drunk sexting ramifications with immigration?

Those advising you to do nothing until and unless it becomes clear you need to are correct, I think.

I have no particular expertise in this type of matter but I do recall speaking with a lawyer in Pattaya a short while ago who said that he could only assist in dealing with a matter in an "unofficial" way if the charge had not got into the police's computer system. So maybe a chat with a lawyer sooner rather than later would make some sense.

Those advising you to do nothing until and unless it becomes clear you need to are correct, I think.

I have no particular expertise in this type of matter but I do recall speaking with a lawyer in Pattaya a short while ago who said that he could only assist in dealing with a matter in an "unofficial" way if the charge had not got into the police's computer system. So maybe a chat with a lawyer sooner rather than later would make some sense.

If it is going into the police computer, it is already there. Whether it goes further once in the computer, in this case, will depend on the young woman. Certainly, there are times to proactively try to prevent matters escalating. I do not think this is one of them.

If it is going into the police computer, it is already there. Whether it goes further once in the computer, in this case, will depend on the young woman. Certainly, there are times to proactively try to prevent matters escalating. I do not think this is one of them.

How can you be sure of that? Note my words: ".......... if the charge had not got into the police's computer system".

I imagine there has not yet been a charge, or do you think otherwise?

Here is an outline of the Thai Judicial Process

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/mobile//service/legal-matters/arrest-in-thailand.html

generally a preliminary investigation would occur after a police report has been filed in which i would be contacted by phone or by police at my condo..

cops try hard not to clog up the court system with paltry stuff, ive ceased contact with the lady after a brief apology text and this was a one time deal

they could contact me by mail but why bother when they have my phone number and address?

so im assuming its a done deal.. we'll see

Why not just play silly bugger and say it was not you.

Phone was lost/stolen.

Make it lost / stolen , ie get a new sim.

I do not see any major criminal charges but possibly sexual harassment , but being rather minor, I doubt it will go any further.

He has likely already apologised via the same phone! He said so....

Sometimes one has to just stop lying and be honest and apologetic and I think this is one of these times.

I also think money will be required.

If you think more lies solves problems you have been here too long.

Has she got a picture of your face?

does she have a copy of your passport?

does she know where you live?

does she know your full name?

does she have your visa details?

so she has gone to the police to say some farang sent me a text/picture and asked me to sleep with him??? do not go to the cops, do not contact her,change your sim, move apartments/hotel and stop bloody drinking!

if anybody does contact you, just say she wanted a photo and you was 'Mau/drunk' and sent what she asked for, along with a joke about sleeping with her.

Edited by lemel

any idea when i might get such a notice? she gave them my condo and room number, my line, and my phone number... i mean im not too hard to find

feeling the need to tell me the police will

be informing immigration and my embassy when in all likelihood thats exactly what the police probably arent doing makes me feel like shes just blowing smoke and frustrated in the police's lack of interest in something pretty minor

just so tired of scare tactics in this country... would like some resolution now even if that would mean going to a police station and asking if im clear

tired of scare tactics, start behaving like a normal person. no problems then