Tipping Dentist?

Simon1287

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Precisely! I do think that a dentist or a doctor, or any professional has earned much more education and deserves more respect than that of a "tip." If you were happy and quite satisfied with the services rendered to you, then it may just be nice to compliment them verbally and recommend them to your friends, family, or to anyone whose asking for a referral. Handing out a "tip" to a professional would clearly offend him/her, good manners and right conduct 101...please!

Tipping Dentist?

For a moment, I thought this thread is about the purported activity of sneaking up on any unsuspecting dentist and pushing him or her over... silly me. rolleyes.gif

No, gratuity for dentists is highly unusual.

Edited by Morakot

Do you tip dentists in the US (or some other country) now? The US has tipping off to a fine art, but I don't recall it being a requirement or habit to tip medical staff even in that country.

Edited by SantiSuk

No, but as you leave you should give 20 baht to each of her 4 assistants.

Absolutely not, unless you want them to laugh t you

Oh all-right, 50 baht. A bargain, one of them was stroking my hand as that nasty dentist used the needle.

Why tip a Dentist? Why tip anyone, who is just doing their job.?

Don't they all get paid for the services they provide? If the employer does not pay enough, then they should seek work elsewhere. It is not a customers job to top up an employers wages!

If an employer loses his employees because he does not pay them properly, then perhaps then will think again.

Most Thai women will tip a dr involved in a birth especially c section, for some reason they seem to think it's needed to get sewn up properly!

Actually this is true for government hospitals where treatment is free or at cost and doctors receive almost nothing. A dress shirt or something along that line might be given for operations. And a donation might also be made to hospital upcountry when treatment is considered exceptional (this would be a recorded donation). But this would not be done with private hospitals or clinics.

I used to hear that it is not expected in Thailand but that often seems not the case these days.

Perhaps the OP can expand upon his statement or is he talking about tipping in general - otherwise this has to be a wind up...........