Does anyone here day trade SET?

Hi

I have been investing for about 10 years. I am very fond of value investing and it has worked out well for me. While I will allocate most of my portfolio to value investing I am interested in looking to get involved in day trading and I would like to hear from others here that do it and share ideas etc.

Thanks

Why not trade American, European, or Hong Kong exchanges? Much more liquid, and can be done with any large global broker such as Fidelity Investments. Avoid thinly traded markets as the poster above suggests.

I'm day and sometimes swing trading on the SET since about 2½ years ... every trading day. I never skipped one during all this time. The only way to make real money, but be forwarned: it takes you a long time to be in real control of day trading. I think most people give up along the way due to repeated setbacks. I have finally come to the point that I am able to control. Now, this year only. See, it took me a long time, it needs a lot of determination, believe me. But it pays off.

I'm day and sometimes swing trading on the SET since about 2½ years ... every trading day. I never skipped one during all this time. The only way to make real money, but be forwarned: it takes you a long time to be in real control of day trading. I think most people give up along the way due to repeated setbacks. I have finally come to the point that I am able to control. Now, this year only. See, it took me a long time, it needs a lot of determination, believe me. But it pays off.

c

Agreed, I use the SCBS platform. I trade, but not daily. As Dario pointed out, day trading requires a lot of discipline,serious DD, including staying glued to your tablet from early morning until late afternoon. The last bit does not fit in with why I live in Thailand.

If I may add, a couple of observations:

most of the brokers research is useful, but it is usually very optimistic at the start of the year, gradually declining, as the year progresses and reality strikes;

Transparency, financial statement disclosure by auditors seems minimal, compared with western disclosure requirements;

Errors creep in to the Investor Relations press releases. I lost 200,000 baht on JAS, in one day, due to an erroneous IR NR . I've seen several errors this past month, re: ex-div dates, which are critical to trading decisions.

Still, trading in THB means no FX costs, online commissions are minimal, capital gains are tax exempt and you are trading during day time.

You can give yourself the answer. Look at the Bid/Ask spread of SET traded stocks.

Cheers.

The spreads are narrow enough to trade on enough stocks. eg

BBL 170 - 170.5

CBG 41.75 - 42.0

DALL 3.98 - 4.00

E .49 - .50

FNS 4.72 - 4.74

etc

Not recommendations BTW just quick scans as examples going thru the alphabet

Obviously someone needs to look at liquidity/ daily volumes on any stock they buy, but there are plenty that are liquid enough.

Now if he was looking at individual stock futures or index options (lack of) liquidity can be a more significant risk factor.

Cheers

Fletch :)