Pattaya tourists warned to beware of bag snatch thieves, say cops

webfact

Thaivisa Reporters

pat.jpg

PATTAYA:— Pattaya police have today issued a warning to tourists to watch out for motorcycle bag snatch thieves after a string of cases at the seaside resort, reports Thaivisa News.

In what is becoming virtually a daily occurrence the latest victims were a British couple walking back to their hotel along Pattaya 2 road at 12:10am on Monday.

"Tourists and locals alike should be especially careful of motorcycle snatch thieves stealing accessories worn about their person," said the local force.

In an all too familiar scenario, the tourists were by the side of the road at the intersection by Tops Supermarket when a man on a motorbike reached out and grabbed a 50,000 baht necklace belonging to the 56 year old man named as William McCririck.

The tourist in reporting the matter to police said they were aware of this danger in Pattaya but it all happened so quickly there was nothing he could do. The man on the bike raced off leaving the shocked tourists.

Officer Sanan Khotanon investigating warned both locals and tourists to be especially vigilant at this time. CCTV in the area is being studied but the thief is believed to be a professional who is bound to strike again.

Last week a Chinese tourist lost a 250,000 Cartier necklace in similar fashion.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-28

Thanks for the timely warning,I never realised this could happen in Pattaya thumbsup.gif

I think people wearing all that clobber deserve what they get. I've never understood the reason to have a loada gold emblazoned on your person.

My ex-Mrs in the UK looked like Mr.T from the A-Team on a program on tv years ago. I told everyone it cost me a Fortune to make her look that CHEAP !!!

Thanks for the timely warning,I never realised this could happen in Pattaya thumbsup.gif

I think people wearing all that clobber deserve what they get. I've never understood the reason to have a loada gold emblazoned on your person.

My ex-Mrs in the UK looked like Mr.T from the A-Team on a program on tv years ago. I told everyone it cost me a Fortune to make her look that CHEAP !!!

a man on a motorbike reached out and grabbed a 50,000 baht necklace

Hardly Mr. T!

maybe they should print a small message on the tourist arrival card that for their own protection tourists should not wear valuables such as gold necklaces or if they insist on doing so be highly vigilant of snatchers

Maybe they should have a police for that actually gives a damn.

Oh, and watch out for people with knives and guns. Oh, and don't wear jewelry or dress provocatively. Oh, It's best not to talk to anyone but your friends, and just smile all the time, as not to cause confusion.

I have worn a four baht gold necklace since 1967. Had someone try to steal it once, but I broke his wrist and he lost interest in it. I wear mine under my shirt and my long hair helps cover it further. It helps if you are aware of your surroundings and don't lose control of your faculties when out and about--I have often put it in my pocket.

All together now: "Bad Guys out, Good Guys in....oh...."blink.png

I've seen this happen on Soi Buakhao as two bonny Russian lasses were crossing the road to go into the Siam Sawasdee when the villains struck.

The criminals had been following them and luckily for the girls a pod of Moto boys nearby were on the ball, gave chase and not only collared (and pasted) the criminals but thankfully recovered the stolen bag. According to one of the Moto boys, these villains had been operating in that area for a while though it was virtually 'un-policeable' and easy pickings as it is so easy to 'vanish' in that area (turn off the main soi, down a side soi buzz along into third road and onwards where there are plenty of places to 'hide' and you're pretty much away).

Lots of easy targets in Pattaya walking around , it's a paradise if you have a fast bike to escape with, I might consider this profession if I go completely broke .

a man on a motorbike reached out and grabbed a 50,000 baht necklace

Hardly Mr. T!

Was talking hypothetically - never at any time did I list the amount of Tom my dear friend !!!!

Thaivisa Reporters

pat.jpg

PATTAYA:— Pattaya police have today issued a warning to tourists to watch out for motorcycle bag snatch thieves after a string of cases at the seaside resort, reports Thaivisa News.

In what is becoming virtually a daily occurrence the latest victims were a British couple walking back to their hotel along Pattaya 2 road at 12:10am on Monday.

"Tourists and locals alike should be especially careful of motorcycle snatch thieves stealing accessories worn about their person," said the local force.

In an all too familiar scenario, the tourists were by the side of the road at the intersection by Tops Supermarket when a man on a motorbike reached out and grabbed a 50,000 baht necklace belonging to the 56 year old man named as William McCririck.

The tourist in reporting the matter to police said they were aware of this danger in Pattaya but it all happened so quickly there was nothing he could do. The man on the bike raced off leaving the shocked tourists.

Officer Sanan Khotanon investigating warned both locals and tourists to be especially vigilant at this time. CCTV in the area is being studied but the thief is believed to be a professional who is bound to strike again.

Last week a Chinese tourist lost a 250,000 Cartier necklace in similar fashion.

tvn.png

-- 2016-03-28

And why wearing expensive necklaces?

What´s new?

Whats new ? The major increase in frequency. There are way too many lowlife Thai males in Pattaya now. Solution : Roll the Army into Pattaya with about 50 big trucks.

Take them away - Fascism is not all bad.