Your Most Used Phrases

FruitPudding

So, we have a thread on the most common words in Thai language, but what about your most used phrases?

On a daily basis what phrases do you find yourself saying?

Please given the roman script phonetic for those who can't read Thai as well as the English translation.

Cheers

เออจริงหรือ eu jing reu I can't do phonetics eu is just a grunt to get the words out, nothing like the eu in reu(rising tone) .

I think this is 'oh really' which I use often, since I am often find that I am being told things.

Gin kao ler mai?

So idiomatic indeed. Took me a while to understand why this was coming up in nearly every phone call!

-- Tapatalk

Chatting with southern girls?

Lol

Er.... no, not at all. Different people, mosly from central and north.

This seems to be part of the usual conversation in a phone call, asked almost as systematically asked as "sabai dee mai?" A Thai tradition obviously, although it's generally asked to me as "Gin kao reu yang?" (have you eaten yet?)

Another quite used one: จะโอนเงินวันนี้ (ja own ngeun wan nee). Do I really need to translate? Try telling me you haven't used this one...

Gin kao ler mai?

So idiomatic indeed. Took me a while to understand why this was coming up in nearly every phone call!

-- Tapatalk

Chatting with southern girls?

Lol

Er.... no, not at all. Different people, mosly from central and north.

This seems to be part of the usual conversation in a phone call, asked almost as systematically asked as "sabai dee mai?" A Thai tradition obviously, although it's generally asked to me as "Gin kao reu yang?" (have you eaten yet?)

Another quite used one: จะโอนเงินวันนี้ (ja own ngeun wan nee). Do I really need to translate? Try telling me you haven't used this one...

Lol, unfortunately yes, but she prefers cash in hand