Chinese tourists safe after Phuket tour bus fire

snoop1130

Chinese tourists safe after Phuket tour bus fire
Eakkapop Thongtub

post-249866-0-77400500-1458649908_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Fourteen Chinese tourists were safely evacuated from their tour bus after it caught fire in Rassada, on the east side of Phuket Town, this afternoon (Mar 22).

Bus driver Samrueng Rakmun, 53, called the emergency hotline 191 at 2pm and reported that his bus had caught fire while he was driving on Sri Suthat Rd in Rassada.

Police arrived to find Mr Samrueng spraying the dashboard with the fire extinguisher carried on board the Bangkok-registered bus, eliminating any trace of smoke within minutes.

Mr Samrueng told officers that he picked up the 14 tourists from Nonthasak Pier and was heading to Patong to drop them off when flames started spouting from the speedometer.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-tourists-safe-after-phuket-tour-bus-fire-56713.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-03-22

That's well possible!

When i bought my new motobike the speedometer was not moving smooth. I took the cable off and they "forgot" to grease it. When i told them to grease it they even didn't have any grease and didn't understand me at all!

I noticed several life threatening things in my 5 years living in Thailand.
One is: Thai busses don't have an emergency exit !!!

Just one of the reasons I will never ever travel by bus in Thailand. Complete death traps!!!

He's pointing at the speedo, which proves his claim beyond reasonable doubt. ????

Although... Chances are that he had something else incorrectly or illegally wired into the electrics under the dash.

If that round clock is the speedo than it looks still unburned to me.

I guess there was a fuse replaced by alufoil or a stronger one. If so than a wire will start melting/burning.

Thai buses should be inspected regularly, too many accidents happen because of faulty repairs or technical problems.