Norwegian father robbed in front of family by Thai men in Pattaya

webfact

Norwegian father robbed in front of family by Thai men in Pattaya
Thaivisa Reporters

nw.jpg

PATTAYA:-- A Norwegian tourist was robbed by motorbike snatch thieves seconds after getting money from an ATM in Pattaya earlier this morning, reports Thaivisa News.

Police rushed to the scene in Soi 2 Chalermprakiat, where they found the shocked family stranded and confused. Mr Prggyy Sjnoerbry, 59, [transliteration] had just got 20,000 baht from a cash machine.

As the family were walking for an enjoyable trip out their evening turned to horror as two men on a motorbike drove past and snatched the bag with the money, an iPhone 5 and other valuables worth 50,000 baht.

The thieves raced away down the soi. Investigating officer Siraphudech Chamnankij of Pattaya police hopes that examination of CCTV in the area will give officers a lead in the case.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-23

I find it hard to read Burmese politicians names...normally Norwegian names are simple Thor, Loki, Henkie et all...

Hope they catch the bums .....similar thing happened to me and GF 6 years ago...she lost 10,000 baht, ID card, phone etc...

So don't ask me if I have any time for the male of the species in this jungle....

Edited by lonewolf99

So if that happens to your family you'll be filmed at the policestation and put online? sad.pngwai2.gifwai2.gif

And who's that speaking guy in the orange vest? A motocy taxi with the name "Welder"? I thought they should have a registration number on their back.

I wonder if the police will doubt this families story,like they did with

the young man the other day who said he was robbed at knife point,

just after arriving in Pattaya,like it does not happen there.

regards Worgeordiie

So if that happens to your family you'll be filmed at the policestation and put online? sad.pngwai2.gifwai2.gif

And who's that speaking guy in the orange vest? A motocy taxi with the name "Welder"? I thought they should have a registration number on their back.

It's a witness telling what was stolen and a description of the snatchers, including an age estimate.

Photos/videos identifying victims will only be published if there are no objections.

Perhaps the man in the vest is a witness who works as a welder?

Anything else that you need explaining?

I hope that's his Mum in the photo. coffee1.gif

I you've watched the video, you'd know wink.png

He obviously was with his father, mother and his blonde nordic wife//girlfriend a young blonde nordic girl, could be wife/GF/sister?

EDIT: likely it is his father was robbed who is not on the picture.

Thif fellow on the picture does not look like 59 years?

Edited by KhunBENQ

I would imagine that there is significantly more evidence of the robbery in this case, especially if CCTV footage is available.

The motorcycle (taxi?) rider as a witness in the video should be enough.

A witness although he speaks to the journo and gives details he mist have learnt from police (what has been stolen).

I caught that one of the thiefs was a "fat" guy estimated 25yr old? (could be wrong).

This is NOT a made up story.

Edited by KhunBENQ

'Other valables worth 50,000 baht' .... so if phone and money was stolen, what other 'valuables would be worth 50,000 baht to walk around with ? They took their jewlelary off and put it in the bag ? They had a 50,000 baht camera in the bag ?

Why not!

Unknowing tourists do not consider Pattaya as a Brazilian slum.

At least the place is not advertised like this.

They might have read the TAT brochure.

And Norwegians have some money to spend!

Edited by KhunBENQ

That Norwegian name makes no sense. But good for him, I would not be happy to share my name with the rest of the world, especially in Pattaya.

Prggyy Sjnoerbry, 59, [transliteration]

This "transliteration" usually ends up in utter nonsense.

Some Thai journo heard the name, transcribed it to Thai and then to "English".

There are so many examples.

Seems like the family was not up to hold the passport up for the camera tongue.png

Photos/videos identifying victims will only be published if there are no objections.

Perhaps the man in the vest is a witness who works as a welder?

Anything else that you need explaining?

Yes! Why did they film that beaten-up russian tourist today who clearly stated he didn't want to be filmed. You are our Einstein who knows it all so why is it?

And why do motocy taxi's in Pattaya wear an offshore vest from a welder instead of the real one given to them by the big general? They need to show their number and taxistand.

I find it hard to read Burmese politicians names...normally Norwegian names are simple Thor, Loki, Henkie et all...

Hope they catch the bums .....similar thing happened to me and GF 6 years ago...she lost 10,000 baht, ID card, phone etc...

So don't ask me if I have any time for the male of the species in this jungle....

I will read that as you dont

Clearly, a man lacking in situational awareness....i never use atms....i carry cash to exchange places...far more dangerous if u ask me....but i am on high alert throughtout the process....the approach, the actual receipt and counting of money...then stashing it deep in a front pocket.

This is not retired SAS behaviour...its common sense....ive seen peopl more interested in their mobile phones at exchange counters than looking around and seeing whats around them.

'Other valables worth 50,000 baht' .... so if phone and money was stolen, what other 'valuables would be worth 50,000 baht to walk around with ? They took their jewlelary off and put it in the bag ? They had a 50,000 baht camera in the bag ?

A camera can easily be worth 50,000 baht. Mine is worth 20k, and I am a cheapskate, buying an entry level canon dslr. 50,000 is nothing for a quality dslr. Do you have any more questions or insinuations?

A camera can easily be worth 50,000 baht. Mine is worth 20k, and I am a cheapskate, buying an entry level canon dslr. 50,000 is nothing for a quality dslr. Do you have any more questions or insinuations?

Of course they look like the people to walk around with a 50k camera .... absolutely unheard of for people to inflate insurance claims ... what a jolly world we live in.

Lots of Farlangs are getting beaten, robbed and murdered in Pattaya every year yet the tourists still flock there. It`s not what I would consider a family holidaying resort. Tourists other then sexpats and boozers must be insane booking up a holiday