Winter Time In Europe This Morning

george

North America tonight (it is now Saturday night). So, if you are calling home don't forget that hour change!

Standard time in North America and Europe, Daylight Savings time in Australia (and presumably New Zealand).

Like sriracha John says "Spring forward, fall back".

Now I have to remind my husband to remember that I will soon be 14 hours back, not 13 :o

Yep we set our clocks here in Rome, but that didn't stop my wife fretting and getting up before daylight in order not to risk being late going to the Thai temple today.

An English/Thai son of a friend is about to enter the temple today so we are going along to join the celebrations.

Just as an asside.

The temperature outside is a cool 11C and will top out at around 23C mid day, the sky is cristal clear blue. The chilis I planted last year are full of red Thai chili, and the lemon grass has prospered too. As I type my wife is collecting to give to friends a temple.

The 'St Maria in Trastevere' bells have just confirmed it is indeed Seven a.m. and I'm contenplating nipping into Piazza Trilussa for moring coffee, if I time it right I could miss out on the arrival of Khun Eade and the ensuing changing of outfits that inevitably occurs when two women get together and realize they don't "Match".

The West Aussies amongst us do not understand the fuss.

Setting the clocks back an hour means you have to get up an hour earlier in order to milk the cows, and that extra hour of sunlight has a really bad effect on the curtains.

West Australians have knocked daylight savings on the head in every referendum for the last 30 years.

Setting the clocks back an hour means you have to get up an hour earlier in order to milk the cows, and that extra hour of sunlight has a really bad effect on the curtains.

West Australians have knocked daylight savings on the head in every referendum for the last 30 years.

It is when the clock is set forward for the summer period (which does happen now in the Southern Hemisphere) that you lose an hour.

Europeans and North Americans who set back their clocks last night were able to sleep in this morning... :o

that extra hour of sunlight has a really bad effect on the curtains.

Eh??? :o

Thats right, daylight savings, if implemented, would cause curtains to fade in both Western Australia and Queensland. Freaky force of nature, or inbred voters, no one can be sure.....

Luckily, other states don't suffer from this affliction, and as such, find that it is safe to change clocks ahead an hour at the end of every October.

that extra hour of sunlight has a really bad effect on the curtains.

Eh??? :o

Thats right, daylight savings, if implemented, would cause curtains to fade in both Western Australia and Queensland. Freaky force of nature, or inbred voters, no one can be sure.....

Luckily, other states don't suffer from this affliction, and as such, find that it is safe to change clocks ahead an hour at the end of every October.

and the cows wont milk, cause not ready

Yes stupid indeed.

I still don't get why they do this.

Saving energy? Bullshit.

Just imagine the cost to update train/boat/plane shedules :o

The most depressing time of the year. It now starts getting dark earlier and earlier,means a very short day for a late riser like myself. Only thing to keep me going is the fact that I'll be in LOS in 6 weeks. Nice afternoon here in London today though,2.30pm the suns out,blue sky and mild,not bad for October..I'm off down the pub..cheers.