Baht Bus To Jomtien

wimpy

Yeah, I got on at the stop next to the football pitch/open square in South Pattaya - and when I jumped of at Jomtien around Soi 5 I got 40 Baht change for my 50 Baht note. Did the trip twice. Should be mentioned that one has to wait at this stop for the Baht-bus to fill up - so might be different from the ones that do not stop there but instead keep going. Cheers!

I dont want to start an argument with naka but I have always paid 10 bhat for the trip from Pattaya to Jomtien even late in the evening. Maybe it depends how far down the beach you go.

Providing you do not make a specific arrangement with the driver and you are on the baht bus circuit the fare is 5 baht although most farangs pay 10 baht as I do. Out of courtesy if I am travelling way down Jomtien Beach Rd I may pay 20 baht.

If you board a baht bus which is stopped i.e. parked at the side of the road waiting for a customer or if you request a destination you should negotiate the price beforehand with the driver otherwise he/she may charge you a high price.

i swear all holy oaths -on the health of my late parents and the eyesight of my unborn great-grandchildren that this thread is the most interesting one in ThaiVisaForum.

of course closely followed by "where to get good food below 30 baht" and "can i make i living in Thailand on 85 cents a day?"

:o

i swear all holy oaths -on the health of my late parents and the eyesight of my unborn great-grandchildren that this thread is the most interesting one in ThaiVisaForum.

of course closely followed by "where to get good food below 30 baht" and "can i make i living in Thailand on 85 cents a day?"

:o

Swearing is not allowed on the forum :D

If you think this is interesting, try checking out the letters page of the Pattaya Mail, the baht bus letters in there are always worth a laugh.

I have a feeling that the good doc was jesting sungod....maybe its because we have not displayed any graphs on the subject showing the relevant cost per baht bus journey over the last 15 years or so and combining the effects that this would have upon each tourists relative currency :o

I also pay 10bht for this journey (South Pattaya to Jomtien)

Heading back from Jomtein to Pattaya i pay 10bht unless i go past the Royal garden Plaza, then i give 20bht.

If I get on the bus and no other passager gets on, I also give 20bht even for shoter journey's from Jomtien to Pattaya and vice versa.

Heading back from Jomtein to Pattaya i pay 10bht unless i go past the Royal garden Plaza, then i give 20bht.

If I get on the bus and no other passager gets on, I also give 20bht even for shoter journey's from Jomtien to Pattaya and vice versa.

No Wonder manhattans seems expensive

:D:D:D

The bht bus from Jomtein to Manhattans i would also pay 10bht :D:o

:o:D:D

The fare from the main to/from Bangkok bus station is 30bht, every other fare is the same as any normal baht bus fare, as outlined above 10bht farang, 5 bht Thai.

Baht bus drivers sometimes argue the toss, I just tell them to call the police.

If you think this is interesting, try checking out the letters page of the Pattaya Mail, the baht bus letters in there are always worth a laugh.

I have a feeling that the good doc was jesting sungod....maybe its because we have not displayed any graphs on the subject showing the relevant cost per baht bus journey over the last 15 years or so and combining the effects that this would have upon each tourists relative currency :o

Hi Pattaya Fox, Im just jesting too, but I have to agree with the Doc, theres plenty of spin offs for this thread.

(just for those interested, S+W baked beans on special offer this week in Friendship, 2 baht off the RRP)

The fare from the main to/from Bangkok bus station is 30bht, every other fare is the same as any normal baht bus fare, as outlined above 10bht farang, 5 bht Thai.

Baht bus drivers sometimes argue the toss, I just tell them to call the police.

It does not say anywhere in Thai law that the baht bus fare is double for a farang.

The fare is 5 baht whether you are a Thai or not.

They try to charge non-thais double. The baht bus drivers are greedy, pieces of excrement. Imagine what they did in their previous lives to end up reincarnated as these lowlifes.

In all my years here I have only once had a run in with a baht bus driver and the police had to be called! The hundreds of other I've met have all been very decent human beings. (But how I wish there were metered a/c taxis in this Thailand's second city.) Like the rest of you I tend to pay 10 baht for a longish ride but only 5 for very short such as hopping on and off along Beach Road or from S. Pattaya lights to Kasikorn Bank.

(But how I wish there were metered a/c taxis in this Thailand's second city.) Like the rest of you I tend to pay 10 baht for a longish ride but only 5 for very short such as hopping on and off along Beach Road or from S. Pattaya lights to Kasikorn Bank.

Are you sure you would like to replace the bathbus with metered taxis? :o

A bathbus can take at least 10 passengers. If using taxis most of them would only have one or two passengers. This means that there would have to be about 5 times more cars on the streets to fill the void from the bathbusses, total traffic chaos!!!!

Also, the short trip along beach road would be 35Bath not 5bath. :D

You can't beat the bath bus for price or convenience but yes it would be nice to be able to call for a metered taxi occationally when you have to go to out of the way places.

(But how I wish there were metered a/c taxis in this Thailand's second city.) Like the rest of you I tend to pay 10 baht for a longish ride but only 5 for very short such as hopping on and off along Beach Road or from S. Pattaya lights to Kasikorn Bank.

A bathbus can take at least 10 passengers. If using taxis most of them would only have one or two passengers. This means that there would have to be about 5 times more cars on the streets to fill the void from the bathbusses, total traffic chaos!!!!

You can't beat the bath bus for price or convenience but yes it would be nice to be able to call for a metered taxi occationally when you have to go to out of the way places.

This is a good price for a bathbus, The shower bus is quicker and cheaper tho.

I dont want to start an argument with naka but I have always paid 10 bhat for the trip from Pattaya to Jomtien even late in the evening. Maybe it depends how far down the beach you go.

Providing you do not make a specific arrangement with the driver and you are on the baht bus circuit the fare is 5 baht although most farangs pay 10 baht as I do. Out of courtesy if I am travelling way down Jomtien Beach Rd I may pay 20 baht.

If you board a baht bus which is stopped i.e. parked at the side of the road waiting for a customer or if you request a destination you should negotiate the price beforehand with the driver otherwise he/she may charge you a high price.

correct

Replace, No. Supplement, Yes. At times I would be willing to pay for the convenience of door-to-door service in an air-conditioned vehicle. Let's face it, the biggest benefit of baht buses is that they're cheap.

Edited by ThaiBob

Replace, No. Supplement, Yes. At times I would be willing to pay for the convenience of door-to-door service in an air-conditioned vehicle. Let's face it, the biggest benefit of baht buses is that they're cheap.

The Only benefit is that they are cheap.

If you are travelling along beach road or second round this system is great, but try using this system around third road etc, hardly any at all and that is if they stop.

I find the bht bus drivers tend not to go past sio 7 Jomtien beach road in the evening. On more than one occasion I have been thrown off here.

A taxi service added to the system would be a much needed improvement. Leave the Bht buses where they wont to be along beach road Pattaya and then any other journeys where the bht buses would rather not go a air con metered taxi.