Foreign tourist claims he was robbed at knifepoint minutes after arrival in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

Since everyone is guessing: I guess that he arrived from Phuket or some other heathen 'haram' place where he spent his money. It was late a night so the robbers didn't see the nice watch or bag. The Iranians hate Americans, so do they have US $ there? Great insurance plans there though. Salami to you ol' boy.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Hello Dah..Dee!!, You will not believe what has transpired...I was set upon by infidel non-believers the moment I set foot in this sinful place...Please send me more money...many contemptuous Western Union money lenders are available.......!!!

Do you get insurance on cash, I thought not???

Motive if he wasn't robbed ? maybe he owes someone money and can't pay now , seen in the news as proof???

If it is true...the guy has zero common sense.... the best time to rock up in Sin City.........if u wanna get robbed. At least you would have had the cash hidden down your jocks & just have minimal cash in your man bag??? Just thinking out loud....

Speaking through an interpreter, Mr Rasouli said he had just alighted from a bus when he crossed the road and was accosted by two men who said they would give him a lift.

It seems as if he cannot understand Thai yet he understood that the two men offered him a lift t!!

Investigators were suspicious of the man's claims however as other property such as a mobile phone and a watch were not taken. An investigating team was sent to the area of the alleged robbery but no witnesses could be found.

Police are hoping that a study of CCTV in the area will reveal what actually happened.

Perhaps a trifle over active imagination perhaps.

Perhaps they used broken English to offer him a lift?

Hopefully, cctv will reveal all.

Edited by nahkit

This is the perfect thaivisa story.

Will it be the thieving, lazy, drug addict Thais with bad parents OR will it be the lying Middle eastern insurance scammer, who doesn't drink alcohol and support the bars?

Let the bashing begin!!!!!!

Bashing is just a silly buzz word used way to much on this forum,

mostly by the Pc brigade who just cant stand the truth. coffee1.gif

... 'the truth' meaning, in this case, your truth of course. Now, as silly buzz words go, 'PC brigade' is a pretty good example too. And you accuse people of using clichés ? That extra Chang isn't doing your neurones any good, Sir ... biggrin.png

Edited by Yann55

facepalm.gif

Why do people on here state what happened when they cannot know?

Sure he could be lying and sure it could easily be true.

Someone ALONE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT in Dodge City

is an easy target.

I wonder where his money was.....wallet? Envelope?

I tend on balance to believe him.

I hope there is CCTV.

The rule of law is guilty until proven innocent. The other way around is folklore.

Speaking through an interpreter, Mr Rasouli said he had just alighted from a bus when he crossed the road and was accosted by two men who said they would give him a lift.

It seems as if he cannot understand Thai yet he understood that the two men offered him a lift t!!

Investigators were suspicious of the man's claims however as other property such as a mobile phone and a watch were not taken. An investigating team was sent to the area of the alleged robbery but no witnesses could be found.

Police are hoping that a study of CCTV in the area will reveal what actually happened.

Perhaps a trifle over active imagination perhaps.

i am thinking insurance scam, carrying 90.000 THB in cash he could have taken a taxi from BKK for less than 1.000 thb

What bus arrives from Bangkok in the middle of the night?

The bus where the driver may have stopped for a sleep......instead of doing it while he is still driving....as some try to

And fail

Edited by DD13

If the story is right hope police catches them and if it's a lie hope he also gets booked and kicked out of Thailand for creating a fuss and spoiling polices time and effort.

Such thing can happen as it did in the past and we shouldn't generalize people or victim by their ethnicity or religion or nationality. It's very mean no doubt. We have seen how a story of any Arab, Indian or Korean man being robbed by Ladyboys in Pattaya gets flooded with silly mean comments but when the victim is European or other national then it's all about sympathy and time to get tough on the LB. the point is there are good and bad people every where and sane way every country has rich and poor. There is no point in generalizing. A crime is a crime and any victim of any nationality still is a victim

What bus arrives from Bangkok in the middle of the night?

The bus where the driver may have stopped for a sleep......instead of doing it while he is still driving....as some try to

And fail

Sarcasm aside, what bus arrives from Bangkok in the middle of the night? Checked the bus schedule for buses leaving Morchit and Ekamai; The last bus leaves 7:30 pm. from both stations. 4 1/2 hours to get to Pattaya in non-rush hour?? Maybe he ran out of money and looking for a cash infusion from back home . Who knows! True anything is possible but I would be suspicious too of his story.

According to the news article he was visiting Pattaya but his address is in Bangkok ? Doesn't sound like a tourist to me. If he really was robbed I think the guys on the bike already knew him . Maybe mafia money, of course I'm only speculating like anyone else.....

Edited by balo

When I was knocked out in Walking Street two years ago and robbed they only took my wallet from my buttoned up cargo pants pocket and left my phone and did not remove any of my jewellery my credit card and bank card were in another pocket strange but true seemed they only wanted hard cash.

An Iranian had 90,000?

I found that strange too. After all, he's a Muslim and as such won't be needing money for alcohol. He won't need money to rent girls <deleted> so I wonder why he'd be needing that much cash in Pattaya?

Edited by Rimmer

An Iranian had 90,000?

I found that strange too. After all, he's a Muslim and as such won't be needing money for alcohol. He won't need money to rent girls <deleted> so I wonder why he'd be needing that much cash in Pattaya?

Its a smoke screen coffee1.gif .

Or could be a part time Muslim, i have met a few around the world in the past drunk.gif

Edited by onemorechang

From personal experience I have never met an Iranian that was not polite, courteous and basically honest.

If you know anything about people, you should know that Iranians are not Arabs, they take offence at this confusion. They are mostly Persians.

I find the details strange due to several factors, just took the money (maybe iPhones /Samsung are not worth the bother, unlocking passwords etc FBI are having trouble with that ! ) Ability to sort of communicate with his attackers.

Attackers found the right guy with 2,500 US in his bag...was that by chance ? Serious muggers Chock Dee...

A random selection of even most foreigners would have resulted in a fraction of that amount in the wallet.

The real Sherlock would be confused, but the TV sleuths will all have their take / verdict on this.

My experience of Iranians has been very different. I lived in Iran and found most to be dreadful, bigoted and dishonest. Although they are not Arabs they are very similar and follow an extreme version of Islam not Sunni but Shia. This teaches them to mislead all people who are not Muslims- to lie with no sense of guilt. My experience indicates this man would be aware and possible fearful of walking around with so much cash around a bus station or other public area at night. I do not believe his story.