on delivery.

They predicted it would be delivered to me in Pattaya between the 22nd to 24th, but yesterday morning, the 19th, got a call from the delivery driver asking for directions.(Good idea to have a Thai speaker on hand. His limited English and my limited Thai made communications a little difficult, but we still managed).

Got the TV in less than 48 hours, no delivery charge. It's up and running and all is good.

I could probably have negotiated a slightly lower price at Numchai and they do have an excellent service dept. but all things considered I considered this an excellent deal. I did go back to the Lazada website to check on the price after the "last day" offer and it is indeed Baht 2000 more now than the price I was charged.

I'll definitely check with them for any similar purchases in future. Very fast, great price and no traipsing about in malls & shops.

Edited by Suradit69

I've bought quite a few items through Lazada, most from Thailand, a few from China. I've never had a problem. I'll continue to do business with them.

I'm impressed by the perception of after sales service as I get multiple emails related to the progress of the order, and a tracking number. They have an impressive system, appearing to be pretty automatically triggered to maintain the appearance of progress. But I can't say I've ever had to correspond with a live person to solve any problems, since I've never had a problem.

My biggest nuisance is the delivery guys who call my cell phone when they're making the delivery, only speaking Thai (can't fault them for that), and only when they are in my neighborhood- no advance notice. Fortunately, I have all my goodies shipped to the office, so I just hand the phone to one of our Thai folks who steers the delivery guy to our receptionist- whether I'm in the office or in the field that day. I can see where it would be a PITA if I got the goodies delivered to my apartment and wasn't home when the delivery is made.

I've bought quite a few items through Lazada, most from Thailand, a few from China. I've never had a problem. I'll continue to do business with them.

I'm impressed by the perception of after sales service as I get multiple emails related to the progress of the order, and a tracking number. They have an impressive system, appearing to be pretty automatically triggered to maintain the appearance of progress. But I can't say I've ever had to correspond with a live person to solve any problems, since I've never had a problem.

My biggest nuisance is the delivery guys who call my cell phone when they're making the delivery, only speaking Thai (can't fault them for that), and only when they are in my neighborhood- no advance notice. Fortunately, I have all my goodies shipped to the office, so I just hand the phone to one of our Thai folks who steers the delivery guy to our receptionist- whether I'm in the office or in the field that day. I can see where it would be a PITA if I got the goodies delivered to my apartment and wasn't home when the delivery is made.

This is a constant battle for small items delivered by motorcycle courier. They just cannot find my address, ever and with no Thai speaker on hand it's very difficult to give directions. I normally ask them where they are and go out to find them LOL.

Yes, it's best to go the cash on delivery route with Lazada. I wanted an item from them that you couldn't pay for that way and I found their after-sales support service to be non-existent. I've ended up buying it off eBay instead, much easier and actually cheaper.

They usually have 2 or 3 10% off MasterCard days per week (Monday and Wednesday), so you'll miss out on these offers if you pay cash. I wait for these offers before I pay.

Use them regularly..... Only for cash on delivery though.

They offer cash on delivery for Pattaya now? Last time I looked that option was only available in Bangkok.

I have been buying stuff from them for a year or so now and COD has been available on items shipped from within Thailand.

Thanks everyone for your comments and input....on the whole it appears that " Lazada" are OK to deal with......especially COD

So as they say in the British Parliament .....the Ayes Have it

I will post my purchase experience at a later date

Many Thanks

Use them regularly..... Only for cash on delivery though.

They offer cash on delivery for Pattaya now? Last time I looked that option was only available in Bangkok.

I have been buying stuff from them for a year or so now and COD has been available on items shipped from within Thailand.

Just keep in mind that Lazada explicit instructs their couriers like Kerry that you CAN NOT inspect package contents with COD.

