Mukdahan-Savannakhet Bridge Bus

Are there other options to cross the bridge? Next time I want to avoid the 20 minutes of hell involved with riding the bridge bus.

Private Taxi ?

Staying at Savan Vegas and use their minibus ?

Picking up your passport, just before closing thus avoiding all the people?

Driving your own car across ?

I think that is about it.

Are there other options to cross the bridge? Next time I want to avoid the 20 minutes of hell involved with riding the bridge bus.

Private Taxi ?

Staying at Savan Vegas and use their minibus ?

Picking up your passport, just before closing thus avoiding all the people?

Driving your own car across ?

I think that is about it.

Leaving Savannakhet late didn't work last time. I rented a scooter on the last trip and picked up my passport after 3pm, dropped off the scooter at the hotel and then proceeded to the bus station, left the bus station at around 4:30pm and the bus was still jam packed when it left Laos. Maybe the Savan Vegas minivan will accommodate non guests.

Edited by kanook

@kanook

We (took the wife with me) hated that trip with that Bus also very much. This year we either Fly, take our own car across or go somewhere else (Penang for example) to get the new Non-O

Edit: Just thought of an alternative (not a really good one though ;)). Stay an extra night and get across mid morning next day ?

Edited by MJCM

Thanks for the input MJCM. You may want to check out recent threads on Penang; seems they have recently moved the goalposts for a NON O multi entry.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/916357-i-need-help-with-getting-multiple-entry-type-o-based-on-marriage/

Thanks, yes I have seen that.

I have the money (in a fixed account) for years already (even enough for retirement (but still not old enough ;))). I just don't wanna bother with immigration anymore, as my current local immigration is very though to deal with.

Edited by MJCM