I was looking for a replacement for my 48 inch Samsung flat screen LED TV. Looked at prices at Powerbuy and Numchai on their websites and then checked out Lazada. The model I wanted was listed on Lazada for Baht 7000 less than on Numchai and Baht 5000 less than Powerbuy. There was a note on the one at Lazada saying that was the final day (last Thursday, the 17th) for the discounted price, so I hit "Buy Now," to be paid for on delivery.

They predicted it would be delivered to me in Pattaya between the 22nd to 24th, but yesterday morning, the 19th, got a call from the delivery driver asking for directions.(Good idea to have a Thai speaker on hand. His limited English and my limited Thai made communications a little difficult, but we still managed).

Got the TV in less than 48 hours, no delivery charge. It's up and running and all is good.

I could probably have negotiated a slightly lower price at Numchai and they do have an excellent service dept. but all things considered I considered this an excellent deal. I did go back to the Lazada website to check on the price after the "last day" offer and it is indeed Baht 2000 more now than the price I was charged.

I'll definitely check with them for any similar purchases in future. Very fast, great price and no traipsing about in malls & shops.

While I buy many things online, I would never buy a TV or any other large appliances online, for the simple reason that in the major stores you have always display items or soon to be discontinued models with full warranty at heavily discounted prices. Another reason is service, which with large appliances is a bigger issue then with electronics like a phone.

For example I recently bought a display Samsung side by side RS554NRUA1J for 29K.

At powerbuy this one goes for 54.990, and I challenge you to find it online under 40K, so my travels through malls have been very profitable.

http://www.powerbuy.co.th/p/%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B9%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%87%E0%B8%99sbs-samsung-rs554nrua1j

Lazada is one of the best, always pay COD so you wont get any negative surprises.

I don't get it. What's the benefit of COD if you can't inspect the purchase before you pay?

That's exacrly what you can, the driver will knock on your door, you inspect the package and pay. Edited by balo

I have a problem with Lazada, not with their service and prices but delivery. It's not really thier fault.

But.............I've had about 6 items over the last year and every time the driver has to ring me up and try and find my house. (I live on Siam CC road and it's fairly straight forward and my address is correct in all respects). Also, I don't think I have had anything delivered on the initial indicated date/s - it's actually usually early..

Now, I live alone and cannot speak any fluent Thai - so some of the conversations are difficult and also I play golf a couple of times a week and might not be in on the day of delivery, if it's not the one they indicate.

I suppose this is because the delivery is not by a Lazada driver, but by the driver of the supplier through which they sub contract the item. (At least that's what I think). So, there's no familiarity with my house as there is with the postman.

However, all in all, they are good value and efficient in the order and supply process. I guess I need a Thai housekeeper!biggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta wonder whether this is good news for AliExpress customers, or bad news for Lazada customers here in Thailand:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-lazada-m-a-alibaba-idUSKCN0X90HT

I like the fact that Lazada doesn't advertise anything that's not available to ship within 24 hours, posts exact, delivered prices, and I have had great luck with their delivery system. I buy quite a bit there, local goods and international (China).

AliExpress vendors advertise all kinds of stuff with no pricing (or incorrect pricing), no inventory for shipment, and absolutely no idea of delivered costs or delivery time. After years of trying to buy items from AliExpress, I have yet to complete a single transaction. The goods aren't available (we'll make them in 4-6 weeks), the price is a multiple of the listed price, or shipping is more than the item itself.

But, AliExpress has a much better selection of goodies... If only they had a decent online retail business model, like Amazon, EBay, or (dare I suggest) Lazada. Maybe this is good news.

Edited by impulse

I have been Shopping through Lazada for 6 Months, and must have purchased over 50 item's.

If the item does not have payment by COD, I go for the "pay over the counter' method, and then screenshot the bar-code,

and choose either 7.11 or Family Mart, then go and show them the bar-code and pay.

I did have one faulty item not long ago, so contacted Customer Service, returned the item and got refunded plus my returns shipping fee.

I have never had any problems with Lazada, the prices are reasonable, very low or sometimes no Shipping fee, and the quality of the goods i received is really good.

Very very happy with them.